2017 GP Cup of China Short Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Short Dance

apple123

On the Ice
Anyasnake said she danced to it in Spain. You replied "You have an impossible imagination. I'll give you that. I seriously doubt people dance to these songs "on the beach in Spain". I then posted a factual response that supported Anyasnake and contradicted your statement. That's where the logic in my argument is.
My whole point is dancing to it in Spain doesn't make it any more Latin than it is. I think that's what she tries to push, which I disagree with.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
My whole point is dancing to it in Spain doesn't make it any more Latin than it is. I think that's what she tries to push, which I disagree with.

Yes it doesn't make it more Latin. I was refering more of the lightness of the SD, fun factor, in comparaison with Tessa&Scott powerful/ballroom style. I was absolutely not trying to push it towards a Latin style.
I think it's just a bit of a misunderstanding.

Barb

Record Breaker
I really like the sd of C/B, and Evan was selling it, often I feel like he let Madison do all the show while he only skate, but this time I think he was even better than Madison. About the dress, I understand all the comments, she can do better but it looks good in motion. And agree with VIETgrlTerifa that the music cuts were not the best.

Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO, I don´t like this team at all, 67 for that !! :disapp:

Hong Chen / Yan Zhao After see all the programs with Despacito, I think they had the most decent choreography and cuts of that song, it is a shame that her technical level is not great.

P/C, okay, I got to the point where I do not care if the judges want to give them the maximum score in twizzles :rolleye:, but if they deserve it, then Maia and Alex deserve the maximum score too, no doubt.

And what with all the green costumes at this competition? :eek: :biggrin:

peepsquick

Final Flight
Yeah, right. When you can't do things properly, just say we are doing it a new way. That's a perfect excuse. Now it's not cheap and cheesy any more. It's the modified Latin authorized by true artists.

So much resentment, apple123! So much nonsense ...

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You might be blind then. Lots of Latin movement throughout the SD.

Lots of hip action, quick quick slow rhythm, and continuity of flowing movement connecting the steps.

icetigger

On the Ice

She already clarified that point.........

It might be useful for you to research in to the history of the sport, and just how British the origins of ice dance are. The set pattern for the Rhumba was created by Walter Gregory, for example, and was first performed in Cornwall Britain of all places. Complaining about the authenticity of a latin ice dance because the music is a British translation of that music and its rhythms seems a little nonsensical when the very sport you are watching is primarily a British translation of styles of dance and rhythms from ballroom dancing (again a primarily British codified discipline) to the ice rink.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh No!!! Well, given that their LD is the better of the two performances, I still live in hope they'll make it to the final.

LOL, a new shortening for me to learn :con3:

among with the AC/DC's and such

chameleon

On the Ice
In regards to music editing, maybe I've watched too many SDs and have been broken, but C/B's edit doesn't really bother me. I'd prefer two songs, but I'm grading on a curve here. After all the choppy edits of songs that have no relation to each other or are so edited as to be vaguely painful, I will let this go in the same way I have let go Shibs splicing together two different mambo songs for their last SD section. Both teams are still way above average for SD music this season.

P/C's SD is very good choreographically, and I think Gabi in particular really shines and is having fun. Latin covers of pop songs are very popular in the ballroom world, so this is technically an authentic music choice, and it's not their fault that I personally dislike their music.

AliAle

On the Ice
I really like the sd of C/B, and Evan was selling it, often I feel like he let Madison do all the show while he only skate, but this time I think he was even better than Madison. About the dress, I understand all the comments, she can do better but it looks good in motion. And agree with VIETgrlTerifa that the music cuts were not the best.

Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO, I don´t like this team at all, 67 for that !! :disapp:

Hong Chen / Yan Zhao After see all the programs with Despacito, I think they had the most decent choreography and cuts of that song, it is a shame that her technical level is not great.

P/C, okay, I got to the point where I do not care if the judges want to give them the maximum score in twizzles :rolleye:, but if they deserve it, then Maia and Alex deserve the maximum score too, no doubt.

And what with all the green costumes at this competition? :eek: :biggrin:

And they typically get it when the speed is there (which is not always the case). P/C were perfectly in sync, had great speed and very good ice coverage, with no balance issues, why shouldn't they get +3 :rolleye:?

waterblades

On the Ice
Camera work at Skate Canada was great, and I even think that the person in charge of it for the FD might have watched V/M program beforehand because that was one of the best camera work I've ever seen. It just fitted perfectly with the music and the changes.

We won't obviously get someone that watched every single programs previously in Korea, but I hope we don't have something like 4CC last year (addicted to zomming in).

Typically in Canada the Camera crew are there at the skaters practices and basically practice with the camera before the live event.

icetigger

On the Ice
This twizzles did not get perfect score https://youtu.be/aREBn2rFtN4?t=135, sorry but I don´t see why P/C got perfect score and not Maia and Alex.

There are synchronisation issues on both the second and third sets. I wouldn't give them above a plus 2. The first set has a synchronisation issue that is tiny enough for me to ignore, but the second and third set don't.

There were also similar issues on the twizzles for the free dance from the second set onwards. https://youtu.be/uvgHeSlwN84?t=3m9s

(they still got a blend of threes and twos on them thought)