2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks. So would this be like a 3 day meeting where the draws and invites are decided by the hosts of the 6 Grand Prixes? I remember in the past, there would be an announcement posted on the ISU page with the PDF. Are they perhaps holding a press conference now to announce the entries, in addition to publishing the PDF?

No, because the meeting isn't until JUNE 26-28. We are still in MAY.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
No, because the meeting isn't until JUNE 26-28. We are still in MAY.

Sorry, the wording of my second question was confusing (yes I knew it's in 1 month exactly, as the tweet said). I should of asked: are they perhaps thinking now of holding a press conference this time to announce the entries, in addition to publishing the PDF?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sorry, the wording of my second question was confusing (yes I knew it's in 1 month exactly, as the tweet said). I should of asked: are they perhaps thinking now of holding a press conference this time to announce the entries, in addition to publishing the PDF?

No need to apologize, most of us knew what you meant, and they'll probably just post the entries.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Even, I knew what you meant Bill and I barely speak English :laugh2:

It would be cool if there were a real draw happening... like in tennis or even a "drafting" event like in team sports... and if it were televised.

Of course, some tweaking would be needed but don't you think it would be cool?

Let's say the hosts pick their 3 skaters... and top seeds are already drawn in... and then, each GP host drafts (either by chance or choice) a skater... it would be so exciting for us fans...

I know i am dreaming

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
For those who saw this on instagram story, gabby posted a video on her youtube channel. I want to say new, but the account has been around since 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi2hDZwIErQ1h68_-Q6AJeA

the account can be old :) but the video is brand new and it's her first... i actually, watched my first make up tutorial video ever in its entirety ... LOL i am not sure I will ever use that knowledge acquired tonight about the fact that, having a "special eye colour just like Gabby's" i should probably go with a reddish palette for my smokey eyes.. LOL ;)

Wow.. i thought i knew a bit about make-up, for a guy... but yeah... she is a magician ;) i plan to watch her channel again but she will need to get organised and structured about what she shows... there is so much one can do with make up tutorials... or maybe not... i guess i am a fool... there are probably thousands of options to choose from heehhehe :)

go gabby! any reason is a good one to cheer for you!

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Man every day we are hearing of a new team or skater moving to Canada for training.

This makes me desire more figure skating coverage.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:eek:topic: I have a new avatar and custom title and figure all my Canadian pals are the ones to share it with b/c you'd all appreciate. ;)

Ok...back to the topic...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
so he has them all now...:hap57:

I checked our fan fest and apparently you had already noted that he'd landed all of them in practice. Oops. Well, now we have some video evidence of that 4F. It's an interesting quad, isn't it? Not many guys doing it. Chen, Zhou, and Shoma are doing it. I know for a fact Stephen's trained it. Anyone else?

@Ic3Rabbit Nice avatar and tagline! Fields of Gold was a beautiful exhibition from SOI. Standing ovation from the Toronto crowd.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
@Ic3Rabbit Nice avatar and tagline! Fields of Gold was a beautiful exhibition from SOI. Standing ovation from the Toronto crowd.

:thank:
Yes, I was in Toronto ;) and it also received standing ovations in London and Vancouver from what I know. ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I checked our fan fest and apparently you had already noted that he'd landed all of them in practice. Oops. Well, now we have some video evidence of that 4F. It's an interesting quad, isn't it? Not many guys doing it. Chen, Zhou, and Shoma are doing it. I know for a fact Stephen's trained it. Anyone else?

daisuke and chiddy

- - - Updated - - -

:thank:
Yes, I was in Toronto ;) and it also received standing ovations in London and Vancouver from what I know. ;)

in montreal too

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
:eek:topic: I have a new avatar and custom title and figure all my Canadian pals are the ones to share it with b/c you'd all appreciate. ;)

Ok...back to the topic...

@IceRabbit, check out Eva Cassidy's version of Fields of Gold, as it is one of the most requested songs here, on a local CBC music radio show.

----------------update------------

Just to add, this beautiful Washington, D.C. singer, passed away in 1996, after a courageous battle with cancer, but this and some of her other songs shot to number one in different parts of the world, posthumously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVjjcOUJLE