2017 CS US International Classic FD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic FD

andromache

Record Breaker
:love::love::dbana::dbana:

They've transformed OTT schlocky (which I loved) into totally cool and sexy without taking out the romance.

H/D are my fave US team, and their skating looks better than ever. The choreography is wonderful and innovative. I'm surprised to see a FD looking this crisp and fantastic this early on in the season. Excellent costuming as well. This feels like their time to move up to US #2 or #1, but I doubt USFS will take that gamble during an Olympic year.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc !!!!! :luv17::hap57:

andromache

Record Breaker
H/B have been so promising for so long but their own mistakes and sloppiness have held them back (as has the dramatic improvement from H/D ever since they moved to Montreal - being #4 from your country in ice dance never helped anyone's PCS), but I can really, really appreciate their current qualities and future potential when they skate like this.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Such a perfect expression, not of love, but of a Dream of Love .....:luv17:

I'm going to have to watch this performance a few times, I think, to stop being scared they're going to have a disastrous fall .... what must it be like for them!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Hmm, H/B must have lost some levels somewhere. They did look a little out of sync in a couple of spots

Oooooh, are Kana and Chris skating to Miyazaki?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Oh nooooooo it's Forbidden Colours I'm gonna cry

I always wanted someone to skate to thi fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ice network i haaaate you

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
beautiful skate from Kana and Chris!

I love the Japanese music, the lilt of it and their dancing. The cherry blossom of her dress. I'm way impressed.

moon

On the Ice
Underwhelmed by Hawayek and Baker for a second time around program. Not worth those marks

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Not Liebestraum's best outing, but still love that program (and Kaitlin and Jean-Luc).

Kana and Chris! Beautiful.

lady_bee

Medalist
Oh nooooooo it's Forbidden Colours I'm gonna cry

I always wanted someone to skate to thi fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ice network i haaaate you

That's my favorite, too. And it's come from my favorite team.:luv17:

Edit:
Is that the first International medal for Kana& Chris? Congrats:yahoo:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really liked Kana and Chris' program. Well choreographed and skated. She is just lovely and lyrical. I like his skating more now than..well....

Barb

Record Breaker
H/D very good program, her dress is much better than the pink one too. It was also a good idea to put the twizzles early and slow down.

H/B :yawn:, same stuff

S/D I am not convinced with this program, the last part is good. And she should change the dress, the black bra :unsure:

M/R OMG!!! what a beauty of program, seriously their programs are my favorites of the season so far :love: :love: :love:, who is the choreographer? Massimo? Marina?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:love::love::dbana::dbana:

They've transformed OTT schlocky (which I loved) into totally cool and sexy without taking out the romance.

H/D are my fave US team, and their skating looks better than ever. The choreography is wonderful and innovative. I'm surprised to see a FD looking this crisp and fantastic this early on in the season. Excellent costuming as well. This feels like their time to move up to US #2 or #1, but I doubt USFS will take that gamble during an Olympic year.

International judges might not care though, as we saw at Worlds. They seem to see the top three US teams as pretty much even.

I didn't comment as it was happening because I was also cooking, but this was a good event. Not the best showing by Smart/Diaz overall what with that lift issue in the SD, but I like their programs. Actually so far I like most of the Montreal programs, between Soucisse/Firus, Fournier Beaudry/Sorenson and especially Hubbell/Donohue. I really love this free from them.

M/R and H/B were lovely too.