2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 145 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Who is JoJo?

Isn't a public apology to her for the misunderstanding enough? I would hope as a professional she would accept his professional apology. And I would hope Danil would be more careful in the future where his choreographic ideas might come from.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am sure that they will either scrap this program or do some event jointly with Jojo. In the first scenario this thunder in the glass of water will die down within a week. In the second one I am sure it will be a good PR for both parties involved.

And I just laugh that there will be some disciplinary action from Eteri's side. She is fully accustomed to the world where all the words and deeds of her and her team are under magnifying glass of those who just need pretext, any pretext. The first thing that comes to mind is Zhenya's 9/11 program when some angry fans wanted to spit on her not speaking about the lengthy outcry. So, I am sure that they all will just shrug off this one and as I said either scrap it or do a joint show. Or there is another possibility - Daniil will do a completely authentic choreo to this song. As for me, I personally did not like this jerking at all.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
i dont get it why she wants to reach the skater when she already talked with the choreographer.
and as i said, publicity is never enough.

Exactly, as I said, we don't know what she wrote her, we might even get surprised with something nice. How crazy would that be??

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
While I'm at it I want to comment on the GP assignments though the topic is done already. :laugh: I'm super happy for Sakhanovich getting one and her hard work being rewarded. Obviously she's had ups and downs last season so I hope she'll be able to use this chance. I'm also glad that Sotskova is not being dropped yet. It's sad that Gubanova is getting the short end of the stick but I hope she'll have some better results internationally next season since national results don't matter much when it comes to GP's. I'm not giving up on her yet.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Can I just say, there are some skating Instagram accounts that are clearly a little obsessed when it comes to that specific team, and seem to be very focused on nitpicking on every word or action, etc. not speaking about this situation in particular, but I’ve noticed it before when nothing even marginally serious happened, just nitpicking on facial expressions, some things torn out of context, etc .

As this situation is actually something serious, those accounts seem to go overboard with their reactions.

Not going to name any names, but these accounts are clearly seeming to have “the best day of their lives”, making posts about it and commenting malicious things (and that’s exactly what they commented under jojo’s post, that it’s the best day of their lives and she should destroy Daniil, also tagging Alina’s sponsors and all skaters and coaches worldwide).

Doesn’t look like this behavior is a result of actual concern about the situation, but probably coming from a very dark place of hate and obsession.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Agreed. This is a Danil issue not an Alina issue.

Absolutely. The problem is that she’s the one skating to it in public, so she will be the one attracting the people who do not know it was Daniil who choreographed this and hate on her. It wasn‘t a good idea of him to close the comments on his post or say he showed the video to her. That’s bringing her into this whole mess more than what’s already happened. Now everyone‘s going to Alina‘s instagram to criticize. It‘s the middle of the night for her, she‘s probably asleep right now, not knowing what‘s going on. I hope she closes the comments as soon as possible when she wakes up. She‘s 17, a minor, and it was Daniil who made the choreo. She should not be held accountable. I also think this comment of Jojo under Alina’s instagram wasn‘t necessary as Daniil already responded to her at this point but let‘s hope it‘s something nice...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Can I just say, there are some skating Instagram accounts that are clearly a little obsessed when it comes to that specific team, and seem to be very focused on nitpicking on every word or action, etc. not speaking about this situation in particular, but I’ve noticed it before when nothing even marginally serious happened, just nitpicking on facial expressions, some things torn out of context, etc .

As this situation is actually something serious, those accounts seem to go overboard with their reactions.

Not going to name any names, but these accounts are clearly seeming to have “the best day of their lives”, making posts about it and commenting malicious things (and that’s exactly what they commented under jojo’s post, that it’s the best day of their lives and she should destroy Daniil, also tagging Alina’s sponsors and all skaters and coaches worldwide).

Doesn’t look like this behavior is a result of actual concern about the situation, but probably coming from a very dark place of hate and obsession.

And this is exactly what I was talking about here:

Well, what I see people doing reminds me the line from Red Dwarf:

I know you're in that belt... somewhere... One little mistake... and you're mine...

Now looong waiting of all those who have some problem with Daniil, trough tens of choreographies, both in competition and for ex. And then finally...

The mistake is made... (according to them)

moriel

Record Breaker
Who is JoJo?

Isn't a public apology to her for the misunderstanding enough? I would hope as a professional she would accept his professional apology. And I would hope Danil would be more careful in the future where his choreographic ideas might come from.

No hope for being professional.
Professional attitude, in such situation, is to contact the supposed offender first, in private. Before posting it publically. And do not leave messages such as "chech your DM" and so on.
Just contact in private and try to solve.

As a side note, classy fans being classy.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2075167794/Screenshot_2019-06-23-01-48-32.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581350351903653909/592130503910490113/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581350351903653909/592110903613325322/IMG_20190623_005440.jpg

If i was Alina, I would sue.

icybear

Medalist
Apparently it wasn't the first time her choreography got stolen but probably the biggest case so she just had enough of it at this point. Bad luck for Daniil that it hit him but it is what it is.
Regarding the DM thing, I've seen one comment by Jojo under Alina's most recent post asking her to check her DM's. No one knows what she wrote to her but you automatically assume it's something evil? She knows she can't expect any cash since the choreo isn't copyrighted. Also some people here aren't aware that she's more popular than Alina so I doubt she needs this kind of PR.

She's already got an apology and credit from Daniil. What could she possibly want from Alina? An apology from her as well. Certainly not something positive though. Reminding her to check her dm publicly seems like she's urgent for something. And also I saw her liking comments saying that she should seek financial compensation and she made a big fuss about her choreo being stolen and shown on national tv. So maybe she thinks there could be talks of financial compensation because she somehow thinks Alina profited from her choreo?

moriel

Record Breaker
She's already got an apology and credit from Daniil. What could she possibly what from Alina? An apology from her as well. Certainly not something positive though. And also I saw her liking comments saying that she should seek financial compensation and she made a big fuss about her choreo being stolen and shown on national tv. So maybe she thinks there could be talks of financial compensation because she somehow thinks Alina profited from her choreo?

She is basically bullying Alina and Daniil to get attention and possibly some cash.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I'm disappointed in Danil for copying someone else's choreo, though I wonder how often it is done, and how often the offenders get called out on this. I hope Alina does not worry too much about this, and gets a new exhibition. Personally, I disliked the choreo in Bad Guy and thought it was very unusual for an Eteri girl to have such uninspired choreo. Now it all makes sense. Give our Olympic and World Champ better programs all around, please! And no, I don't think collaborating with Jo Jo is a good idea.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

That's true, unfortunately there are always a few black sheep but people seem to have trouble separating those Instagram trolls from the actually concerned users here and then this thread derails into endless discussions without any settlement. :(

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed in Danil for copying someone else's choreo, though I wonder how often it is done, and how often the offenders get called out on this. I hope Alina does not worry too much about this, and gets a new exhibition. Personally, I disliked the choreo in Bad Guy and thought it was very unusual for an Eteri girl to have such uninspired choreo. Now it all makes sense. Give our Olympic and World Champ better programs all around, please! And no, I don't think collaborating with Jo Jo is a good idea.

Agreed all the way around. Thank you for the best post on this subject.

Fluture

Record Breaker
No hope for being professional.
Professional attitude, in such situation, is to contact the supposed offender first, in private. Before posting it publically. And do not leave messages such as "chech your DM" and so on.
Just contact in private and try to solve.

As a side note, classy fans being classy.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2075167794/Screenshot_2019-06-23-01-48-32.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581350351903653909/592130503910490113/unknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581350351903653909/592110903613325322/IMG_20190623_005440.jpg

If i was Alina, I would sue.

She is basically bullying Alina and Daniil to get attention and possibly some cash.

Yes, because sharing some comments on Instagram, saying Alina needs to “sue“ them is a good idea.

She is not bullying Alina and Daniil. They took her choreo without asking and earned money from it and she called them out for it lol. I agree that the “DM me“ comment under Alina‘s pic wasn‘t necessary because Daniil had at this point already apologized but in no way is this bullying. We do not even know what she wants to say to Alina.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
JoJo did this before. Her modus operandi. Sorta. She saw few moves which looks like hers in some other dance videos and made the same drama in the past as well. There were like only 2 moves which had been used at the very beginning of Zag bad guy: 1. sitting&shaking pose 2. hand and head+neck combo. Thats it. The rest is vaguely questionable.