2018 Finlandia Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Rhythm Dance

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:eeking:That was a whole Blades of Glory Part three movie right there. :eeking:

btw, despite that the must have got good levels on those sit twizzles, they got no ice coverage, particular for Alexandra, and it is a continual risk of getting called a pirouette.

They should keep them as choreo twizzles in the FD, and leave them alone as regular twizzles.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:eeking:That was a whole Blades of Glory Part three movie right there. :eeking:

btw, despite that the must have got good levels on those sit twizzles, they got no ice coverage, particular for Alexandra, and it is a continual risk of getting called a pirouette.

They should keep them as choreo twizzles in the FD, and leave them alone as regular twizzles.

Why are they called wolf twizzles btw?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
4 Emily MONAGHAN / Ilias FOURATI
HUN 46.55 24.61 21.94 5.63 5.29 5.38 5.67 5.46

pearly

Record Breaker
Her last two twizzles were pretty much in one place, others travelled somewhat. But yes, I see your point.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Smart and Diaz have a good PD this year (when I say good I mean the mood and the int.-technical stuff I leave to Doris) but I still have not forgiven them for last year's FD so I'm hoping that S/F or the French L/L beat them. I hold grudges.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Golden Skate Tweet from Alexandra and Ivan (who I just typed as Andrei):

Golden Skate
‏ @goldenskate
21m21 minutes ago

#AlexandraSTEPANOVA #IvanBUKIN on interruption:
A: We saw something falling down in the midline footwork and then I heard the whistle. A shame we couldn't show the complete program. I: This happened the first time to us. We would have continued if we weren't stopped. #fintrophy

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
2 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ
ESP 72.61 39.02 33.59 8.13 8.25 8.46 8.58 8.58 0.00

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
7 Mina ZDRAVKOVA / Christopher M. DAVIS
BUL 37.84 18.87 18.97 4.83 4.63 4.71 4.92 4.63 0.00 #7

Kittosuni

Medalist
That is how you claim Russia's no.1 spot in ID. Stepanova was simply stunning but boy I dont know how Bukin was able to match that.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Golden Skate
‏ @goldenskate
9m9 minutes ago

Another interruption at #Fintrophy, this time during the Tango Romantica of #CarolaneSOUCISSE #ShaneFIRUS. :-( #CSFigure #figureskating

Golden Skate
‏ @goldenskate
10m10 minutes ago

#OliviaSmart #AdrianDiaz didn't let the extra ice resurfacing incidence affect their performance at #FinTrophy
O: It was a funny situation, it has not happened to us before.
A: We are working on how to transform the nerves to adrenaline and energy towards the performance.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
What the heck is going on in Finland????? Did they let the French federation run the event?

BTW.. if you are on Twitter and don't follow Golden Skate you really should. Lots of interviews and info. :thumbsup:

TMC

Record Breaker
This is insane. I don’t see how they can let them skate after this, especially the pairs. It’s way too dangerous!!!