2018 Four Continents Short Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Short Dance

slider11

Medalist
Shame about the twizzles for the Parsons. The controller and judges were loving them before that!

s_parks

Record Breaker
So frustrating to see the twizzle mishaps with the Parsons this season with all their quality.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I wish Rachael finds another partner with a tall height such as Pavel Drodz of Russia....:p

slider11

Medalist
Ben Agosto: "The first step to recovery is acknowledging there's a problem," regarding Kaitlin's somewhat flat performance. Love him.

Kaitlin did "come alive" after the twizzles but I would agree that she needs to build her confidence to dance with expression.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Rachel and Michael twizzles.:( What a shame, one of their best elements when they're on.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Those were some rough twizzles.

What's with the Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter's technical struggles this year? Their technical proficiency and gorgeous edges were what I liked most about them.

Most surprising in a good way goes to Soucisse/Firus. And I'm very excited to see Muramoto/Reed in the top 3, too! I've been hoping for a surprise 4CC medal for them since their first year together.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

What's with the Parsons and McNamara/Carpenter's technical struggles this year? Their technical proficiency and gorgeous edges were what I liked most about them.

Most surprising in a good way goes to Soucisse/Firus. And I'm very excited to see Muramoto/Reed in the top 3, too! I've been hoping for a surprise 4CC medal for them since their first year together.

Well this is McNamara/Carpenter and the Parsons first season as seniors. It's probably not going to be a breeze for everyone transitioning.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

They do, at least, get small medals!

Hopefully we're just seeing growing pains from both teams. Look at Jean-Luc and Kaitlin -- it took a while for them to get as seniors -- four years ago they were the junior world champs.

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Miramoto/Reed and Soucisse/Firus are virtually tied, and I think that's right. I couldn't decide between them.

thought the Parsons' initial tizzle marks were a bit generous, though they might have gone down.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Kaitlin did "come alive" after the twizzles but I would agree that she needs to build her confidence to dance with expression.

Agreed. I thought she started out okay, but got really focused during the rhumba and couldn't relax again until the twizzles were done and clean. TBH I felt the same about her performance at Nationals.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Michael's twizzle bug came back to bite him...he has really struggled with that element this season. And what is up with them not getting a level 4 on the rhumba?