2018 Ondrej Nepela Trophy: Ladies' pre-game chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Ondrej Nepela Trophy: Ladies' pre-game chat

Who will win gold?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Personally, I am the most excited to see live for the first time Rika, Rin, Polina, Korean Ladies, US ladies:), I saw Alina, Elizabet and Stanislava already in Milan, but I am also curious if that time changed my perception. Quite an interesting field:)

Country
Russia
Main Entries in order of Personal Best
In ( ) - best unofficial, at competitions which don't give ISU Best, only for skaters who haven't ISU Best.

1 Polina TSURSKAYA RUS 210.19
2 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ 200.98
3 Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA RUS 199.68
4 Rika KIHIRA JPN 194.24
5 Rin NITAYA JPN 175.01
6 Yujin CHOI KOR 156.65
7 Katie MCBEATH USA (153.67)
8 Megan WESSENBERG USA 148.82
9 Silvia HUGEC SVK 147.14
10 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE 140.85
11 Danielle HARRISON GBR 125.89
12 Elzbieta GABRYSZAK POL 123.17
13 Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA SVK (105.44)
14 Hyunsoo KIM KOR (97.31)

Alisa TURCHINA BLR -

WD Alina ZAGITOVA RUS 239.57
WD Kristen SPOURS GBR 139.34
WD Nina LETENAYOVA SVK 113.51

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Looking forward to seeing Rika Kihira. Her programs are beautiful this season and her talent immense. I hope she has developed more confidence/ focus over the summer.

I am also looking forward to seeing Polina Tsurskaya. I liked her programs at the Russian test skates and I love ( as everyone does) her beautiful jumps and great basic SS. I hope injury does not hamper her success this year,

I hate Alina’s programs this year so I can’t say I am looking forward to seeing her skate. But, I hope that she has a good skate here because her last two competitions have been rough.

Best of Luck to All

zenskate

Final Flight
Cheering for Alina here! :hap10:

But I admit that the person I'm most hoping to see is Mama Tursynbaeva.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good luck Elizabet!! I always look forward to her skates...

leoleo

Medalist
The ladies event of this competition is very exciting. Many of my favorite girls so whoever wins i'm gonna be a happy fangirl. Crossing my fingers Alina does well, her Carmen should be a bit more polished this time. Hopefully Rika can land all the 3as. In my opinion she has the most beautiful FS out of all the ladies who revealed their programs so far, i also loved Polina's so i'm excited. Curious to see if Lilbet has improved under Eteri! what if her quad makes a resurrection out of of nowhere thanks to Eteri's magic touch? :laugh2: (i'm just kidding)

lusk8

Record Breaker
I can never figure out what the blocks on these schedules mean, but I guess I'll wait for the draw tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

Sept 20th Thursday:

- Ladies SP practice starts at 7:00am and ends 8:15am.

- Ladies SP competition starts at 13:00pm and ends at 15:30pm.

Sept 21st Friday

- Ladies FS practice at 10:05 am until 11:30am

Sept 22nd Saturday:

- Ladies FS practice at 6:30am until 7:55 am

- Ladies FS competition at 13:15 until 16:00

- Victory ceremony for all will start at 22:00

zenskate

Final Flight
Sept 20th Thursday:

- Ladies SP practice starts at 7:00am and ends 8:15am.

- Ladies SP competition starts at 13:00pm and ends at 15:30pm.

Sept 21st Friday

- Ladies FS practice at 10:05 am until 11:30am

Sept 22nd Saturday:

- Ladies FS practice at 6:30am until 7:55 am

- Ladies FS competition at 13:15 until 16:00

- Victory ceremony for all will start at 22:00

:agree:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm predicting Alina to win, but with several mistakes. The forum will then collapse due to posters "debating" whether or not she should retire.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I voted Alina, but think Polina could win, based their condition in the test skate. Alina is in the middle of a growing while Polina's height seems to be stable now.

zounger

Medalist
I voted Elizabet :rock: . I would like Alina to win this though. I don't expect a clean skate but even with falls she can win this. As for posters "debating" to retire her it's fine, her majesty TAT already did so ...

It will be interesting also to see the PCS and GOEs scores for various skaters. Alina, Rika (2 x 3A?), Polina ...

leoleo

Medalist
I'm predicting Alina to win, but with several mistakes. The forum will then collapse due to posters "debating" whether or not she should retire.

i expect this too :laugh2: many people have already predicted she'll retire soon so not surprising! it sounds like wishful thinking most of the time :p

lusk8

Record Breaker
I'm for Alina winning this all the way, ideally with a clean skate so she can feel great about the season start, but to me it really doesn't matter much if she is clean at this point in the season.

Go Alina, 3Lz+3Lo your way all over this competition.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Alina is out of Ondrej Nepela. Entries list was just updated. :(