2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Free Dance

Barb

Record Breaker
saw your edit : the thing with the lift is that i didn't see michael's feet... the zoom was on her... maybe he did wobble but kept rotating well enough

He is rotating but doing little pauses, though the criteria are the same for senior and junior, maybe the judges are not so exigent with juniors. I guess if they had gotten a level 2 or 3, everyone would have thought it was correctly marked.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
He is rotating but doing little pauses, though the criteria are the same for senior and junior, maybe the judges are not so exigent with juniors. I guess if they had gotten a level 2 or 3, everyone would have thought it was correctly marked.

different judges/tech panel... so many possibilities, including the one that the tech panel decided that it was level 4. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
God, I said I wasn't going to get sucked into juniors, and yet... here I am. I only watched the medalists.

The Parsons were the best team. I agree the lift was wonky.

However, the star for me was the Russian boy. Very dramatic. Maybe it's the hair.

I thought McNamara and Carpenter were supposed to be the greatest thing ever. Did they underperform, or were they dumped?

Barb

Record Breaker
God, I said I wasn't going to get sucked into juniors, and yet... here I am. I only watched the medalists.

However, the star for me was the Russian boy. Very dramatic. Maybe it's the hair.

I thought McNamara and Carpenter were supposed to be the greatest thing ever. Did they underperform, or were they dumped?

Underperform :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For me Michael slowed down but he manage to keep rotating.

that's what i saw too but we don't really see the feet... and then all i ended up looking at is when she was trying to find her groove and was pretty much poking his eyes with her fingers due to the effect of the small wobbles lol... i have no idea how they managed this without major trouble...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
that's what i saw too but we don't really see the feet... and then all i ended up looking at is when she was trying to find her groove and was pretty much poking his eyes with her fingers due to the effect of the small wobbles lol... i have no idea how they managed this without major trouble...

It's a huge credit to their training. It seems they figured out how to make it work. I actually admire them for not letting it go completely, cause they could have.

Barb

Record Breaker

The complete picture about that lift is really funny, I can't help to laugh each time I see it. They looked like ¨We will not miss that gold medal!!¨:laugh:
And Michael looked like this https://youtu.be/dCYZO1yD1iI?t=1198

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The complete picture about that lift is really funny, I can't help to laugh each time I see it. They looked like ¨We will not miss that gold medal!!¨:laugh:

Now that was what was cool about it. It was like a hell, no. Not now.

bramweld

Record Breaker

If Pavel just had a stronger partner, Russia would have won this and would probably be in the runnings for serious senior competitions next season. He is strong both technically and artistically, so much passion and precision and he makes everything look easy. Sigh.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Pavel just had a stronger partner, Russia would have won this and would probably be in the runnings for serious senior competitions next season. He is strong both technically and artistically, so much passion and precision and he makes everything look easy. Sigh.

Well, he certainly has a lot of dramatic flair. The eye is drawn to him. I hardly remember his partner.

Edit: How old is he? Are they definitely headed to senior? I will look for him.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well, he certainly has a lot of dramatic flair. The eye is drawn to him. I hardly remember his partner.

Pavel turned 21 on December 14th, so he has to go Senior next year. Alla turned 18 on December 10th so she still has another Junior-eligible year, if they split for some reason. Assuming they stay together, they'd have to go Senior

Mattieu

Medalist

He's already 21, so they don't have a choice.

Marta25

Medalist

Drozd is 21, so they definitely have to move up.

Edit: Lol, Mattieu was faster.

I believe that from the top 10 at World Juniors following teams have to move up:
Parsons
Loboda/Drozd
Mcnamara/Carpenter
Abachkina/Thauron
Kuzmichova/Sinicyn
Schwendinger/Wunderlich

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker

Now he will be in a career crippling partnership like Bukin is.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Finally finished this

2018 World Junior Championships: Ice Dance

2017 Ice Dance results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/wjc2017/CAT004RS.HTM

3 Spots

USA (1 + 3 = 4)
Russia (2 + 4 = 6)

2 Spots

Canada (6 + 14 = 20)
France (8 + 11 = 19)
Czech Republic (9, only team) - up from 1 team
Germany (10, only team) - up from 1 team

2017-2018 Junior Grand Prix: Ice Dance

A: 2 Entries in 7 Events - Top 3 highest placing countries

(1) USA
(2) Russia
(3) Canada

B: 1 Entry in 7 Events - Countries 4th-6th, eligible for any unused spots from A, B, or C to add a second skater to an event

(4) France
(5) Czech Republic
(6) Germany

C: 1 Entry in 6 Events - Countries 7th - 10th

(7) Ukraine
(8) Japan
(9) Great Britain
(10) Belarus

1 Entry in 5 Events - Countries qualifying for FD, 11th and lower

Lithuania, Georgia, Finland, Hungary

1 Entry in 4 Events - Countries with teams placing 21th-25th in the SD

Estonia, Kazakhstan, China, Italy, Australia

1 Entry in 3 Events - Countries with teams placing 26th or lower in the SD

Israel, Spain, Austria, Poland, Hong Kong, Bulgaria

All other countries wishing to send Ice Dance teams to the JGP can send 1 entry to each of 2 events.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Alla is not so terrible like Alexandra.

As of Right now but I don't know what she's going to be like in seniors. She could become worse than stepanova. Based on precedent there will be major regression. Hopefully they move to US or Canada.

Barb

Record Breaker
Well then with the right backing they could go very far indeed, like top 10 at WC.

well, everyone speak wonders about Ruslena and especially Elena and they are not even in the top 10, so a top 10 does not sound so bad after all.