2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Ladies' FS

champs

Final Flight
I'm happy for Kaori with what she did on the ice and she deserves this. But in the back of my mind I wished Rika won by big margin so that it sends message to Kaori and Wakaba that this off season they really need to work on 3A to be ready for the next season.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The SP lead carried Sakamoto Kaori through, the importance of not messing up your SP is again emphasized. But Sakamoto Kaori does deserve to go on top of the podium here, no complaints. She's actually my second favorite Japanese lady so :laugh:

Again, poor Mihara Mai the potato queen. She has a bit of everything but it's just a bit short to go onto the podium.

lady_bee

Medalist
Kaori:yahoo::hap10:

I did't expect this! more than happy.
My decision not to join prediction game was justified! (I think I have a Boo-doo power to jinx:sarcasm:)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think the judges did want to give Kihara the nod but her mistake on the 3A in the short just opened the door enough for Sakamoto to step through (and Miyahara almost did as well). The final result is quite fair for me.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Weeping for Mai, 4th again :sad21: but skated as well as she possibly could. I love her forever :love:
Kaori deserves this win!

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Well, I guess it's like Forest Gump's momma used to say: "figure skating nationals is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" :laugh:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
This was worth staying up for. Oh my God. Okay, so maybe they just really didn’t want to give it to Rika and settled for Kaori when she delivered. But I’m choosing to believe she’s being rewarded for TWO solid programmes.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but Rika should have win this.
But i'm happy for Kaori too.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Congrats Kaori and congrats to all the ladies for an amazing competition!!!

Danny T

Medalist
I'm happy for Kaori with what she did on the ice and she deserves this. But in the back of my mind I wished Rika won by big margin so that it sends message to Kaori and Wakaba that this off season they really need to work on 3A to be ready for the next season.

It does send the message to them though, win or not. Kaori won by the lead of her SP here, and internationally judges only gave 70+ PCS to Rika & Satoko. Since you can't just become Satoko, 3A is the way to go

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I hope the US ladies take some inspiration from both Russian and Japanese nationals and have some clean skates at US Nationals.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Weeping for Mai, 4th again :sad21: but skated as well as she possibly could. I love her forever :love:
Kaori deserves this win!

Satoko's second 3Lz was definitely UR and Fuji TV showed it in slo-mo, but it didn't get < in protocol. I feel really sorry for Mai.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Perfect motivation for the top 3 to bring their A Game to the worlds! Let the Japan vs Russia battle commence!

P44

On the Ice
I am very happy for these results but also sad for Mai :sad46:
It's so hard because I really love everyone so no matter the results I'll always be sad for someone.

readernick

Medalist
Satoko's second 3Lz was definitely UR and Fuji TV showed it in slo-mo, but it didn't get < in protocol. I feel really sorry for Mai.
A strict panel would probably call some of Mai’s jumps too and she won’t get that PCS abroad so it is a wash. The podium is correct even if I really wanted Rika to win, the correct 3 will go to worlds.