2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 135 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I doubt she will do this layout. This layout was what she did in TOP form.

I am thinking it will be:

3flip-2t, 3loop(or 3sal, depending on her condition) 2a
Long, probably even easier considering everything.

maybe:
3flip-2t, 3lutz( IF she attempts this jump, possibly instead a second 3loop combo?) 2a, 3sal-euler-2sal, 3loop, 2a, 3t-2t-2loop.

Not in that order for the long and probably not even those combos but just an idea of her probable difficulty. I think it's possible she goes even simpler than this. Anyways, really looking forward to when those PPC drops.

I would think she'd have the lutz; it might have been her best jump.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the flip is surely far from her best jump---she was prone to doubling it even in her prime--and didn't she get edge calls on it?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think everyone here understands that injuries are unpredictable, but the Colorado camp has got to figure out how they announce these things. I think they knew she wasn't going to make it to Russia. She has been in Michigan visiting her family and traveling, to me that doesn't sound like someone training for a competition. I will wait to see the press release, but it is interesting that she doesn't mention when she thinks she will be back.

May I just put out there that stress fractures are very common in figure skating, especially at the elite levels. I know, I've had them and they haunt you, even when you think you are healed for awhile.
No one can say what Karen was doing and whether she was ready and had a setback come up (re-injury etc) other than her and her camp. This actually may have been a surprise and last minute set back. And she does go to visit family in Detroit area but usually trains while she is there or does some work with Marina Z and her camp.

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I doubt she will do this layout. This layout was what she did in TOP form.

I am thinking it will be:

3flip-2t, 3loop(or 3sal, depending on her condition) 2a
Long, probably even easier considering everything.

maybe:
3flip-2t, 3lutz( IF she attempts this jump, possibly instead a second 3loop combo?) 2a, 3sal-euler-2sal, 3loop, 2a, 3t-2t-2loop.

Not in that order for the long and probably not even those combos but just an idea of her probable difficulty. I think it's possible she goes even simpler than this. Anyways, really looking forward to when those PPC drops.

I honestly doubt we'll see much of a flip. change the 3flip to 3lutz's because she was always really good at the Lutz but had so many issues with the Flip. It was very problematic for her in the short program when she was with Frank and people on here always wondered why they didn't change it to a Loop.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I think she also has said she really likes the 2A+3T so I am somewhat expecting that one in the free... In fact I am kinda hoping for it.

Yep. I am predicting a 3lz/2t and 3 loop in sp. In free, my best guest would be a six triple program with a 2a/3t and no flip. We should have a separate predictions game for Gracie'a programs, lol.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Yeah you guys are right. I just thought maybe, since she was essentially re-learning her jumps, lutz is a difficult one. Either way I am probably way off, just trying to guess a ballpark estimate of her overall difficulty.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't care what she does. I don't care if she just comes out and skates around the ice. I don't care if she falls on every jump. As long as she is happy and wants to continue skating, I am happy. I'm such a huge fangirl, it's embarrassing.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On what day do all 3 sectionals begin? I’m sorry, I’m so excited to see who goes to senior nationals!!!

SECTIONALS - NOVEMBER 13-17, 2018

Eastern
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Triangle FSC

Midwestern
Fort Wayne ISC
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Pacific Coast
Salt Lake City, Utah
Salt Lake Figure Skating

princessalica

Final Flight
I don't care what she does. I don't care if she just comes out and skates around the ice. I don't care if she falls on every jump. As long as she is happy and wants to continue skating, I am happy. I'm such a huge fangirl, it's embarrassing.

I’m so stinking excited to see her skate. It’s been a topic of conversation at work. We’ve waited since June when it was announced she was competing. And I just looked at my Facebook memories and I had posted in 2015 that as of then she had the highest short and highest long program score of the season. So in short. Same.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I hope she’ll have all her jumps ready by Nationals so she can at least fight for the Four Continents team to at least get some better SB scores for GP assignments next year. Worlds will be hard to make since there is only 2 spots and Bradie Tennell and Mariah Bell are the heavy favorites. [emoji53]

macy

Record Breaker
SECTIONALS - NOVEMBER 13-17, 2018

Eastern
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Triangle FSC

Midwestern
Fort Wayne ISC
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Pacific Coast
Salt Lake City, Utah
Salt Lake Figure Skating

can someone link live results please?

frida80

Record Breaker
I guess I'll be going to Eastern this weekend. I'll let everyone know how the ladies look in person. Pray for my bottom, these seats are terribly hard.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mids doesn't start until the 14th (tomorrow). Even though Easterns and Pacifics are supposed to start today, I keep checking the results websites, and the start orders aren't up for either one.

Easterns are in North Carolina, where I just moved, but I am much too far from Wake Forest to go.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So, Gabriella Izzo is remaining a junior this season, and will aim for a podium placement at junior nationals?
Maybe it’s a wise choice. I know she’s 17 already, but I guess that’s ok if she and her team don’t want her to move up quite yet.

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
I was so happy to see Miss Bell skate so well. I'd also love to see her take Nats!

Me too! I think this just might be Mariah's time. What she did at NHK was surprisingly great, and if Bradie makes a mistake or two... tall order, I know, since Bradie doesn't tend to make mistakes and Mariah tends to make quite a few. But darn it, Mariah is the fabled total package. She had just flaked out so many times that I had kind of given up hope - but she really restored it at NHK.