7Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
CAN176.53

Entries

No.
Name
Nat.
Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE
RD: "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla
FD: Metallica Medley: "Fade to Black," "Nothing Else Matters," "What is Love," "Shut Up and Dance"
BUL
Molly LANAGHAN / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS
RD: Tango: "Oblivion"'performed by Orquesta del Tango de Buenos Aires, Carlos Garcia, Paul Garello; Tango: "Por Una Cabeza", from "Scent of a Woman;" performed by Itzhak Perlman, John Williams; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
FD: Bishop Briggs; choreo by Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs
CAN
Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS
RD: Tango: "Felino" by Electrocutango; Tango - Hip Hop: Tango by Electrotutango; choreo by Tango - Hip Hop: Tango by Electrotutango
FD: "Earned It" by The Weeknd; cover of the Michael Jackson song, "Dirty Diana," by Michael Jackson; covered by Weeknd; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
RD: "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by I. Shpilband (RD)
FD: “S. O.S. d'un terrien en detresse" by Lue Plamodon, Michel Berger, arranged by Maxime Rodriguez as a tribute to Denis Ten; choreo by P. Camerlengo (FD)
CAN
Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN
RD: "Triangle Tango" and "Kooza Dance" by Cirque du Soleil
FD: "I Will Wait For You"
CHN
Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU
RD: Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack
FD: "Meant" by Elizaveta
CHN
Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ
SP: Tango: "A Evaristo Carriego" performed by Orquestra Color Tango; choreo by G. Coumoyer, M. F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon
FD: "A Day in the Life" by Jeff Beck; "Something" by The Beatles; "Let It Be" by The Beatles; choreo by G. Coumoyer, M. F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon
ESP

Last edited by a moderator:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Given that ON's FD is running pretty much at the same time as this event, I won't be able to do the PBP for both. So if someone could pick up this event's PBP, that would be cool. I genuinely think most people don't appreciate dance because they're not sure what they're supposed to be looking at, so hopefully all these PBPs will help with that.

If the ON event ends before this, I'll scoot over here.

Thanks if you can help!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Given that ON's FD is running pretty much at the same time as this event, I won't be able to do the PBP for both. So if someone could pick up this event's PBP, that would be cool. I genuinely think most people don't appreciate dance because they're not sure what they're supposed to be looking at, so hopefully all these PBPs will help with that.

If the ON event ends before this, I'll scoot over here.

Thanks if you can help!

I have agreed to fill the big shoes of my fellow dance lovers WeakAnkles and DorisP and do the PBP. Please bear with me! :)

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
A tough second half for the program for Markova/Daze. A good rotational lift to start and a cool balance point in the straightline lift, but they really struggled with the transition in the middle of the combo spin and the third lift was aborted midway through. They need to work on getting speed through every step as they seem to be quite slow on the footwork.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Teodora MARKOVA / Simon DAZE BUL
43.26, 7th after the SD
black costumes
Metallica - Fade to Black, Nothing Else Matters, What is Love, Shut Up and Dance

twizzles- three sets, OK — a bit slow in parts
rotational lift
straight line step sequence — nice line
straight line lift
no-touch step sequence -
spin - that seem to go on forever….
ChTwizzles
step sequence?
curve lift- she fell out of it early
choreographic sliding sequence

I would have liked to see more power for someone skating to Metallica. It felt quite slow and labored.

(Sorry if I missed a few elements -- some of the Choreographic elements I haven't quite master identifying yet)

62.87 FD, 106.13 Total
1/1

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hong's dress is beautiful, but I think Zhuoming is dressed a bit too casually in comparison (and the colours don't really complement each other).

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Chen/Sun

I think their program started and ended well. Very interesting to start with a combo spin and the last few choreo sequences were good as well, especially the sliding movement. Sun had a slight stumble in the last set of twizzles (probably a Level 3 for him). Their one-foot sequence of steps and the footwork were alright, could have stronger edges and flow. I think they were able to match the romantic tone of the music, though there weren't a lot of moves that were done on the music in particular.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN
Hong is in Purple Dress, Zhuoming black shirt/black pants
I Will Wait for You

56.87, 5th after the SD

Spin — Nice positions by her
Choreo lift
Twizzles - with steps after fist step, three sets total — OK,
Curve (straight line?) lift into a rotational lift -
No-touch step sequences - Nice and close
Midline step -
Circular step
sliding movement
stationary lift
choreo lift

There’s a nice airy quality to their skating. They are a new team and they are coming along with gelling.

Ted Barton quips that Patrice should set up a tent in the K&C :laugh:

91.XX (missed the last two numbers) FD 147.84 Total (1/2)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Molly LANAGHAN / Dmitre RAZGULAJEVS, CAN
53.01, 6th after SD
She in maroon dress, he in blue shirt and maroon tank w/ black pants
Bishop Briggs

stationary lift - interesting spilt position from her
chores lift
midline step sequence
spin - she has really lovely arm positions
straight line spilt - she in the spilt position
no-touch step
twizzles - steps and hold in between 1st and 2nd set
he falls - but not on element
curve lift — had to recover quick and had a slow going entering it
choreo sliding movement

There were some nice choreographic moments, but again, would like a bit more power to go with the music.

85.96 FD, 138.97 Total (2/3)

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Lanaghan/Razgulajevs

Some really great moments through this program. I liked the surprise entry into the opening rotational lift with her in the split position. The opening footwork sequence had fairly good edges, though the steps could be a bit more complex. The second balance-point lift with her balancing on his leg was a little tentative but they'll get more confident with it later in the season. They had good shapes through the combo spin and nice sync through the twizzles.

The only main mishap was him doing a crossover right into the boards which resulted in a fall. But luckily they were able to recover quickly for their spread eagle choreo lift. Artistically, I wish they were able to be grittier like the song and they were able to relate to each other more, but they feel technically strong in general.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh Debbie, you all know us fans are willing to commit all sort of truancy to watch skating.

Confession, totally blew off 3 hours of work to watch skating Thursday and ended up working 10 hours yesterday to make up for it.