2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP

kallirroe

On the Ice
What a great surprise to hear someone to skate to that beautiful greek song (first half at least).

Και γω ενθουσιάστηκα πάρα πολύ όταν άκουσα ελληνικά !!! Δεν το περίμενα με τίποτα ειδικά σε ρωσικό διαγωνισμό...

The same in English:
And I was so excited to hear Greek !!! I did not expect something like that in a Russian contest

Last edited by a moderator:

starla16

Medalist
I don't care how badly she needs the JWC spot. She has to earn it. She hasn't so far this season and they don't have a BOW criteria.
If Tarakanova, Panenkova, or Shcherbakova are randomly placed behind her, I will be FURIOUS, ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS

a clean Gubanova will be on podium here, she needs the junior worlds ranking points to get a possible senior GP invitation next season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love both of my Nastya’s :love:

So happy they did well :eek::

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
a clean Gubanova will be on podium here, she needs the junior worlds ranking points to get a possible senior GP invitation next season.

So? A lot of other skaters need points, too, or a chance to up their SB.
A clean Gubanova is still behind clean Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Panenkova, and Shcherbakova, in my opinion, and these girls are usually incredibly consistent. She'll also be behind a messy Konstantinova, which I don't agree with.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I hope she holds it together!! I want her to get out of juniors and in front of international panels. She’ll fare really well IMO.

starla16

Medalist
I hope she holds it together!! I want her to get out of juniors and in front of international panels. She’ll fair really well IMO.

lets hope she skates like at senior russian nationals :pray:
her lutz is still an issue, but the rest she has been more stable the latter this season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Let's compare PCS from the short programme:

Gubanova: 33.18(Sr), 32.57(Jr) ==> -0.61
Kostornaia: 32.63(Sr), 32.26(Jr) ==> -0.37
Guliakova: 30.45(Sr), 30.31(Jr) ==> -0.14
Panenkova: 30.68(Sr), 30.02(Jr) ==> -0.64
Konstantinova: 33.78(Sr), 33.08(Jr) ==> -0.70

For all junior skaters who participated in the Russian Nationals, the scaling of PCS are quite consistent. Therefore, I believe that if Konstantinova was able to get 74PCS in the RusNats, there is high probability that she would be able to get a similar PCS with around 1 point less (but still way over 70 PCS) as according to the Sr-Jr scale.
I hope not. Usually the cap's much earlier. So while senior PCS might go from 61 for one skater to 78 for another, in juniors it really tends to stay even below 70. Of course, it depends on what they really want to do.

I don't care how badly she needs the JWC spot. She has to earn it. She hasn't so far this season and they don't have a BOW criteria.
If Tarakanova, Panenkova, or Shcherbakova are randomly placed behind her, I will be FURIOUS, ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS
Well, I agree in a sense. I think Tarakanova got quite lowballed here, which is why I think they're quite set on the Kostornaia-Gubanova-Trusova trio for junior worlds. Kostornaia being ahead of Tarakanova despite a fall is all one needs to know, really.

I guess Konstantinova could potentially spoil this, but if everyone in the top 3 skates clean I just don't know if even she can get enough PCS for that...

alvina9894

Final Flight
A clean Gubanova is still behind clean Trusova, Kostornaya, Tarakanova, Panenkova, and Shcherbakova, in my opinion, and these girls are usually incredibly consistent. She'll also be behind a messy Konstantinova, which I don't agree with.

A clean Gubanova has proven that she was in front of Panenkova from Russian Nationals.
Tarakanova and Kostornaia aren't perfect today, so I am fine with her being placed in front of them.
Trusova is rightfully leading.
Scherbakova... does not belong to this mix at the moment.

starla16

Medalist

those aren't senior eligibles except Panenkova
and for some reason, everyone just doesn't warm up to Panenkova, thus she is always get low scores like Rika Hongo of Japan.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Gubanova get fair score imo... Do you really think Panenkova/Tarakanova should get higher PCS than her? Maybe the gap shoudve been closerbut still... Panenkova also get 3F! While Tarakanova stumble on stsq...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Gubanova get fair score imo... Do you really think Panenkova/Tarakanova should get higher PCS than her? Maybe the gap shoudve been closerbut still... Panenkova also get 3F! While Tarakanova stumble on stsq...

Kostornaia fell...

I think that Tarakanova should be closer to the top 4, definitely. And, really, ahead of Kostornaia who fell.

As for Shcherbakova, I get why she wouldn't receive such high scores at this point in time. I guess losing to Panenkova by 0.15 points despite having zero international exposure is still quite alright. I have to wonder how the scores will develop during the FS.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
those aren't senior eligibles except Panenkova
and for some reason, everyone just doesn't warm up to Panenkova, thus she is always get low scores like Rika Hongo of Japan.

I warm up to Panenkova :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I do... Tarakanova has such a fire in her eyes, and Panenkova is so mature and perfectly controlled

tars

Record Breaker
Anna missing last group by 0.15 points... :sad4:
Stasya... :slink:

I'm not happy at all! :gaah:

PS. 1 Kostornaia 69 with a fall? :eek:
PS. 2 Nugumanova seemed happy and looked very neat - urs? :unsure:
PS. 3 Don't compare Tarakanova with Angel Gubanova please. :frown:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Checked the results just now. Seems Trusova and Stanislava did the expected. Then again Kostornaya fell? Never seen that happen before.

Jobeach

Spectator
1st Alexandra Trusova - 74.25
2nd Anastasia Gubanova - 72.10
3rd Alena Kostornaya - 69.88
4th Anastasia Tarakanova - 69.74
5th Anastasia Guliakova - 68.88
6th Darya Panenkova - 68.34