2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C/P better worry about the Greens coming up fast behind them if they stay Junior next season. I see the Greens starting to win next season if they keep improving and considering they are the youngest of the top teams they have nowhere to go but up.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I did this for the pairs so here's, just for fun, how the Ice Dance spots for next year would look if awarded solely on SP placements

(See the 2019 Spots thread for the placement points rules)

3 spots

RUS (1 + 3 = 4)
USA (5 + 6 = 11)

2 spots

CAN (2 + 12 = 14)
FRA (7 + 14 = 21)
UKR (9, only team) - up from 1 spot
GER (10 + 16 = 26)

Interesting things to look out for in the FS: Will CAN be able to pull a 3rd spot? Will Germany hold onto their 2nd, or will another country sneak into the top 10 to grab a 2nd of their own?

Barb

Record Breaker
C/P better worry about the Greens coming up fast behind them if they stay Junior next season. I see the Greens starting to win next season if they keep improving and considering they are the youngest of the top teams they have nowhere but to go but up.

But at least C/P have the advantage that they seem have finished with their growth/height, I don´t know what to expect with the Greens, they are so young.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ashamed to admit I have not seen some of the top10 couples before this season :slink: Anthony Ponomarenko seemed to channel his inner Nikita on his twizzles, but the point difference is so little between most of the couples, I can esily see them finishing second overall. I loved Greens! And Shevchenko/Eremnko were my favourite junior Russian couple two seasons ago, and they still are :biggrin:

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
They got the second highest TES in the SD because they had YYY on both sections of the pattern, L4 on the twizzles and lift, and L3 on the steps, all with +GOE. They were lowballed on the PCS to satisfy your comments.

BTW, Caroline is 13 years old.

no she is not 13 years old check yuor information before posting lie and misleadings

and no, they were OVERSCORED in PCS

for such juniorish snail's skating this is nonsense

they should have 55-56 points as max

Barb

Record Breaker
no she is not 13 years old check yuor information before posting lie and misleadings

Well, she does not look more juniorish than Marjorie LAJOIE who is 17 yo, while Caroline is 15 yo.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I do nto see any chemistry between marjorie and zachary. He seems very narcissistic (not that I know anything about him).

If you don't know anything about him, and are only basing it on the way he looks on the ice, then maybe don't say that about a teenager? From the interviews I've seen of them, he doesn't come across that way at all.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, she does not look more juniorish than Marjorie LAJOIE who is 17 yo, while Caroline is 15 yo.

I liked the Greens here and completely disagree with the "juniorish, snail's skating" comment, but to me she pretty obviously seems younger/more juniorish than Marjorie. YMMV obviously.

larat

On the Ice
If you don't know anything about him, and are only basing it on the way he looks on the ice, then maybe don't say that about a teenager? From the interviews I've seen of them, he doesn't come across that way at all.

I meant that when someone focuses on himself that much it does not allow me to see any chemistry there for a pair.

larat

On the Ice
I watched G/G and L/L again and in my opinion G/G make much better impression as skaters and dancers.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Caroline was 13 for her first JGP this season; she turned 14 on October 3, 2017.