2018 Coupe de Printemps | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Coupe de Printemps

Plumededragon

Medalist
I really dislike Antonin’s jump technique, they are way too wild... even if the performance was correct, he could do better if he could fix this.

Rocky start for Tom, but it became much better. I saw in a local competition a few months ago (same where was Léa), but that performance was cleaner and his jump technique better than Anthonin, even though it does need work.

Group 2 on the ice with Kazuki and Tatsuya!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Olga was really good, I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.
The Russian boy's costume was hideous, ditto. Who was the skater ater him? I'm having major issues getting the starting orders to load, so I have no idea who is who (choppy stream doesn't even make it possible for me to hear the names). Could anyone post the starting orders for junior men please?

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Daniel looks so cute with POTO and all, i guess its better to be done with warhorses early :biggrin:

apart from 3A Tatsuya did good job too!! and 1st time seeing Kazuki, how old is he? his skating looks quite mature

Late reply, but Kazuki is 16, turning 17 in May.
He seems to almost always skate one program with a major error(s) and one strong program. After the popped Lutz in his SP, I'm expecting/hoping to see him perform well today.

This pic of Sota was posted to Kazuki Tomono's insta story a couple days back.

https://twitter.com/nyapippi/status/974263228862668801

Not really skating related but nice to see Sota looking happy and having fun again.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Olga was really good, I look forward to seeing more of her in the future.
The Russian boy's costume was hideous, ditto. Who was the skater ater him? I'm having major issues getting the starting orders to load, so I have no idea who is who (choppy stream doesn't even make it possible for me to hear the names). Could anyone post the starting orders for junior men please?
It was Daniel Mrazek from CZE who skated after Vladislav.
There’s issue with site loading but the order for this group is:
Tomas GUARINO SANATE
Gabriele FRANGIPANI
Kazuki HASEGAWA
Nikolaj MAJOROV
Tatsuya TSUBOI

Andrea82

Medalist
The Russian kid was the one with a blue shirt with purple ruffles on the sleeves? Something clearly intended to be buried in a box at the end of the 80s never to be opened again....sadly, his coach opened that box.

Plumededragon

Medalist
The Russian kid was the one with a blue shirt with purple ruffles on the sleeves? Something clearly intended to be buried in a box at the end of the 80s never to be opened again....sadly, his coach opened that box.
Yes, that was him. I hope they burn the costume.

Kazuki’s costume reminds me a bit of Yuzu’s first POTO, with the color cuts.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Solid performance for Kazuki! :cheer: A pity for the popped 3A into a double, but good performance otherwise!
Score: 187.28, into 1st

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Solid performance for Kazuki! :cheer: A pity for the popped 3A into a double, but good performance otherwise!
Score: 187.28, into 1st

Kazuki doesn't attempt the the 3A. That's actually what his 2A looks like. Crazy, right?

Plumededragon

Medalist
Kazuki doesn't attempt the the 3A. That's actually what his 2A looks like. Crazy, right?
Really? Wow! Indeed, I really thought he actually popped it. :laugh:

Nikolaj gave a good performance, but not sure if it’s enough to go ahead of Kazuki, he made quite a number of mistakes.
Edit: indeed it’s not. 176.23 (heard correctly?) into 2nd

Plumededragon

Medalist
A pity for the popped axel at the beginning, but solid performance for Tatsuya! Japan will go 1-2! :cheer:
Score: 195.83 into 1st!

Plumededragon

Medalist
On the livestream, I love how Edea’s ad for Piano boots has Rika Hongo’s Riverdance performance from CoC 2015 behind. I miss that program.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Senior Men next! (And only 3 skaters in the first group with Kevin WD lol)
I’m about to go dinner but I really hope I won’t miss Sota... so nervous for him, I want him to be happy with his performance...

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
This pic of Sota was posted to Kazuki Tomono's insta story a couple days back.

https://twitter.com/nyapippi/status/974263228862668801

Not really skating related but nice to see Sota looking happy and having fun again.

Good to see he's having fun. :) I'd rather he'd not jump when he doesn't have to, though... one never knows.

It was Daniel Mrazek from CZE who skated after Vladislav.
There’s issue with site loading but the order for this group is:
Tomas GUARINO SANATE
Gabriele FRANGIPANI
Kazuki HASEGAWA
Nikolaj MAJOROV
Tatsuya TSUBOI

Thank you! I liked Kazuki the best, he seemed to be really having fun! And bonus points for selecting the mid-program music, whoever thought of it, I love them! I've thought for quite a while that South American music would fit the Japanese skaters to a T, so imagine my surprise when I actually heard one of my favorite songs in Kazuki's FS. Majorov's step sequence was really good too. I guess he's Alexander's younger brother? Too lazy to search now.
I liked Mrazek as well. He looks really young but his skating reminded me of Verner - well now since I've learned he's Czech, I know why. :D I hope he continues to develop.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's the first international competition for Sota in 2 seasons, and it's almost miraculous. I hope that he will have fun.

Plumededragon

Medalist
That's the first international competition for Sota in 2 seasons, and it's almost miraculous. I hope that he will have fun.
Me too. I hope he won’t be too nervous (just came back from dinner, gosh I arrived just in time!)

Plumededragon

Medalist
CLEAN SOTA!!!! :cheer: :love: :cry: He updated his layout (3Lo-3T, 2A, 3F), which is great steps forward!
Score: 69.04 (that seemed low. I know he had no quad nor 3A, but still... gonna check protocol once it’s out)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Romain is getting better. He has been unreliable for so long, good to see he’s finally making progress. Let’s see if he holds on for the free.
Score: 73.44 (heard right?) into 1st.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Sotaaaaaaa!!!!!!!:yahoo::hap10:
Score is low even with that jumps content.

Not bad for Romain.