2017 Internationaux de France Short Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 Internationaux de France Short Dance

glorybox6

Final Flight
Huh, I just realized that with W/P's score here there's likely to be four teams who wind up tied in the GP standings with a 2nd and 3rd: H/D and B/S (already tied but H/D win the total score tiebreak) and then W/P and probably C/L (if they are 2nd at SA).

Only two of those teams will make the GPF, joining V/M (already in) and P/C, Shibs and C/B (near-locks).

berry8

Final Flight
Papadakis / Cizeron

Love that the pattern filled out the rink, almost so much that it got too close to the boards. Most of their elements this time around I felt were more in the +2 area. Just a little off here and there, particularly the exit of the second set of twizzles. I really felt their expression and snap and flex. I think that they could still have a better Latin connection with each other - it's more of a friendly relationship than a sizzling one. The judges are still setting them up as being in second place in the short dance to Virtue/Moire but leaders in the free.

Yeah, I guess the same... In the Short V/M have an edge over P/C because of the bold/sassy Tessa-Scott connection...

Purv

Match Penalty
Yeah, I guess the same... In the Short V/M have an edge over P/C because of the bold/sassy Tessa-Scott connection...

I find it good that their chemistry is not over the top like V/t. Too much overacting

Roast Toast

Medalist
Wait, never mind -- P/C get the level 4 NtMiSt, but drop to level 3 for the the PSt :eek: That means they have achieved level 4 independently for all their elements, and they need to put them all together in one performance. Also deservedly dropped some GOEs on the twizzles, Guillaume was definitely slightly out of sync on the exit of the second twizzle. PCS virtually the same as in CoC.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Errrh, it wasn't a compliment.:slink: It's the major problem I have with most of P/C's dances.
Oh, I see. I thought you were referring to the lack of substance in the music.

But as a general critique of them, it does not compute in my head. [emoji23] I guess we see things very differently. For me, their performances are always full of emotion, interesting ideas, and head to toe expression.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
W/P are really their own worst enemies. They could've been a solid 2nd here and on their way to the GPF. How does a seasoned team like them make such armature mistakes? They'll miss the final group here and it will reflect on their marks. Kaitlyn is probably in some bathroom stall crying her eyes out. Good luck in the free.

humbaba

Final Flight
What part is Latin on Madison's dress...I only feel Amazon...

With her hairdo and dress, she looks like a exotic bird lives in Amazon..?

Madi and Evan's SD is in the AfroCaribbean style of Latin. Aguanile is a version of a very popular folk song in the Caribbean. It's especially associated with Puerto Rico. So if you think Madison looks like an exotic jungle bird in her SD costume, she hit the target.

A little info about Aguanile. Marc Anthony's version is great, but by all means give a listen to the version by the incomparable Hector Lavoe.

http://sansespiritismo.blogspot.com/2012/09/aguanile.html

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
W/P are really their own worst enemies. They could've been a solid 2nd here and on their way to the GPF. How does a seasoned team like them make such armature mistakes? They'll miss the final group here and it will reflect on their marks. Kaitlyn is probably in some bathroom stall crying her eyes out. Good luck in the free.

You are absolutely right on this. By calculation they would have been second. What is heartbreaking is what you said about Kaitlyn because she is the nicest one out there always cheering on everyone, that is just so sad. Redemption for them tomorrow, they have a lot of fan in the arena. Actually They have a lot of fan everywhere fortunately.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
P/C's SD is really growing on me! Not that I didn't like it before, but in the inevitable mental comparison with V/M's short, I liked V/M's better. Now I think I'm seeing more nuance in P/C's program.

I liked C/B here, too, alligator/dragon/lizard parade float dress and all.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA81.401video
2Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA73.552video
3Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS70.023video
4Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA69.734video
5Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN68.945video
6Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT USA60.646
7Alla LOBODA / Pavel DROZD RUS60.437video
8Angelique ABACHKINA / Louis THAURON FRA59.818
9Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL58.589
10Lorenza ALESSANDRINI / Pierre SOUQUET FRA54.0710

keasus

On the Ice
Oh, I see. I thought you were referring to the lack of substance in the music.

But as a general critique of them, it does not compute in my head. [emoji23] I guess we see things very differently. For me, their performances are always full of emotion, interesting ideas, and head to toe expression.

I hear you, kevinVchicago. Two people can watch the same performance and have completely different reactions. It reminds me of a quote about Oksana Baiul when she was in her prime. One commentator said she so completely envelopes you with mood she sets that you forget to look at her feet. But I agree P/C are lovely to look at.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I hear you, kevinVchicago. Two people can watch the same performance and have completely different reactions. It reminds me of a quote about Oksana Baiul when she was in her prime. One commentator said she so completely envelopes you with mood she sets that you forget to look at her feet. But I agree P/C are lovely to look at.
Cheers to that [emoji106]

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Senft (Judge No. 8, CAN) must've been pissed with WeaPo if that 0.25 (yes, zero point two five) she gave them in interpretation is any indication. :laugh: