2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Ice Dance FD

Mattieu

Medalist
Super happy for both our dance pairs but ugh even more mad that PM are left without they're rightful place @ COR:bang::angry1:
They made Carmen look great!

Yes, but look who is on the judging panel before saying PM are so great. I think they got a helping hand, just saying ....

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yes, but look who is on the judging panel before saying PM are so great. I think they got a helping hand, just saying ....

Well, it was the same panel in SD. :confused2: They have a decent dance and skated really good. I think they deservedly won FD over Parsons. But still there's a ton of work for them to do. Gelling only started.

LadyB

Record Breaker
And Top 5 is almost guaranteed.

I like to think so, but it's not gonna be easy. Well, I shall stay positive. The little bits and pieces that weren't yet working they'll fix, they've got enough time to do so. :party2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well, it was the same panel in SD. :confused2: They have a decent dance and skated really good. I think they deservedly won FD over Parsons. But still there's a ton of work for them to do. Gelling only started.

Yes and they have bucketloads of potential. And yes, it's a good Carmen. It's just so...expected. You know Popova has been aching to play Carmen.

I'll give them credit for an unusual cut of the score.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yes and they have bucketloads of potential. And yes, it's a good Carmen. It's just so...expected. You know Popova has been aching to play Carmen.

I'll give them credit for an unusual cut of the score.

I think Popova hold her usual... let's call it 'enthusiasm'... mostly in check today. At least she didn't look like looney bin client through most of the dance. I wonder if someone has worked with her mimics?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think Popova hold her usual... let's call it 'enthusiasm'... mostly in check today. At least she didn't look like looney bin client through most of the dance. I wonder if someone has worked with her mimics?

Yes, she's toned down the silent film theatrics to an admirable degree. They are well matched--in some ways a better match for each than their previous pairings.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Min & Gamelin tied with Bobrova & Soloviev for the highest base value/levels today. I'd say that bodes very well for M&G.

The "Subtlety Police" mode doesn't look good on either of you.

If you've got it, flaunt it, IMO. Betina & Lorraine are still standing, while a whole lot of more generic female ice dance performers have fallen by the wayside. These two can tell a story with the best of them.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, well, well. I see them on podium, to be honest. And top 5 is almost guaranteed. We'll see, I guess. :)

5th place wouldn't mean success but disastrous failure and would make them most unsuccessful Russian number ones ever. All because they wouldn't switch to dubreil or krylova or spiliband