2018 JGP Canada Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada Free Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
tonight was all about LALA !!!! Lajoie and Lagha winning here.. and Nam winning with Lala Land at us classic...

go lalanada ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
tonight was all about LALA !!!! Lajoie and Lagha winning here.. and Nam winning with Lala Land at us classic...

go lalanada ;)

Too bad a third Canadian team didn't do or have a connection with La La today. Then it could be Tra La La Day.

:hap93:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Like I said, it's like the judges have this irrational stinginess with the Aussies. Have to see the protocols.

They had a time violation and an extended lift violation (I suspect on the straight-line lift, which was otherwise spectacular). Still the best I've ever seen from them, they are definitely on the up and up this season! They were connecting with the music so well.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They had a time violation and an extended lift violation (I suspect on the straight-line lift, which was otherwise spectacular). Still the best I've ever seen from them, they are definitely on the up and up this season! They were connecting with the music so well.

Aw dang, I think they've had deductions for lifts before :( They get some really good positions but it takes them too long to get into them.

It is a shame because it's really epic looking! Hope they can get it without the deduction some day!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Miku MAKITA / Tyler GUNARA
Music: "First Date" by Edvin Marton; "Rain" by Simply Three
Choreography by: Aaron Lowe, Megan Wing
Costumes: Lovely blue/green dress for her; black pants and white shirt for him

Program Layout:

Dance spin with good speed
NT St Seq.
St Line Lift
Twizzles
Ch. Spin
Diag St Seq
Rotational Lift with really good speed
Chor lift

My goodness this is a different team from the RD. SO much better. Loved how they GAINED speed and power at the end. I enjoyed that.

Score: 81.31 (44.29 TES, 37.02 PCS)

:yahoo: M/G are my favourite newly discovered junior dance team this season. I was quite looking forward to their debut this week and was a bit sad that they didn't give their best performance in the RD. They have skated that a lot sharper and it was their stronger program earlier in the summer. I don't think skating first the other night helped. I'm so glad they were able to put out a beautiful and flowing free dance, skated with some abandon. Ted said that that's the best he has seen them skate for quite a while; the judges gave them not a single negative GOE. Got enthusiastic cheers from the home crowd, very close to where they train at and were born in.

They put quite a bit of work to refine their FD and it shows. Now they need to work on getting those key points in the RD and step sequence levels in general to stand a chance in the Canadian field. They're not assigned to a second JGP but I'm hoping they can at least get another international assignment (NRW Trophy perhaps?). They are pretty young, 15/16, have teamed up only two and a half years ago, so they have a lot of potential and time to develop :).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sigh, the livestream of the full event has now been blocked on YouTube because of a copyright claim by Universal Music (even though all of the individual performance videos are still up).