2018 JPG Bratislava Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JPG Bratislava Rhythm Dance

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The South Korean team is very new, and not from a country with a lot of history in ice dance. Best of luck to them in improving going forward.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
for those who don't follow canadian junior ice dance... a strong season last year... and then BANG!!!! and the word is weak to describe what happened : pretty much all the top couples but 2 or 3 split... with skaters saying they had retired etc.... and then, by the time the summer events came up, many of these pseudo retired juniors and others split partners were all in new partnerships.... some having picked up together for just a few weeks and barely ready with choreography...

well... guess what: the junior ice dance scene in canada that had been wiped out is even better than last year. Team BB are very young and newish together.... i expect them to develop a lot this year !

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Katarina looks like she raided Madison Chock's closet.

And Maxwell Evan Bates's :laugh:

They look good though, so good choice!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The South Korean team is very new, and not from a country with a lot of history in ice dance. Best of luck to them in improving going forward.

They both came over from singles, and teamed up sometime around this March. And I can count the numbers of ice dance teams that represented Korea with my hands... I'll be happy to just see them continue as a team.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
for those who don't follow canadian junior ice dance... a strong season last year... and then BANG!!!! and the word is weak to describe what happened : pretty much all the top couples but 2 or 3 split... with skaters saying they had retired etc.... and then, by the time the summer events came up, many of these pseudo retired juniors and others split partners were all in new partnerships.... some having picked up together for just a few weeks and barely ready with choreography...

well... guess what: the junior ice dance scene is canada that had been wiped out is even better than last year. Team BB are very young and newish together.... i expect them to develop a lot this year !

I enjoyed them a lot! Very good for a new team!

I'm sure the tradition of Canadian ice dance will continue in good hands!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Katarina looks like she raided Madison Chock's closet.

And Maxwell Evan Bates's :laugh:

They look good though, so good choice!

I thought I was the only one to feel 'Under Pressure' costuming program vibes there:laugh:

And hello everyone!:cheer:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Katarina Delcamp / Maxwell Gart
Music: Argentine Tango: Otra Luna by Narcotango / Tango: Libertango by Astor Piazzolla / Tango: Tango Amore by Edvin Marton
Choreography by: Svetlana Kulikova, Matthew Gates
Costumes:Deep blue to puple dress with cutouts for her, Black with side sheer panels for him

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - nice edges. You can see the potential
Twizzles - out of sync but good speed
Midline step sequence - interesting choreography, some of the best so far, but a bit of a mess. Work on that attack
Rotational Lift - one of the better ones so far

You can see the basics are good here, but the inexperience shows. Need to work on the character of the dance, the expression. I'd still keep an eye out for these two. I think they have potential.

Score: 46.55 (24.23 TES, 22.32 PCS)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Their costumes remind me of some other program, can't pinpoint exactly what though... :slink:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nice job from the Brits.

If you look at the history of figure skating, the UK used to be such a big deal, but they hardly feel present at all in most of the disciplines these days.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Emily Rose Brown / James Hernandez
Music: Tango Instrumental - Mgzavebi by Roni Benise / Bamboleo by Gypsy Kings
Choreography by: J. Young
Costumes: Red dress with black patterning overlay for her, black shirt and pants with sheer side panels for him (I'm sensing a trend here)

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - need extension and speed
Twizzles - not bad, again, slow slow slow
Midline Step Sq - nice and close with good edges but man they are SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Rotational Lift - good positions. Again, work on the speed.

They have a really good dance here. It needs more ATTACK, more tango character. But I like the choreography a lot. Watch for the small moves not in the elements that really just have so much potential to lift this dance out of the pack. I want to see how this dance develops. It certainly has potential galore.

Score: 51.13 (30.11 TES, 22.02 PCS)

LadyB

Record Breaker
well..i am out of drinks... which is a GOOD thing ! :)

hi NNF!

You sound like you're exactly in that state that I wanna be in tonight :biggrin: New season, Friday, payday - what's not to like? I'll raise a pint to you later. :agree:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hi there:), sounds like you've had some ball, celebration of new season starting I see ;):laugh:

i will celebrate when my girl and her new beau do well soon... a bit nervous

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like you're exactly in that state that I wanna be in tonight :biggrin: New season, Friday, payday - what's not to like? I'll raise a pint to you later. :agree:

except it's 6 48 am here LOL