2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance

Andrea82

Medalist
Gaukhar NAURYZOVA / Boyisangur DATIEV got a -1 for Violation of choreography restrictions as it was called by 6 judges out of 10.

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
lol greens for their boring slow and childish skating scored HIGHER BY FIVE POINTS their PB. more than any team here. horrible

Barb

Record Breaker
lol greens for their boring slow and childish skating scored HIGHER BY FIVE POINTS their PB. more than any team here. horrible

Uusally I don´t like them, but today they were my favorites. Actually, I thought they deserved higher.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
The best level in no touch steps was 3. Is level 4 for these steps out of reach?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Uusally I don´t like them, but today they were my favorites. Actually, I thought they deserved higher.

I would have been fine with them beating S/E who were just above them, but I do think S/E deserve higher PCS than the Greens. I was watching without sound in class, so I'll have to rewatch to decide whether I think the PCS gap is right.

G/G did look less young compared to the beginning of the season. for me.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I very much agree... I thought Igor was the on that knows all bout levels, he sure did a few years ago. I don't know what's happenning this year.

And I think C/P should leave him because they are looking already like an Igor team. The thing is, when in a couple the man is very strong, you have to make him more valuable to the choreography, share the fun, don't just do the presentation of the lady.

Who should they go to? Marina? I assume they need to stay in the US for her to have a chance at US citizenship. Anyways, I think his parents are close to Igor, so they probably won't.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Cha cha steps have 3 letters following the level. YYY I guess means yes, yes, yes? The N should mean No, and the T, time. One Y is for timing and the other two...performance or something similar.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Cha cha steps have 3 letters following the level. YYY I guess means yes, yes, yes? The N should mean No, and the T, time. One Y is for timing and the other two...performance or something similar.

The Y's are for the three keypoints. Three steps you have to hit. N means they missed that step. T means they did the step right, but not on the correct beat.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Who should they go to? Marina? I assume they need to stay in the US for her to have a chance at US citizenship. Anyways, I think his parents are close to Igor, so they probably won't.

I forgot about the citizenship... I don't if it could be better with Marina. She did a great job with the German team though.
My main issue with Igor : all his teams lack uniqueness. The last thing you want is if someone thinks your programs in a bit random or just "another program" :/ This is a common route : the woman should pop and the man should present her. But he has many teams with very strong men and it ends up lacking.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
^^^

Y means that key point (which is usually some kind of a turn who must be done with correct edges) is correctly done. N means its not done correctly, meaning no level up. T means its done but not in right time, meaning no level up too. There are 3 key points in a pattern dance, one symbol (Y,N or T) you are getting for each keypoint. For example NNN means you will get no level up, you mised all 3 key points, so you will stay on level 1. TTT means level 1 too, they just giving an explanation for skaters that problem was not in wrong turn (like with N), but only in timing. YNT means level 2 for dance pattern - first key point in a dance pattern is done, but second is not done correctly and third had bad timing. NYY means second and third key points are correctly done so the whole pattern is level 3 etc etc

larat

On the Ice
What happened with C/P is sad but I think we should put it into prospective. This is just one of the competitions. This team achieved a lot and Anthony is only 17 - much younger than most of the boys at Junior level.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I hope I'm wrong, though, but I think it was still a mistake to send them instead of Polischuk/Vakhnov.

Sofia and Igor were the third Russian couple at Jr Grand Prix final and silver medalists at Junior nationals, beating Arina and Maxim on both occasions. The decision should have been maybe between Polishchuk/Vakhnov and Arina/Maxim based on the results. No debate in what concerns the place of Sofia / Egor on the team IMO.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder what will happen with the judges in the FD.
Four of the judges will be swapped out. The replacement judges in Ice Dance are AUS, BLR, CHN, GER

But since Gorojdanov 'resigned' after charges were recently brought against him, Belarus doesn't have an ISU judge qualified for ice dance. It is possible that a judge could have been 'loaned' to BLR, but I guess we will see.

Giselle

Medalist
He's in the throes of a midlife crisis. Did Lewis and Bye leave him for Marina?

A few teams left him for marina this year, Tobias/Tkachenko (even if they ended up not competing), Lorenz/Polizoakis at the end of last season, and then Lewis/Bye mis-season...

AFAIK Igor still has Chock/Bates, Nazarova/Nikitin, Min/Gamelin, Coomes/Buckland, Pogrebinsky/Benoit, Abachkina/Thauron for seniors. Carreira/Ponomarenko, Nguyen/Kolesnik for juniors.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
A few teams left him for marina this year, Tobias/Tkachenko (even if they ended up not competing), Lorenz/Polizoakis at the end of last season, and then Lewis/Bye mis-season...

AFAIK Igor still has Chock/Bates, Nazarova/Nikitin, Min/Gamelin, Coomes/Buckland, Pogrebinsky/Benoit, Abachkina/Thauron for seniors. Carreira/Ponomarenko, Nguyen/Kolesnik for juniors.

Abachkina/Thauron split.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfbIOQjntY7/?taken-by=icesmurfette