2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 200 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Petition for Nastya to train with Eteri’s team! (I don’t say that lightly either) She has all the right elements to be a perfect skater, she just needs the consistency. I’m sure the team would welcome such a talent?

I would think so but EG has so many girls senior and junior. Not sure they have the room for one more. Mishin needs a girl to add depth behind Liz and SS. And I think Nastya loves St. Petersburg much more than Moscow.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does Gubanova have the resources (i.e., money) to train overseas?

Why cant she train abroad and still represent Russia the way Zhenya does, Yagudin did and many many Russian tennis players have done?

Nastya would be a good stablemate for Alysa Liu! But getting her to California would be an issue.

Too bad Buyanova did it this way with such harsh words. Plushenko too the he bounced Nastya T. So classless. These kids say nothing bad about these coaches yet the coaches hammer them hard when they want.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Very shocked and upset about the news about Nastya. She was just in a photo with other CSKA girls 2 weeks ago and looked fine. I worry for her career.

I wonder if we will ever know the real reason why she was expelled. Sorry but I’m just not buying that physical fitness was the only reason Buyanova kicked her out. I wonder if a conflict stemmed from her not getting a GP assignment.

Maybe she can find a relative from Belarus. Their federation seemed to be open to having high level athletes from Russia represent them.

For sure No GP was a factor. It probably pissed Nastya off because she went to this coach to get a push from the fed not a push out the doors of CSKA. Buyanova probably told her she was skating in juniors again. Not good. Hope Nastya can recover from this blow. But to get embarrassed worldwide at 16 has to be hard on her confidence.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why cant she train abroad and still represent Russia the way Zhenya does, Yagudin did and many many Russian tennis players have done?

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

halulupu

Final Flight
Petition for Nastya to train with Eteri’s team! (I don’t say that lightly either) She has all the right elements to be a perfect skater, she just needs the consistency. I’m sure the team would welcome such a talent?

lol why should eteri do that? puberty problems, out of shape according to buyanova, teenager moods. eteri is not know for liking this kind of skaters. she rather sidelines them herself.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Turenko used to be Nastya's coach and coached her to 2nd place at JGPF, if I remember it correctly. But then Nastya left her for Buyanova to get that CSKA push.
But sadly, it didn't help.

You probably know the proverb "even the blind chicken sometimes finds a grain". Average doesn't mean that she can't have some good results with talented skaters, but I doubt that she could be among the top teams on whose shoulders stands the responsibility for the long-term success of country's athletes. I can be proven wrong of course and it will be only for good of russian ladies.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

You love Abba. Me too. Nastya skates with flow and ease the way Abba sings! ;)

I hope her career isn't DOA now. Strange timing. Nastya was not far from contending at the Russian Cup final in february. I think she was third after the SP. Now she doesnt have a coach.

All this news about Nastya basically getting fired has ruined my lunch. I hope she is okay and that her parents and friends protect her as such as possible. If anyone hear got humiliated at 16 the way Nastya did we would be in hiding totally crushed. Poor kiddo.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

Nastya would be a good stablemate for Alysa Liu! But getting her to California would be an issue.

Too bad Buyanova did it this way with such harsh words. Plushenko too the he bounced Nastya T. So classless. These kids say nothing bad about these coaches yet the coaches hammer them hard when they want.

Zhenya is very fortunate in that through all of her wins and podium finishes at major competitions, she was able to earn a lot of prize money, which undoubtedly helps her pay her training fees. Not to mention that she's adored by the Fed and had their support in making such a move. Since Nastya doesn't have the same background, she'd have to be independently wealthy to afford to move out of the country and pay all of the expenses that come with training under a top tier coach and living away from home.

ruga

Final Flight

Well, Evgenia was a 2 time World champion and Olympic silver medalist, so besides the money she earned in competitions and shows, she also was federation's favorite and could get bit more funding to cover the costs. I doubt Nastya could afford to move to another country let alone train with Orser or Raf as her achievements are nowhere near Medvedeva's. Also, it seems that it's very uncommon for Russian ladies' singles to move to train abroad.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
The fed has said many times that they don't fund Zhenya's training abroad - she gets the same as any national team member. The funding mostly comes from her winnings and sponsors.

Nastya isn't a well-established figure skater internationally, and unless her parents are rich or she switches countries, I don't see her going overseas.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
lol why should eteri do that? puberty problems, out of shape according to buyanova, teenager moods. eteri is not know for liking this kind of skaters. she rather sidelines them herself.

I‘m sure if Eteri wanted to and was up for this challenge, she could’ve improved Nastya‘s results significantly.
She wanted to help Elizabet and she did, although it looked like „mission impossible“ last year, but a year later Elizabeth is going into season as one of the favorites.
I just think, if she wants to do something, she can. If she had some motivation to make Nastya a top skater, I think she could’ve done it.

But her group is already packed with seniors and juniors, she simply doesn’t have free spots.
Auditioning for her group happens rarely and not many make it there. Maybe Nastya can try. But with Elizabeth, she went to Eteri summer camps every year, previously trained with Eteri before she was famous, so Eteri knew her well all along. With Nastya, there’s no such history of relationships, so that Eteri could take her in.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The fed has said many times that they don't fund Zhenya's training abroad - she gets the same as any national team member. The funding mostly comes from her winnings and sponsors.

Nastya isn't a well-established figure skater internationally, and unless her parents are rich or she switches countries, I don't see her going overseas.

But they fund her living and travels related to representation, which is pretty significant. Also, in this case I doubt that they would say everything just for not making it a precedens (live and train wherever you want, we will pay it everything generously). Yes to the rest, with very small name, no or insignificant sponsorship, very small money for winning competitions you only need some rich uncle who would pay for your trainings abroad.

andromache

Record Breaker
I am aware that Nastya does not have the privilege of Zhenya - she obviously doesn't have the winnings, sponsorships, show opportunities to earn enough money to train abroad, and she doesn't have an amazing reputation to get the fed support, either.

I guess I was basically asking if her family has enough money to send her to train overseas, since there are now so few options in Russia for her. I think she would do well with Raf, for example. I thought someone here who has more knowledge than me might have some idea.

If her family can't afford it (and they probably can't, considering that most families can't) maybe she instead represent a country that would be willing to pay her training expenses abroad?

But I think it is more likely that she will wind up with another Russian coach. Mishin would not be bad for her. But I don't think anyone other than Mishin has the room to take her who could also help her.

It's such a shame. I love her skating so much. She's so special.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
But they fund her living and travels related to representation, which is pretty significant. Also, in this case I doubt that they would say everything just for not making it a precedens (live and train wherever you want, we will pay it everything generously). Yes to the rest, with very small name, no or insignificant sponsorship, very small money for winning competitions you only need some rich uncle who would pay for your trainings abroad.

I'm not sure they're funding the apartment and such, as for the travels, they're funded for all skaters.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How is expensive would it be to go to Switzerland and train with Lambiel? She has the artistry and he would give her beautiful programs.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, Evgenia was a 2 time World champion and Olympic silver medalist, so besides the money she earned in competitions and shows, she also was federation's favorite and could get bit more funding to cover the costs. I doubt Nastya could afford to move to another country let alone train with Orser or Raf as her achievements are nowhere near Medvedeva's. Also, it seems that it's very uncommon for Russian ladies' singles to move to train abroad.

It could be Belarus Ukraine etc that would pay her way. it doesn't have to be America or Canada.

No one should panic now. Let the dust settle and see what happens. I thought Buyanova could help her with the fed and getting Nastya a push. But no way. Buyanova coaches athletes not artists and she doesnt even coach athletes well anymore.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I am aware that Nastya does not have the privilege of Zhenya - she obviously doesn't have the winnings, sponsorships, show opportunities to earn enough money to train abroad, and she doesn't have an amazing reputation to get the fed support, either.

I guess I was basically asking if her family has enough money to send her to train overseas, since there are now so few options in Russia for her. I think she would do well with Raf, for example. I thought someone here who has more knowledge than me might have some idea.

If her family can't afford it (and they probably can't, considering that most families can't) maybe she instead represent a country that would be willing to pay her training expenses abroad?

But I think it is more likely that she will wind up with another Russian coach. Mishin would not be bad for her. But I don't think anyone other than Mishin has the room to take her who could also help her.

It's such a shame. I love her skating so much. She's so special.

Agreed. 100%.

Atleast Nastya is away from Buyanva who has lost her touch with women.

Jeanie mentioned Lambiel. That would work well. :) I also think Mishin since he needs depth behind his top 2 and Nastya favors St. Petersburg. So...