2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Pairs Free Skate

gold12345

Medalist
Agreed, that they should get the positives, however they shoul not be getting +3/4, which they got severa of. Maybe +1 or even +2.
They don’t hit one of the key bullets, good takeoff and landing and therefore should be capped at +2.

I agree. Reward them for the overall good quality of their throws and the fact that they take a risk and do a throw bigger than most, but no need to go overboard with the GOE when Tarasova is putting her hand down and trying to hold onto the landings. They were going to win anyway, what difference does it make if the score was 141 or 135?

They seem to be a little generous with the throw GOE in general. Della Monica/Guarise don't have that amazing of a throw 3S but they got +3s and +4s. They wouldn't have had to go that high with the GOE if T/M hadn't gotten +3s.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Agreed, that they should get the positives, however they shoul not be getting +3/4, which they got severa of. Maybe +1 or even +2.
They don’t hit one of the key bullets, good takeoff and landing and therefore should be capped at +2.

For a touch down they were getting mostly +1 and some +2 (see the protocol).. Also, you can be capped only on +3 when you don't hit one of the core bullet. You can miss all the core bullets and still get +3 (see the rules/recomendations)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Caught up with the pairs with a slight hangover plus lack of sleep (don't sleep at 6 am folks, but then I had to celebrate), so this is more like my 0.5 cents than my two cents, but anyway:

- Oh, first things first and wishes for a speedy recovery for Deanna Stellato-Dudek.

- Cain/Leduc. Much better than their short, they had fine throw jumps for a start. A bit iffy on the throw and not the best of SBS jumps, but solid lifts and good steps. Not too bad, I say.

- Alexandrovskaya/Windsor. Started off solid with a great twist, then a fall on the SBS jump and things started to fall apart... I hope she's okay with all that very hard falls, it was sad to see them like this.

- Ziegler/Kiefer. Last time, I was watching with pleasure the Hello part, then it cut to Rolling in the Deep and things got bad. This time they had a bad start, then things got better. I still don't like how Rolling in the Deep got awkwardly lowered in pitch, but overall pretty okay.

- Pavliuchenko/Khodykin. They aren't my cup of tea (and sudden dubstep don't help...), but they do have the tech. Two falls (one being a freak fall), but spot-on SBS flips, sky high twists, and solid lifts make up for that. I congratulate them on their bronze, but my very biased self would like to see Sasha Boikova and Mitya Kozlovski at the finals... :slink:

- Efimova/Korovin. I have a soft spot for them, and although La Strada is a warhorse they do sell it quite well with child-like charm (especially Sasha Korovin, but I may be biased since I do like him a tiny bit more than Alisa E). Although they might not have the tech P/K have they do have good arsenal in their stores, namely great twists and lifts (they were wobbly on the last lift, but I've seen them often enough to know that it's not an usual thing). They just have to land their SBS jumps... :sad4:

- Della Monica/Guarise. I still miss Marchei/Hotarek, but they are doing pretty well as the no.1 Italian pair team. Their costumes... well, it's better than their SP costumes. On the performance, it wasn't flawless, but overall pretty impressive. I'm lukewarm on the program, but they do a good job with it, so no complaints on their going to finals.

- Tarasova/Morozov. I do have to congratulate that grit of Evgenia Tarasova's, to hit the ice hard enough to get an emergency visit to the hospital and to still pull off a performance enough to secure them gold (although it was kinda predetermined...). But it was surely not their best performance, of course with the circumstances I wasn't expecting their best, but stiffness is stiffness. And the black spot on her dress is still bothering me. Still, a better program than the short, and they got their Vancouver tickets confirmed.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wasn't able to watch this live - although I did catch up on the first group and T/M.

Our poor Aussie pair, the Triple Twist went super well and I was on the edge of my seat with fingers and toes crossed, but then it all went to Heck :( Poor Katia! She looks injured I hope she gets well very soon!

Mariam and Severin were really beautiful, I love their song choices...well the Hello more than Rolling in the Deep, is the last one still Adele, 'cause it doesn't sound quite like her!

Then I had to go to work and when I got home just now I managed to misread the Eurovisionsports page and though the Gala was about to beginning so I decided just to watch T/M. (I now see the Gala in fact starts in 3 hours - LOL fail)

They did so stunningly! :biggrin: Their triple twists are so huge! The throw landings were kind of rough, but Zhenya held on, go her, what a fighter! I'm not completely sold on the first part of the music yet - there seems to be too much of a pause between the notes, but I guess that builds things.

Also...Maxim Trankov in his little red bowtie...OMG...how adorable was that?! :love: :laugh2:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Was Ashley Cain ill? Her looking miserable and sick in the SP was expected given the flub on the throw... but in the LP she looked like she was going to hurl when she was doubled over. I really like the pair so I worry.