2017 GP Cup of China Short Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Short Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Chock and Bates costumes doesn't help in the overall presentation. So far this team and the Shibs didn't blow us away with their programs "yet". But so impressed by Hubbell and Donohue's short and long this season and can't wait to see it again.

"Us?" I think a lot of people like the Shibs' SD actually.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Synchronization? judges notice that? in FD worlds 2017 the Shibs were more sync than P/C in the twizzles, and P/C still got higher score, Shibs twizzles in 4cc fd were perfect but again they don´t get perfect score, looking to P/C scores anyone would imagine that their twizzles are out of this world . P/C twizzles are nothing spectacular, and the ice coverage of Maia and Alex is doing twizzles, not doing steps between twizzles.

Anyway, I just hope that one day Maia and Alex will be able to make perfect twizzles, the standard of perfection that are those of P/C :sarcasm: .

I also think that Madison and Evan´s lift deserved a higher score than the P / C lift, but of course it was the other way around.

The judges have used GOE to get the overall result they want rather than completely judging the element on its own if they can get away with it. It's been that way since the inception of IJS.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Oh, it's true, it's all true -- I was there, I was seated behind the judges, I heard them! :cry: They said P/C had juniorish twizzles, but that they would give them straight +3 GOEs in order to spite the Shibutanis, who always have the best twizzles of all time! I don't think they're qualified to judge ice dance... I heard one of them joke that they had never even SEEN Moulin Rouge :drama: I followed them after the competition and saw them go into a shop where they each bought several Ed Sheeran CDs. One of them got into a fight with an employee because they said it wasn't latin music!

Oh, the humanity... :sad46:

rain

Record Breaker
Sorry, but I am really not a fan of P/C's SD. The elements are superb, but the vibe of the dance just isn't right for me. Maybe it's because of the Ed Sheeran medley not always being in character of the dance (especially the Thinking Out Loud part), and the weird cut to Shape of You at the end (it's like they needed to add more seconds just to make time).

Second time seeing this SD and while it has improved a lot since the last outing, I agree with you about the slow piece in the middle — really not latin in the slightest and the cut back to Shape of You is very jarring.

Agree with everyone here who's already talked about the problems with Madison Chock's costume. A change is in order ASAP. The swinging tails front and back are too loincloth-ish. I was surprised at how slow they looked here. But I like the choreography and the music.

So far, the message is clear, Olympic gold and silver are pretty much clear at this point, the battle will be for bronze.

100 per cent agree. There are a lot of teams hovering around that third place mark. I'll be interested to see if the situation becomes more clear before the Olympics.

nimi

Medalist
P/C twizzles are nothing spectacular, and the ice coverage of Maia and Alex is doing twizzles, not doing steps between twizzles.
Have you ever seen them live? I'm asking because I was really impressed by P/C's twizzles seeing them skate live, esp. at this year's Finlandia Trophy. And judging by the audience reaction both in SD and in FD, I wasn't the only one who was impressed... The speed, fluidity, synchronization and ice coverage were just WOW and my feeling was they deserved every +3GOE they got there.

Watching their twizzles from yesterday on my computer screen, it's hard to tell exactly whether the speed and ice coverage were similar to FT but it looks like they cover about the half of the rink length, so criticizing the ice coverage seems a bit... weird. Also rewatching the twizzles, the synchronization was actually very good. Not absolutely perfect, but if you're saying they were not in sync as a whole... Really ?

I've seen Shibs live only once (Worlds 2017 SD) but my impression was that they & their twizzles actually come across better on TV than live because they don't quite have the speed & ice coverage that some other top teams have. However, their consistency, matching bodylines and synchronization are great so they totally deserve their high twizzle GOEs and reputation as twizzle experts. I just don't think their twizzles are absolutely the bestest and the one and only gold standard while P/C's twizzles are "nothing spectacular" in comparison. :shrug:

danceme

Rinkside
Country
Commonwealth
Easy the Caller called level 4 the TS Or TC called a review ...when they went to check the steps ,
they found the caller to be wrong and awarded the correct level by majority

Mattieu

Medalist
Oh, it's true, it's all true -- I was there, I was seated behind the judges, I heard them! :cry: They said P/C had juniorish twizzles, but that they would give them straight +3 GOEs in order to spite the Shibutanis, who always have the best twizzles of all time! I don't think they're qualified to judge ice dance... I heard one of them joke that they had never even SEEN Moulin Rouge :drama: I followed them after the competition and saw them go into a shop where they each bought several Ed Sheeran CDs. One of them got into a fight with an employee because they said it wasn't latin music!

Interesting as it was not possible to sit behind the judges at this event!

asunta

Rinkside

Really hilarious mockingstory :laugh2:

legjumper

Rinkside
So I can tell that I get up in the middle of the night for skating often enough because my cat is no longer confused when I wake up at 3:30. Now she follows me right out to the chair and keeps snuggling resolutely. :laugh:

Also, is it ZaGorski or ZaHorski? I thought the latter but ISU bio has the former and Wikipedia has the later.:scratch2:

Her name in English is Zahorski, but transliterated into Russian is Загорски, which, transliterated back into English is Zagorski. So that's why you see the two different spellings.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Her name in English is Zahorski, but transliterated into Russian is Загорски, which, transliterated back into English is Zagorski. So that's why you see the two different spellings.

The ISU is now spelling Tiffany as Tiffani. She was born in London, UK, so I think her name should be written as it always has - Tiffany Zahorski. Certainly when she said hi to her "Mum" in the K&C she still sounded like a Londoner. :)

legjumper

Rinkside
The ISU is now spelling Tiffany as Tiffani. She was born in London, UK, so I think her name should be written as it always has - Tiffany Zahorski. Certainly when she said hi to her "Mum" in the K&C she still sounded like a Londoner. :)
Same issue with the spelling of Tiffany - the Russian transliteration Тиффани transliterated back into English is Tiffani. :)

Tiffany herself used the hashtag #zagorskiguerreiro on a recent Instagram post, so it seems she is comfortable with either spelling of her name.

Matt K

On the Ice

The Shibutanis do not have the "best twizzles of all time"...! These judges should be reported and fired. No wonder the Sochi result happened with such incompetent fools on the panels.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
The Shibutanis do not have the "best twizzles of all time"...! These judges should be reported and fired. No wonder the Sochi result happened with such incompetent fools on the panels.

I believe Roast Toast is being sarcastic.