2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This Russian team, which I confess I'm not very familiar with, has some very interesting lifts.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's very disconcerting to watch from this high in the stands on a camera... hm. Anyway, yes, they do have some interesting lifts and spins.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Carmen.

Of course.

Well the broke the 100 barrier. I'll be curious to see how they'll score in an A-level event.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I want Betina and Sergey to change a bit their curve lift, but the others are pretty. And it seems like they are gelling together now.

Andrea82

Medalist
Based on what we have seen this week and last week, Min/Gamelin are indeed looking ok to qualify next week.

They aren't a sure thing to qualify for FD in Pyeongchang though. It will be likely be close one way or the other.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
The Carmen works for them. They should be going to Rostelecom. Sending Evdokimova & Bazin is just silly.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I really have grown to love the Parsons, but the second part of that dance is dangerously close to a Duschenay Homage.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Interesting dance from Parsons. It lacks something for me, I don't know what exactly. Has potential, and they have potential for 2022 too.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't know howI feel about this FD. It's different. I don't like half the lifts, though. Straight line is fine, rotational and curve lift don't look that pretty, IMO.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yeah, come on, my babes! I sooo hope Katia & Dima get the Olympic vibes soon :hap85:

nimi

Medalist
As far US sibling teams doing this theme goes, I might grow into liking the Parsons' version more than ShibSibs (never got into that) if they just clean this up etc

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think the Parsons' lifts were not designed to look great from this angle. They looked a little rough/awkward today.

Ending twizzles/footwork were great.

Barb

Record Breaker
Noo, I don't find that these 3 teams have the same style at all:
B/S are on the same route, but on their route as last year, story-telling, abstract programs.
S/K are on a dramatic, very traditional Russian style
and P/C I didn't see them but if they'll continue their traditional route would be minimalist, emotional skating with a focus on flow and easiness of the movements.
So, three different routes.

Dramatic? and Gabriella was not being dramatic in their last FD?

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Parsons lost this segment to the second Russian team, and pretty handily. Still will walk away with a silver, which is a very fine result.

I wonder if they lost levels somewhere? Will be interesting to see protocols.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I totally loved it!!! The story, the flow of their dance... the lot! :luv17:
Road to Pyeongchang? Oh yes, indeed!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
That straight line lift was an accident waiting to happen - but they have experience to deal with this, haha.

Good enough to win easily.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Ekaterina's dress has won its place in my favorite skating dresses hall of fame...

also a very enjoyable program :hap10: