2017 GP Skate Canada Pairs FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Pairs FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
I've been saying since the end of last season that I think the Russians are going to really, really push us for the Gold. I can see them winning and if they skate better than us I'm good with it. I'd really like Canada to win but we have to earn it.

I just had a vision of the future where I was forced to watch the Candyman program twice during the Olympics. Have mercy! :bang:

frida80

Record Breaker
I don't think Patrick will popcorn all season... first event for him... he did popcorn last year in Finlandia...just a bit less than tonight.... He had a weird mindset going into this, and had his flight delayed, arrived late, has new boots, his costumes were not there... he couldn't do quads in practice as he felt he had no power... etc...

It could be fatgue, stress,pressure, anything... the fact that he knew it was his last ever skate canada ... etc... and I am certainly not trying to find excuses for him...

BUT.. .i don't think we can assume that tonight = the rest of the season... and... D/R compensated here for Patrick... so I'd say the Team event is not a piece of cake but it's also not game over

that does put things into perspective. Thanks. I hope that’s all it is. Because he was talking about withdrawing from NHK....:(

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I just had a vision of the future where I was forced to watch the Candyman program twice during the Olympics. Have mercy! :bang:

I figure those savvy Russians will put whichever team they think will most clearly contend for gold in the pairs event to skate the short and the other team to skate the long. I figure T/M will skate the short if this season continues as it started. I guess we will see how S/K fair in the grand prix and at Russian Nationals.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That does not sound appetizing at all. And I like cayenne-cherry in chocolates.

Apparently (and I don't promise this is true but it's what I read) buffalo wing sauce has a maple undertone. They are aiming to make the latte taste like the sauce not like chicken wings with sauce.

But I concur... icky.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Just rewatched D/R's LP. Such a great debut for them - I think its fair to say that with this LP performance, they've got their mojo back! Now, the Muse needs polishing up - I say fly in John Kerr and get him to touch it up. I am assuming that John was the one responsible for their With or Without You SP? If so, he did wonders with their line and sophistication - I'm just itching to see how he can help revamp Muse 2.0.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The range on D/R's twist goes from -2 to +3, every individual mark inbetween included. What on earth??? Is this the most varied GOE spread ever for an element?? How can two judges possibly see the same element as either -2 or +3, it makes no sense whatsoever.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The range on D/R's twist goes from -2 to +3, every individual mark inbetween included. What on earth??? Is this the most varied GOE spread ever for an element?? How can two judges possibly see the same element as either -2 or +3, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Where do you see it? I thought 0 to plus 1 when I saw it. Eric was a little rough on the catch.

pearly

Record Breaker
Looking at the score sheet - what does the V stand for in spins (CCoSp2V and PCoSp2V)?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where do you see it? I thought 0 to plus 1 when I saw it. Eric was a little rough on the catch.

If we’re talking the 3Tw3 Looks like every mark except for -3 gets awarded. It is strange...kinda of worth a lol seeing the judges being so confounded.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just rewatched D/R's LP. Such a great debut for them - I think its fair to say that with this LP performance, they've got their mojo back! Now, the Muse needs polishing up - I say fly in John Kerr and get him to touch it up. I am assuming that John was the one responsible for their With or Without You SP? If so, he did wonders with their line and sophistication - I'm just itching to see how he can help revamp Muse 2.0.

well this is interesting... at ACI they did perform muse 2.0... and it was a disaster.... so they took muse 1.0 and now it's muse 1.1

what i like about this version : they have removed the in between the legs lift dismount... i know it was a signature move but i was tired of seeing it ;) i much prefer the last lift....

i think the program will evolve further but for the short amount of time they had to go from muse 2.0 to muse 1.1, i think they were great.... meagan really was on fire... she jumped for real and had delayed rotation on her lutz... she was probably eager to put the double lutz of the SP behind her..

i loved her huge smile throughout the program. gosh it's nice to see that at 32, she is still out there, loving her sport and giving all she has to it.

Eric was beautiful to watch again tonight. I love his smooth presence.

I think this muse will evolve... they are better skater than they were 2 years ago, and the sp shows that... perhaps they will work on some of the set ups for throws.. but i don't even mind them... i prefer a very slow and careful set up on the quad but have it landed properly

gold12345

Medalist

Yeah that's a little crazy. The results today are absolutely correct, but it's interesting to see how the judges do not seem to know what to with some of D/R's elements.

Twist ranges from -2 to +3
3Lz ranges from -2 to +1
3S+2T+2T ranges from -1 to +2

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looking at the score sheet - what does the V stand for in spins (CCoSp2V and PCoSp2V)?

requirement not met.... (not enough rotation most of the times i think, or not enough position when it has to have multiple position)... so the V brings the spin level to basic value

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If we’re talking the 3Tw3 Looks like every mark except for -3 gets awarded. It is strange...kinda of worth a lol seeing the judges being so confounded.

could be the angle though... if a judge sees the tight catch or not? or something like that... or of course, we could do like everyone does and check the nationality of each judge... and how they have marked the other skaters in comparison... :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
requirement not met.... (not enough rotation most of the times i think, or not enough position when it has to have multiple position)... so the V brings the spin level to basic value

:dance2: It’s like military codes that require a degree to decipher :dance2:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
could be the angle though... if a judge sees the tight catch or not? or something like that... or of course, we could do like everyone does and check the nationality of each judge... and how they have marked the other skaters in comparison... :)

I’ll still never understand the obsessions over nationality. Especially in this day and age. Oh well...to each their own right.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, no grief directed towards me, please.

Not a pairs fan, so straight up:

Is there anything in this competition worth watching on video?

I'm only interested in something really great. So, if there's nothing, I appreciate the honesty.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OK, no grief directed towards me, please.

Not a pairs fan, so straight up:

Is there anything in this competition worth watching on video?

I'm only interested in something really great. So, if there's nothing, I appreciate the honesty.

the top 3