2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP

QuadThrow

Medalist
The technical panel was incredible harsh with the level for the steps and pair spin.... Do not know what to think about that.:scratch2:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, the crowd isn't animated right now mainly because it's a Friday. The seats will be more packed on Saturday and Sunday.

Black Friday, at that. Everyone’s probably in bed already after lining up at 1AM outside Best Buy in the wee hours of this morning. :laugh:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Maybe the audio on the arena is not picking it up. It seems very quiet to us.

Hmm... for me at least, the IN commentators are VERY loud in the audio mix, so it was harder to hear the music, let alone the audience.

auser

Record Breaker
Thoughts on the Olympic Channel via YouTube TV:

Johnny and Tara talking too much :disagree: :noshake:
Excellent quality and live figure skating :yahoo:
Thank you so much GGFan :thank:. That is great news about the quality :cool:. I forgot about Johnny and Tara :laugh:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I have always liked Zhang. Why are they sticking him with Swan Lake? I love his strength and grit. Surely they could find music worthy of him.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The technical panel was incredible harsh with the level for the steps and pair spin.... Do not know what to think about that.:scratch2:

but was it fair? Harsh is fine if everyone is judged by the same yardstick. The problem is really only if it's not fairly applied.

OOOOHHHH... new conspiracy time.. Harsh panel to keep the score of Y/Z down so even if they get the bronze they will lose on points to the French? *wearing my tin hat*

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hmmm, Siri is telling me it’s a 6.5 hour drive from my house to Lake Placid... I have no plans tomorrow, I should try to con my man-friend into going on a last minute road trip. :devil:

I’m a synchro person, after all, and synchro people are the epitome of a polite, muted audience’s worst nightmare. Air horns and cowbells and cheerleader style cheers ought to liven the place up!

diane044

Rinkside
I was a little disappointed--I think it was partly the muted crowd. I always cheer for the Canadians (and any exceptional teams like James & Cipres, Savchenko & Massot, Sui & Han, etc) but I didn't think Duhamel & Radford had any flow tonight. Perhaps it was just me. I'll have to watch their program again.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Yeah
It;s harsh but for everyone. I'm okay with that cause every pair deserve this same treatment. And they were treated that way here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Black Friday, at that. Everyone’s probably in bed already after lining up at 1AM outside Best Buy in the wee hours of this morning. :laugh:

No excuse! Best Buy is open on Thanksgiving evening at like 5 p.m. No lining up at 1 a.m. required.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there some disconnect between audio and real life? People are definitely cheering... it's not the excitement level of worlds but people are definitely applauding and cheering. I've been cheering and so have lots and lots of other people.

People said the audience wasn't cheering and clapping at SC either. They were! Pretty sure they mute the audience. For Lombardia we could see the audience clapping in time to the music and heard nothing.

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
I was a little disappointed--I think it was partly the muted crowd. I always cheer for the Canadians (and any exceptional teams like James & Cipres, Savchenko & Massot, Sui & Han, etc) but I didn't think Duhamel & Radford had any flow tonight. Perhaps it was just me. I'll have watch their program again.

Not just you! I remember thinking that the throw was not as impressive (not a lot of height)...Like Knierim's? :scratch2:

Kutien

Final Flight
1Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN75.371video
2Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN73.672video
3Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER72.553video
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS70.154video
5Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA64.275video
6Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA63.046video
7Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN59.977video
8Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA57.188video

QuadThrow

Medalist
but was it fair? Harsh is fine if everyone is judged by the same yardstick. The problem is really only if it's not fairly applied.

OOOOHHHH... new conspiracy time.. Harsh panel to keep the score of Y/Z down so even if they get the bronze they will lose on points to the French? *wearing my tin hat*

NHK-judges were throwing points around like rubbish. But Today the levels were not given.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Only here did I even read anything about a subdued audience. I didn't even notice it watching on IN. I think the audio is a bit muted on IN, but it's not out of the ordinary. I mean it's not Barcelona at the GPF level, but it's not like NHK and Japanese audiences in the 90s to mid-2000s either.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Seriously? D/R are to blame for the crowd now?

Absolutely not. A lot of people on here criticize attitude of Hanyu fans, Osmond fans, and no one, including you, protests that it is actually an attack on the skaters themselves. So that's a weird point to be making.

Uh, they didn't exactly get a ton of cheers themselves for their skate either.

Ah my bad. It sounded like they got quite the cheer on my feed.

Oy veh.

:roll5:

Eh. This is a forum and it wasn't exactly the most serious post I ever made

Alba

Record Breaker
NHK-judges were throwing points around like rubbish. But Today the levels were not given.

What do you mean? SA is the first time the top 4 pairs got more than 70 points in the short, during a qualifying stage of GP.