2018 US Championships Sr. Short Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Short Dance

synteis

Medalist
I like seeing an ID duo that's really using extension and flexibility in their program.

(But as someone w dyed hair, I can only say that I wish her colourist had gone with something with a bit more depth and dynamism rather than this weird blink and miss it red.)

WeirwoodTreeHugger

On the Ice
When Zach was cuddling the puppy I shouted "puppers!" and my own dog perked up her head thinking I was talking to her. So cute.

I love Maia's dress. So colorful but not garish and tacky. Such a fast spin at the end of the program. Love!

Now on to the ladies where I'll have to do lots of sighing and shaking my head.

synteis

Medalist
When Zach was cuddling the puppy I shouted "puppers!" and my own dog perked up her head thinking I was talking to her. So cute.

I love Maia's dress. So colorful but not garish and tacky. Such a fast spin at the end of the program. Love!

Now on to the ladies where I'll have to do lots of sighing and shaking my head.

Yeah, I'm not ready for the nerves which are going to accompany the Ladies LP. My heart's definitely going to be broken its one point tonight.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
it was so much FUN with you guys:), a midnight approaching in Poland, I'm strong in my staying for Ladies;)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Oops, I had a bit of snack time because I was very hungry and needed strong coffee. And then I missed the whole last group. :laugh:

As citing from Grand Hochstein's lovely comment yesterday for Caroline "Love overcomes everything", I revise it like "Hunger overcomes everything, even my favorite hobby." :biggrin:

I hope there are available clips on YouTube. And the scores that Shibutanis received, 82! Wow...well, it's Nationals anyway.

TCAngel18

Medalist
And that is so true. And I'm sure the skaters try to avoid that or that messes with their head big time.

I think it’s beneficial actually. Knowing where you stand, apples to apples, against another team can help you really hone in on areas where you may need just a bit tightening up, taking mistakes out of the equation.

Especially with how close these 3 dance teams are, and how they’re essentially fighting for that Olympic Bronze Medal, having as much information at your fingertips as possible is smart, in my book.

TCAngel18

Medalist
I like this, a lot, but I still say they should have gotten 84. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. YAAASSS!!!!!!:yahoo:

I think it’s just enough of a slight inflation to make a statement of a high score to international contenders, but not as egregious an inflation as Italian Nationals.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Yes, you'd have to be blind to overlook Zach's twizzle error. Are they destined to be forever mistake-prone?

TCAngel18

Medalist
Yes, you'd have to be blind to overlook Zach's twizzle error. Are they destined to be forever mistake-prone?

Maybe they’re just getting them out of the way now to have that Bronze moment in Pyeongchang.

That was convincing, right?

lavender

Record Breaker
Jean Luc just did not seem that excited...after the skate. I love them but hey what do I know.