2018 JGP Yerevan Rhythm Dance | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Yerevan Rhythm Dance

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
ISU JGP Yerevan 2018 - Armenian Cup 2018
ISU Junior Grand Prix

Irina Rodnina Ice Rink
10 Building, 27 Admiral Isakov Ave, Yerevan, Armenia
(10 Building, 27 Ծովակալ Իսակովի պողոտա, Երևան 5F47+49 Yerevan, Armenia)
Phone +374 11 210108

10 October 2018 - 13 October 2018

RHYTHM DANCE
Friday, 12 October 2018, 15:00 UTC +4

Time in Other Places

No.NameNation
1Viktoriia AZROIAN / Aleksandr SIROSHTAN
RD: "Tango: "Libertango;" choreo by Mikhail Kolegov
FD: Armenian Rhapsody; Armenian Medley; Mikhail Kolegov
ARM
2Emiliya KALEHANOVA / Uladzislau PALKHOUSKI
RD: Waltz: "Corazon De Oro" by Tango Al Sur; Tango: "Otro Noche En 'La Viruta'" by Otros Aires
FD: "Never Enough" performed by Loren Allred from The Greatest Showman soundtrack; "The Greatest Show" performed by Keala Settle, Zendaya, Hugh Jackman, Zach Efron, and The Greatest Showman ensemble
BLR
3Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA
RD: Tango: "El Choclo;" Quickstep: "Let's Face the Music and Dance" by Irving Berlin; choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
FD: "Tightrope" (from "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack); "The Greatest Show" (from "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack); choreo by Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
4Ellie FISHER / Simon-Pierre MALETTE-PAQUETTE
RD: "Tango D'Amor" by Tango Jointz feat. Bellma Cespedes; Tango: "Verano Portena" performed by Tango Quattro; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
FD: "Look Down" by Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, The Convicts; "I Dreamed a Dream" performed by Glee Cast; Les Miserables Orchestral Instrumental Medley; choreo by Romain Haguenauer
CAN
5Chloe Dan TSOI / Long You Zimou WANG
RD: "Época" by Gotan Project
FD: Amélie sountrack
TPE
6Viktoria SEMENJUK / Artur GRUZDEV
RD: Tango: Adios Nonino by Astor Piazzolla; choreo by Lea Rand
FD: Ghost - The Musical; choreo by Lea Rand
EST
7Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA
RD: Tango: Building the Bullet by Luis Bacalov; Tango: Assassin's Tango (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; choreo by Nikolai Nikonov, Igor Alferov
FD: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff performed by Edvin Marton; "Vocalise" (Main Theme from "The Ninth Gates"); choreo by Nikolai Nikonov, Igor Alferov
GEO
8Lara LUFT / Asaf KAZIMOV
RD: Argentine Tango: "Tango de Besame" performed by Benise; Waltz: "Corazon d'Oro" by Lalo Shifrin; choreo by Mariana Kozlova, Alexander Tolstik
FD: "Say Something" by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera; "Sixth Breath" by Ezio Bosso; "The Last Breath" by Ezio Bosso; choreo by Mariana Kozlova, Alexander Tolstik
GER
9Villö MARTON / Danyil SEMKO
SP: Tango: "Tango in the Sky" by Peter Dranga; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Ilona Berecz, Tibor Dalotti
FS: Black Cat, White Cat (soundtrack) by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Irina Zhuk, Ilona Berecz, Tibor Dalotti
HUN
10Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY
RD: Tango: Tango d'Amor by Tango Jointz; Tango: Maria de Buenos Aires; choreo by Alena Samarskaia
FD: Samson and Dalilah by Camille Saint-Saens; choreo by Alena Samarskaia
RUS
11Arina USHAKOVA / Maxim NEKRASOV
RD: Tango: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Bond; Flamenco: Flamenco by Valeri Dolgin; choreography by Natalia Yanovskaia, Elena Maslennikova
FD: Black Cat, White Cat (soundtrack) by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Natalia Yanovskaia, Elena Maslennikova
RUS
12Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV
RD: Tango: "Zitarossa" performed by Bajofondo; Tango: "Sabelo" performed by Bajofondo; Maria Tumanovskaia-Chaika, Anaida Koniar
FD: "Charms" (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; "Abdication" (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Maria Tumanovskaia-Chaika, Anaida Koniar
UKR
13Oona BROWN / Gage BROWN
RD: "Tango: "La Cumparsita" by Gerardo Matos Rodriguez, performed by Milva; "Tangled Up" by Caro Emerald; choreo by Andrew Lavrik
FD: "Still Got the Blues" by Gary Moore; "Parisian Walkways"'by Gary Moore; "Still Got the Blues"'by Gary Moore; choreo by Andrew Lavrik
USA
14Emma GUNTER / Caleb WEIN
RD: Argentine Tango: " Peligro" by Gotan ProjectSamba: "The Beat Goes On" by Sonny Bono; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Skorikova
FD: "Oh Me Oh My" by Jim Doris performed by Beth Hart; "Something's Got a Hold on Me" performed by Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Natalia Skorikova
USA
15Julia KIM / Shokhrukh SULTANOV
RD: Tango: "Assassin's Tango" (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; "Palladio" performed by Escala; choreo by Andrei Driganov
FD: "Une vie d'amour performed by Mireille Mathieu; Pardonne-moi ce caprice performed by Mireille Mathieu; choreo by Andrei Driganov
UZB

Last edited by a moderator:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I've agreed to try doing some play by play for Dance this season. Now given that I have yet to make it from the area where you put on skates to the actual rink itself without causing grievous bodily injury (mostly to myself!), I find this hilarious and a sterling example of Major Irony, but I think the idea of pbp is a very good one. And I promise to do my best. If nothing else, you get to see A Very Very Very Very Very Steep Learning Curve in Action!

I wanted to post a few links for people who may occasionally like to watch ID events casually, for those who would like to but are baffled by it, or want to learn more. If this is not you, Mr and Ms Expert, please feel free to skip ahead or file your nails or make me some breakfast (I'm particularly fond of omelettes, blueberry pancakes and bacon [hint, hint]).

Today's Event is the Rhythm Method. I mean Rhythm Dance. (LOL, sorry but the joke is so easy who could resist making it? Not me!) This was formally known as the Short Dance. Ice dancing is at heart, traditional ballroom dancing on ice. There are a number of set patterns in ballroom that have been incorporated into ID. There is a good reason for this. These are the fundamental patterns learned by every couple, from the wee novice to the most experienced of seniors. The RD gives both judges and audience a chance to compare teams directly. If you want to know why team So and So placed ahead of Your Particular Favorite, an excellent way to do so is to compare both teams's required patterns in the RD.

The RD always has a set pattern, done to a specific rhythm. This year the juniors are skating to the Argentine Tango. Bill Neal has helpfully provided, in another post on here, a lovely link explaining the steps of the AT and the Infamous Key Points here:
https://www.isu.org/inside-single-pa...s-2018-19/file

Key points are part of the required dance pattern. They must be skated on a specific step, to a specific beat. Hitting or missing a key point can be crucial to a team's overall placement in the RD. Given that my internet connection is somewhere in the area of two tin cans and a piece of string, I'm not going to attempt to identify them in the pbp as they happen, but the protocols will tell you if the team hit their KPs.

The USFSA has provided a nifty chart explaining the required elements of the RD here. There are five required elements for the Junior RD: two sections of Argentine tango, a short lift, one set of twizzles, and a step sequence. The step sequence can be either Midline (aka in a straight line), diagonal (from one rink corner to its diagonal opposite) or circular. The sequence may be done in hold, not touching, or a combination of both. More info can be found here:
http://www.usfsa.org/content/2018-19...RD Chart.pdf

So, with that in mind, let's give this baby a whirl! As I said, Mr Tech I'm not, so if I miss something or screw something up, by all means feel free to point this out. I think the more we know about ID, the more enjoyable it becomes for everyone.

The Live stream is available here:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
While Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy and Kazakova/Reviya battle it out for the sixth finals spot (on a performance level I prefer the former, but I always wish small fed skaters success), I’m most hoping for the Browns and Bronsard/Bouaraguia to have good showings. Hoping especially for Oona and Gage to not have any problems this time in the free.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
All right it's Tango time my friends!

Who are we looking forward to?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Nothing like figure skating on a blue friday evening. Hello all!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
While Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy and Kazakova/Reviya battle it out for the sixth finals spot (on a performance level I prefer the former, but I always wish small fed skaters success), I’m most hoping for the Browns and Bronsard/Bouaraguia to have good showings. Hoping especially for Oona and Gage to not have any problems this time in the free.

I too am excited to see the Browns!
it's 7am here and I'm settled into my first block class ready to watch S/N and the Browns

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
not good to hear "there were a couple of challenges from Ted" :sad4:

six N, two Y? looks like K/R might be able to go ahead of them today

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm, I know nothing here, but I could see that this wasn't their best skate...

Edit: Listening to Ted, this was a bad skate for them. I noticed the twizzles were a bit off, but those levels are going to hurt... and they did.

Oh well, hope they have a great FD. Go Browns!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
in my total lack of ID knowledge that looked great! Oona has great expression.

ohhh... Havana!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Browns looked very much solid to me, what a future they have.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sounds like a strict tech panel today. Still a new SB (by a hair) so good for them.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think they did well, but in reality all I can say is that I like their costumes... Experts needed here, WeakAnkles? Doris? Anyone?

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Ahead of the Browns :(
I just want Oona and Gage to do well, my ice dance baby team

ETA: they have the highest TES, and are behind in PCS, which I don't understand because dang does Oona perform well