2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP

Shayuki

Record Breaker
The score have changed for a few... What happened??? Panenkova is not in final group for FP since she's 7th

Apparently they accidentally didn't give Vasilieva 1.1x bonus for one of her jump passes which gave her a bit over 1 point, if I understood correctly.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Apparently they accidentally didn't give Vasilieva 1.1x bonus for one of her jump passes which gave her a bit over 1 point, if I understood correctly.
yes, and didn't give bonus for Nugumanovy too for her 3lz

madison

Record Breaker
Vasilieva is a good jumper, I think she potentially try a quad or 3axel, but she needs better programs.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Vasilieva is a good jumper

Not just that at all. She is the fastest junior skater along with Tarakanova, maybe even faster. Her jumps were among of the best of this field. Her 3F+3Lo was one of the highlights of the night, better than Trusova's, although Trusova got higher GOE because of extra bullets for the split jump entry and hands over her head. In the free program Vasilieva's 2A+1lo+3F will be a highlight as well. Also her spins are beautiful and fast. She was robbed there, because she got the same low GOE for the spins as Shcherbakova and Trusova for their ugly and slow spins. This is a real robbery. But Vika's programs are the total crap. Skating skills are not so good, but her potential is amazing, and they burying her with these programs.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
nah wont read this thread
Stasya hate probs is spread throughout it :laugh:

alvina9894

Final Flight
Not just that at all. She is the fastest junior skater along with Tarakanova, maybe even faster. Her jumps were among of the best of this field. Her 3F+3Lo was one of the highlights of the night, better than Trusova's, although Trusova got higher GOE because of extra bullets for the split jump entry and hands over her head. In the free program Vasilieva's 2A+1lo+3F will be a highlight as well. Also her spins are beautiful and fast. She was robbed there, because she got the same low GOE for the spins as Shcherbakova and Trusova for their ugly and slow spins. This is a real robbery. But Vika's programs are the total crap. Skating skills are not so good, but her potential is amazing, and they burying her with these programs.

Come on, Shcherbakova and Trusova's spins aren't THAT bad
They're not amazing or impressive, I agree, but at least they are kind of centered and do have some speed

tars

Record Breaker
Doesn't even make sense... Shcherbakova has very good spins. And they're not slow either.
I mean, it might be her weakest element (yet!), but not to the 'ugly and slow' degree. :confused2:
Also all of you experts on skating skills, spins and effortless gliding - just wait and see, when Anna gains some body mass and starts using those edges and entries with full force to accelerate! :yes:
You'll come around pretty quickly.

alvina9894

Final Flight
I mean, it might be her weakest element (yet!), but not to the 'ugly and slow' degree. :confused2:
Also all of you experts on skating skills, spins and effortless gliding - just wait and see, when Anna gains some body mass and starts using those edges and entries with full force to accelerate! :yes:
You'll come around pretty quickly. :handw:

Ah, you finally agree that she lacks momentum, acceleration and clean edges.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Becoming better with clean edges and steps since returning(Moscow cup was really poor in this regard). Still a work in process. Acceleration might be considering the amount of crossovers, but she does actually gain decent speed unlike some others. Decent speed with plenty of crossovers vs poor speed with fewer crossovers - Hrm. I wonder how she'd do with a program that does have less of them, though. Momentum I can't really agree on as a whole, however. She's able to maintain speed quite well in relation to what she's doing. And considering how much she's improved in just two weeks, it's possible she'll be able to become quite a bit better still.

Something I'll note is that the new SP step sequence seems quite ambitious, which would likely imply that her coaching staff has significant confidence in her skating down the road. I wouldn't have expected her to skate something like that before seeing it.

tars

Record Breaker
Of course she lacks acceleration, as she lacks kilograms and muscles. Skaters use them to accelerate.
She's slowly developing kid and needs time, but her future looks very promissing imo.

starla16

Medalist

Scherbakova has better SS in hfor age than Medvedeva did but in terms of edges and skating skills
Kostornaia, Gubanova, Trusova and Trakanova are ahead of her.

hanca

Record Breaker
Of course she lacks acceleration, as she lacks kilograms and muscles. Skaters use them to accelerate.
She's slowly developing kid and needs time, but her future looks very promissing imo.

That’s not quite true. I have seen some very small and tiny skaters who wer extremely fast. Gedevanishvilly, for example (even pre-puberty).