2018 JGP Ostrava Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Howard ZHAO

Choreography by: Pasquale Camerlengo, Anjelika Krylova (how long ago was this choreographed???)

Hmm, I was hoping the differente here was not "I'm divorcing you and moving to another continent to work with your direct competitors!" Or maybe I was - what would ID be without its Soap Opera Storylines Behind The Rink?

Whoa! How did I manage to miss hearing that?! :jaw:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Olivia MCISAAC / Corey CIRCELLI
Music:Foxtrot: Ouverture (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander;
Foxtrot: All That Jazz (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander; Tango: Cell Block Tango (from "Chicago" soundtrack) by Fred Ebb, John Kander
Choreography by: Kelly Johnson, Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Basic black tango drag for both. Sequined suspenders for him!

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - mostly yes on KPs. Nice. They have potential.
Twizzles - really good distance between them and coverage. Level 4 for both.
NT ML St Seq. - Level 3
Rotational Lift with her in split position.

They have good clean elements. Keep an eye on them.

Score: 52.86 (29.69 TES, 23.17 PCS)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh that's an unexpected change of rhythm so early in the program (Cell Block Tango).

It could have done without the first piece of music and just gone straight into "All That Jazz".

That snippit of the Overture at the start was unnecessary and just didn't fit for me.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV
Music: Tango: Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Lea Rand
Costumes: Black lace dress from her with red hair flower, basic black for him with mucho man cleavage

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - he has a wonderful presence on the ice. Mostly yes KPs.
Twizzles - with jump entry Level 3 for her; level 4 for him
NT ML St Seq - Level 2
St Line Lift - very secure

He's a find. He's just very compelling to watch. Look, it's about as trad a tango as you can get, but I think he's compelling

Score: 49.78 (27.27 TES, 22.51 PCS)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Lol between us we got the spelling right.

Diana is said to have hearing problems? Anyone know how severe? You'd never guess from her skating. I feel for her, so much to live up to.

There is a documentary about Eteri's school (cca 2 years old) and there was more said about it. I saw that with english subtitles but I was able to find only russian version now. They said there she has "hearing loss of the 3rd grade". She has problem to understand what people in TV say and has to look directly at the person who speaks to her to understand.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, I'm going to leave now for my dinner and come back at the top of the hour.

I'll try and get as many of the remaining Dancers watched in the half hour before the Ladies start. But if I don't, sure there's a couple of resurfacings during the Ladies SP where I can hopefully get the rest fittted in.

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Karina SIDARENKA / Maksim YALENICH
Music: "Waltz: "Waltz in B Minor op. 69" by Frederic Chopin; Tango: "Tango" by Leonid Utesov
Choreography by: Alexander Tolstik
Costumes: She in a lovely soft yellow dress with red appliques. He in grey pants and grey shirt that I swear looks just like a 70s leisure suit that I bet is made of Quiana.

Required Elements:

Twizzles - slow and out of sync; level 2 for her. level 3 for him. She had a big balance check
Circular St Seq - Basic basic basic - level 2
AT Pattern - a bit small with shallow edges. They need to skate out more.
Straight Line Lift, rotational exit - level 4 and best element. But minus GOEs (that's fair I thought)

Score: 40.00 (21.66 TES, 18.34 PCS)

This one's strictly by the numbers. The costumes far outshone the dance.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There is a documentary about Eteri's school (cca 2 years old) and there was more said about it. I saw that with english subtitles but I was able to find only russian version now. They said there she has "hearing loss of the 3rd grade". She has problem to understand what people in TV say and has to look directly at the person who speaks to her to understand.

Wow! I never knew that.

So she has to deal with more than just the pressure of being Eteri's daughter.

I have a whole new admiration for Diana now.

CaroLiza_fan

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Great debut from B/B, like their expression in both sections and interesting choice to transition to quickstep.

pearly

Record Breaker
I approve this version of El Choclo. It sounds like Di Sarli but maybe not quite, NoNameFace what do you say?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Emmy is adorable.

EDIT: Wow, big score for their first ever international assignment. These two are going places.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA
Music: Tango: "El Choclo;" Quickstep: "Let's Face the Music and Dance" by Irving Berlin
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Lovely bright yellow dress with with cut out back and waist appliques for her, Basic black for him

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - nice closeness but mostly no on KPs. I wasn't unduly impressed
Twizzles - Level 4 for her; level 3 for him
ML St Seq to quickstep. Man did they come alive for this
Stationay Lift - lvel 4. Nicely done.

The tango I'm not buying at all. But the quickstep was quite good. She's just charm galore. But it is in NO WAY an integrated dance. No way.

Still keep an eye on these two. She made me smile she's so charming.

Score: 56.04 (30.16 TES, 25.88 PCS)

freeman21

On the Ice
A bit off-topic, but am I the only one who likes to hear the skates grinding on the ice? :biggrin: (not sure, if 'grinding' is the proper English verb for it)

pearly

Record Breaker
Elizaveta, you do not need those pink claws. Not for tango, not for skating, not for life.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo I remember this couple, she looks so much like Alina Zagi to me!

Also Tango Amore FTW!

pearly

Record Breaker
Ok I cannot describe how much I hate this syle of tango, but clearly the best team so far.

I'll try to explain why I don't like it - in real Argentine Tango, no move is forced. Every single move a lady&follower does comes from the impulse and energy she gets from the leader. Those leg kicks and voleos she does here are all so forced.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV
Music: Tango: "Tango Amore" by Edvin Marton
Choreography by: Nikolai Nikonov
Costumes: Purple with a lot of pink in it dress with bling galore for her. Black suit with white shirt for him.

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - great basics these two. Mostly yes KPs.
Midline Step Seq - wonderful how they keep together. Really good sync and She is very quick on her turns.
Twizzles - fast fast fast with good coverage. Level 4 for both. Nicely done
Rotational Lift - again speed speed speed. Level 4 and deserved.

He certainly is Mr Intensity isn't he? She's got wonderful maturity for her age. Super attack. They're in a league above.

Score: 65.29 (35.54 TES, 30.75 PCS)

SB for them and well deserved

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Much better skate from K/N, without nerves in the way the great chemistry between the two is back, and as expected solid skating throughout. I am still not convinced on the pink dress though.