2017 CS Nebelhorn Short Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Short Dance

TMC

Record Breaker
Coomes/Buckland (GBR) are essentially a guaranteed lock on an Olympic spot. Kuramato/Reed (JPN) and Lorenz/Polizoakis (GER) are a soft lock, barring some terrible incident. And then there are 2 (perhaps 3) more spots between eight contenders that have SD scores between 53.27 and 58.34. Free dance should be nailbiter!

So are there five spots or six spots? It's confusing :laugh:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Honestly, I'm afraid she has no chance. They didn't give it to Isabella Tobias, and she was in a much stronger partnership. So I can't see them giving it to Allison.

Sorry

CaroLiza_fan

Lithuania is very strict with citizenship issues. So the answer is "if the miracle won't happen - no way". They should have succeeded already as Lithuanian government asserts that they can't give anyone citizenship as an award for a future services to the country.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker

There are only 5 spots available from what I understand. But there may be citizenship problems so who will actually get those five spots are subject to change, though right now I would say that the teams from GBR, JPN, and GER will likely be clinching three of those spots by the end of the free dance.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Igor is a terrific technical coach, Marina has more artistic vision. It's why they made such a fantastic team.

Yes, yes, but I honestly think that they should master technique firstly and not look for any kind of artistic insight yet. Zoueva is a tremendous coach but I believe that staying with Igor would have given them much stronger technical base. Just my opinion though.

Jana

On the Ice
I am looking to protocols now. Can someone explain to me what "Violation of choreography restrictions: (1 of 10)" or "Violation of choreography restrictions: (3 of 10)" or "Music requirements violation: (2 of 10)" mean? Or just link?

Thank you!

nimi

Medalist
See my post:
In theory 5 spots available, in practice 6 (because of the Danish team's citizenship situation)
Denmark has very strict residency requirements for citizenship and FB/S train in Canada, so no chance of her getting the c-ship.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am looking to protocols now. Can someone explain to me what "Violation of choreography restrictions: (1 of 10)" or "Violation of choreography restrictions: (3 of 10)" or "Music requirements violation: (2 of 10)" mean? Or just link?

Thank you!

Those are all rules that require a majority of judges to choose them before a deduction can be taken. So the 3 of 10, 2 of 10 etc just indicates how many judges pressed the button.

Ice Dance has a lot of really finicky rules around choreography restrictions and music requirements (tempo, beat etc). So some judges will press, but most won't.

snsd

On the Ice

Thank you!

It shows that one of 10 judges (including the referee) or 3 of 10 wanted to give them a deduction based on rules of choreography or music requirements in this case.

Jana

On the Ice
MUCH improved from M/C as well. This should be interesting score-wise.

But the first mark :( And -1.00 deduction (too long lift? or why?).

From protocols:
STw2 GOE +0.51
1RH1+kpTNN 3.20 GOE -0.06

And extended lift.

Last season, they didn't have an opportunity to go to a big competition (they were replaced for Europeans and nobody knows why). There are two couples in Czech rep....

I understand them that they are upset :( Michal has a bad luck - I can't forget the situation on JWC 2011 in Korea when they (together with her previous partner Karolina Prochazkova) didn't get their luggage with skates in time. And then the last season - replacement before Europeans at home :(

Jana

On the Ice
It shows that one of 10 judges (including the referee) or 3 of 10 wanted to give them a deduction based on rules of choreography or music requirements in this case.

Thank you! And how many judges must give them a deduction to get the deduction? Five or more?

Lota

Record Breaker
Honestly, I'm afraid she has no chance. They didn't give it to Isabella Tobias, and she was in a much stronger partnership. So I can't see them giving it to Allison.

Sorry

CaroLiza_fan

They did give it to her, she and Stagniūnas went to Sochi Olympics together. But I don't think this is something that will repeat itself, so I doubt we will see R/A representing Lithuania at the Olympics.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They did give it to her, she and Stagniūnas went to Sochi Olympics together. But I don't think this is something that will repeat itself, so I doubt we will see R/A representing Lithuania at the Olympics.

Oops. Sorry. :eek:: :slink:

Now I'm wondering if I was thinking about somebody else and, if so, who? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Barb

Record Breaker
Damn, I fell asleep :(, I just watched some dances.

C/B congrats for the great comeback, what a score!!, I don´t like the program, but good for them. Thanks figure skating, I reached my limit, now I hate Historia de un amor, at least the Pérez Prado version. Please, please, please Shibs, don´t use it!!! :drama:.

M/R I loved it, favorite short dance.

L/P, I really like the program, especially the first part. She reminds me of Tanith, I wonder if she has been working with them.

Yura and Alexander, I'm one of the few people who enjoy the song Despacito, but I really don´t like in the program, so I just went to the see the video of Despacito and definitely my problem are M/G, not the song, at first place, they removed the catchiest part of the song :disapp:. The second song seems a 90´s random ballade :roll5:, ugh, and to top it off the last song is Mujer latina :palmf:. I really like their commitment and I want they get the olympic spot but I just wish they modify their program.