2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies SP

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just meant that she got lucky in the fact that Konstantinova bombed, so she didn't get bumped into fourth. Alenka is my favorite junior skater, if not my favorite skater overall, so I was definitely sad to see her fall. I know she'll come back strong in the free skate though!

Grin

Medalist
I just meant that she got lucky in the fact that Konstantinova bombed, so she didn't get bumped into fourth. Alenka is my favorite junior skater, if not my favorite skater overall, so I was definitely sad to see her fall. I know she'll come back strong in the free skate though!
Konstantinova usually does several mistakes in one competition, that is why she is still in juniors despite being nearly the same age as Evgenia.

Elucidus

Match Penalty

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Hey Spiral of Miles, you made a mistake with thumbs up of voolfee's post. I'm pretty sure he/she meant by this that Gubanova is far ahead of Trusova in skating, musicality and artistry, so saying 'even' is quite nonsense. Knowing you're anti-Gubanova, your thumbs up is incorrect. :p

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
My personal favorites are Kostornaya, Tarakanova and Panenkova, so i'm a bit sad for Alena's mistake.

I like this time also the SP of Vasylieva and Kanysheva.
Trusova is still too much novice to my eyes, and i find both the SP of Gubanova and Gulyakova a bit too boring, imho.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Are there videos available? Need Nastya and Nas2ya videos if possible.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Oh dear...
I really wish I could get more excited about the best comp of the season but I can't

A well deserved lead for Sasha!!
I really don't see what's so special about Gubanova. Everyone loves her on here but her jump technique looks awful and her skating skills aren't all they're chalked up to be. I'd give the advantage to Kostornaya or Tarakanova any day.
So sad about Alena's fall. This really is an important comp and she needs to do well here. Still, she has the free ahead of her.
Why is Panenkova always so underscored?? And Tarakanova here as well, yes, she stumbled but still, this is ridiculous.
Konstantinova should have withdrawn here by the looks of that short. Of course she'll get Medvedeva-level PCS in the free :disapp: and somehow end up on the podium :dev2:
Was Anna clean?

May I ask, why do you have problems with so many non-Eteri skaters who compete against them? Kostner, Higuchi, now Gubanova, Konstantinova...

Also, I don’t think even Medvedeva should be getting Medvedeva-level PCS.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I love Higuchi...
I just don't get the hype around Kostner and Gubanova and I don't understand the PCS of Konstantinova, although I love watching her skating, but I don't want others to be like "oh, ew, Stasya's bad, she's only succeeding bc PCS"