2018 NHK Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Pairs Free Skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love this program for Peng/Jin. And other than the 2S and a few level things, the technical elements looked so good!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Happy that P/J are thriving and growing. They do some beautiful things on the ice. This is not my favorite vehicle for them but I hope they make it to the final

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I still think this program is a bit heavy for them

amazing job to them though

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good podium, though I do think MT/M should have gone ahead of SK/K. Though that's mostly bias and not real knowledge. Likely neither MT/M or SK/K will go to the GPF, but if it goes to the tie breaker I think MT/M have the higher combined total score, so they win?

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I really like both of Peng/Jin's programs this season! Adding them to my watch list for sure.

So I'm so confused. Tarasova/Mozorov had to get Trankov as a coach because Nina Mozer was taking a sabbatical? But Nina Mozer for whatever reason is Z/E's main coach and was able to go to Japan with them?

I've been asking myself this same question.

Lota

Record Breaker
I still think this program is a bit heavy for them

amazing job to them though

Not a reply to your comment, but I always laugh at the hashtag you have there (#teamotherskaters), because whenever I see it, instead of team-other-skaters I read it as tea-mother-skaters :laugh:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Sorry but old school USSR pairs >>>>>>>>>>> the Moser school.

The skating skills are the only thing that have been a constant.

Tamara Moskvina the skating world turns its lonely eyes to you :drama:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really like both of Peng/Jin's programs this season! Adding them to my watch list for sure.

Will we get answers?!

I love both of Peng and Jin's programs this season too. I think they have enough for GPF, so I look forward to seeing them live again!

gioccia

On the Ice
I love what PJ are doing, I noticed them a couple of seasons ago. Wow just wow, if clean the can be number 1 this year.
ZE are so much better than last year, almost there for me, at least their FP. Can easily be number 1 in Russia with such a skate.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Sorry but old school USSR pairs >>>>>>>>>>> the Moser school.

The skating skills are the only thing that have been a constant.

Tamara Moskvina the skating world turns its lonely eyes to you :drama:

That's why Boikova/Kozlovskii are my favorite of the Russian pairs :love: I can't wait to see how they develop

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not a reply to your comment, but I always laugh at the hashtag you have there (#teamotherskaters), because whenever I see it, instead of team-other-skaters I read it as tea-mother-skaters [emoji23]
Don't worry
I read it as that way sometimes too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

lala34345

On the Ice

Maybe this was a nice way for Tarasova/Morozov to say they didn't want to work with her anymore? (I'm really struggling not to call her Elton John....) It seems like they've cut ties with Robin S. altogether. Maybe they realized those two were mainly responsible for their disastrous Christina Aguilera program/probable loss of an Olympic medal and want to distance themselves...

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Maybe this was a nice way for Tarasova/Morozov to say they didn't want to work with her anymore? (I'm really struggling not to call her Elton John....) It seems like they've cut ties with Robin S. altogether. Maybe they realized those two were mainly responsible for their disastrous Christina Aguilera program/probable loss of an Olympic medal and want to distance themselves...

Didn't Trankov say in one of his interviews that they were still collaborating with Robin? And Nina Mozer is still listed, together with Trankov, as Tarasova/Morozov's coach.

Lota

Record Breaker
Didn't Trankov say in one of his interviews that they were still collaborating with Robin? And Nina Mozer is still listed, together with Trankov, as Tarasova/Morozov's coach.

He did say that. And it was also Mozer herself who said that she was taking a break, so it's not like it was something T/M decided and said (and the break was only supposed to last for half a year if I recall). Either way, an interesting situation for sure. Maybe both parties decided that a different perspective was needed and so they brought Trankov along to lead the way :confused:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I slept through the pairs free :eeking: I'm so upset.

I'll get the pairs results up at some point this morning GMT time.

Was it a good event?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Caught up, quick thoughts:

- Z/E won, no surprise there. Same as the SP, better than last week but not really a fan of the program.

- Peng/Jin did lovely, although I like the SP better they had a great skate with wonderful throw jumps and lifts. Final worthy, no doubt.

- Not the day for M-T/M, was it? The program's personally not for me, but still, podium finish.

- Rough first half, then with the throw flip it got a lot better for the Knierims. I still associate the song with J/C though.

- Lu/Mitrofanov shows potential, it just wasn't their day. Their choice of ROOOOOXANNE plus Come What May is interesting considering that V/M won Olympic gold with that.