2017 GP Skate Canada Pairs FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Pairs FS

frida80

Record Breaker
I'm not disagreeing with anyone's placement. I'm just praying J/C make it to the final! They bring something fresh that's worthy of the GP final

Their next GP is in France. They normally do well there.

GGFan

Record Breaker
That describes A LOT of the programs that Aliona has had from her partnership with Robin right to this one :confused2:

Robin was just better at pulling it off so even if the program was out there you could buy it.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
D/R deserved the win with all the great technical stuff, but the PCS shouldn't be that close.

Skate Canada, you were terrible but you could have been worse. Maybe CoC will surprise us and not be a mess for once?

QuadThrow

Medalist
Bruno face at the end said it all.

The length on their 2ATh is absolutly incredible. I do not know why one more rotation is so difficult.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Really impressed with James/Cipres performance at this event! I loved their programs last year and I'm glad they're still keeping them contemporary and unique. I'm glad they medaled and I really hope they make the final. In an interview, they said it was one of their goals of the season!

whatif

Medalist
Sui better be drilling those 3sals 'cause that's all she needs to worry about at this point.

Sight unseen, I would say S/H are the favourites. But after these two GP events, I am suddenly not discounting neither T/M nor S/K for a possible upset based on the scoring potential. S/K still have the highest FS among the current crop, they do have few tricks to pull the TES up and they can get the highest PCS when they are on. Their weakness is the twist. T/M have huge GOE potential and also few tricks and what we saw at Rostelecom could have beaten both S/M and D/R here.

At this point, I would struggle to predict the Olympic gold winner yet.

pearly

Record Breaker
The 3 point drop in S/M tech score must have been that level 2 spin. Good to see them get the highest PCS of the event. Well, GPF is still very possible. I like this program, although the idea to bring back Lighthouse for the Olympics is not half bad.

While S/M are my favorite pair, I was so happy to finally see D/R skate well.

bixby

Final Flight
Haven & Brandon came in second again; second from the bottom just like Marissa & Marvin. Consistent!

QuadThrow

Medalist
D/R really found the momentum today.

S/M's GOE is incredible high except of the single jumps. Rightly so.

There is just nothing to complain about concerning judging today.

whatif

Medalist
D/R really found the momentum today.

S/M's GOE is incredible high except of the single jumps. Rightly so.

There is just nothing to complain about concerning judging today.

I still perhaps would given higher placement for J/C yesterday, which would have helped them to edge out S/M for 2nd place overall. But yes, this was fair play for once. No complaints from me.

Kutien

Final Flight
1080 Telesport HD RUS Lipnitskaya + Pitkeev
1Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN222.2221video
2Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER215.6613video
3Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA214.3732video
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS192.7044video
5Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN182.5075video
6Liubov ILYUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN176.3556video
7Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA172.9567video
8Sydney KOLODZIEJ / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN164.0388video