2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 201 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

skatingfan200

Medalist
https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4275-o-raskhodakh-federatsii-na-podgotovku-evgenii-medvedevoj-v-kanade.html

I hope it helps.

Last fall last year, the President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation of Russia Alexander Gorshkov, responding to questions from the media, said that neither the Russian Ministry of Sport nor the Russian Federation of Figure Skating do not pay for the services of a new coach Evgenia Medvedeva- Canadian Brian Orser, but they provide training for Evgenia in the same aspects and in the same volume as other skaters of the main composition of the national team of the country. This includes travel of the athlete and coach for competitions and control activities conducted by the Federation, provision of equipment (boots, skates), costumes for trainings and competitions, payment for performances of competitive programs, rental of housing located close to training sites and, if necessary, payment consultation and treatment.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Let's not make fun with someones potential financial status.

I think Jeanie made a typo and meant to say "How expensive would it be .... ?"

Btw Maria Sotskova posted on IG stories that her FP will be 50 shades of gray and the SP To build a home (Papadakis and Cizeron had it as part of their FD 2015/16).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let's not make fun with someones potential financial status.

I was not making fun. I was asking if it would be financially possible to train in Switzerland. I don't have any idea about the costs. I just thought Lambiel could be an option.

ruga

Final Flight
At this point I think the only way Nastya will move to train abroad is if she decides to represent another country. Not only she doesn't have enough funding and savings, I assume that she doesn't want to leave her home and go thousands of kilometers away to a coach with no guarantee that her results will improve. Also, not sure why are we discussing this since she moved to St. Petersburg already.

Scott512

Record Breaker
At this point I think the only way Nastya will move to train abroad is if she decides to represent another country. Not only she doesn't have enough funding and savings, I assume that she doesn't want to leave her home and go thousands of kilometers away to a coach with no guarantee that her results will improve. Also, not sure why are we discussing this since she moved to St. Petersburg already.

So she left CSKA recently? Not say yesterday?

What coaches in St. Petersburg besides Mishin? Turenko? Nastya skated well for her 3 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not making fun. I was asking if it would be financially possible to train in Switzerland. I don't have any idea about the costs. I just thought Lambiel could be an option.

I would think if she went abroad Nastyas costs would be covered.

But she has an 8 year old little sister who is a promising figure skater so Nastya will not want to be far away from her. Moscow was probably far enough.

Figure skating is a touch sport. Not everyone can be 3A, Zhenya and Alina. Most fight for their skating lives every season. So so tough on these kids.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Didnt Buyanova botch things or help ruin Polina and Masha? Nastya could look back and think she was lucky to get away from this hack of a womens coach at age 16. Hopefully her career can still be saved. How can you make Polina Masha and Nastya worse and not better? Not good for the coaching rep of Buyanova. LOL!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
But they fund her living and travels related to representation, which is pretty significant. Also, in this case I doubt that they would say everything just for not making it a precedens (live and train wherever you want, we will pay it everything generously). Yes to the rest, with very small name, no or insignificant sponsorship, very small money for winning competitions you only need some rich uncle who would pay for your trainings abroad.
As far as I know they pay the same things they would pay any other skater too .

Georgya

On the Ice
It could be Belarus Ukraine etc that would pay her way. it doesn't have to be America or Canada.

No one should panic now. Let the dust settle and see what happens. I thought Buyanova could help her with the fed and getting Nastya a push. But no way. Buyanova coaches athletes not artists and she doesnt even coach athletes well anymore.

Don't want to be offensive, but how would be helpfull to train in Belarus or Ukraine? Competing for these countries I get, but training? Lots of people leave these countries to train in Russia. I mean Russia is not perfect but she has amazing rings, modern training facilities, expertise and so on. If you leave Russia go to Canada, US, Japan. Or at least western Europe, France, Germany, Switzerland.

Edit: My bad. You meant Belarus or Ukraine paying for her training in US or Canada... I still think is hard, she loses more than she gains from these options. I can see France, Germany, UK properly funding a skater like that, Belarus and Ukraine not so much :(

Georgya

On the Ice
My take on Anastasia. Gubanova and Nugumanova (and to some extent Alexandra Proklova) are one of the biggest disappointments in terms of career management. Comparing with them, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova (as well as retired), Radionova (idem) had short careers but won titles, something important. Elizaveta and Anastasia were so promising, huge talents a couple of years ago, it seamed success for them was just a question of time. I can't believe things went so wrong for both.

Concerning Gubanova, the feeling of anxiety did not leave me from the moment she announced her transfer to CSKA. I didn't like her programs last season, her form was inconsistent and that coach didn't help her at all, nor artistically, nor technically, nor politically. If Tarasova or her parents pushed her for this decision because of faster results it went spectacularly wrong. I still hope Anastasia will find a coach and everything will turn out for her.

I didn't have high hopes for Polina Tsurskaya and Maria Sotskova after they joined CSKA, both were so undertrained last season, bland programs, Sotskova was 100 times more interesting during junior years with that "Pina"/ "Winter" programs, Polina had better programs and jumps with Eteri. So many wrong decisions. Now I pray for Anna Tarusina.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Don't want to be offensive, but how would be helpfull to train in Belarus or Ukraine? Competing for these countries I get, but training? Lots of people leave these countries to train in Russia. I mean Russia is not perfect but she has amazing rings, modern training facilities, expertise and so on. If you leave Russia go to Canada, US, Japan. Or at least western Europe, France, Germany, Switzerland.

Edit: My bad. You meant Belarus or Ukraine paying for her training in US or Canada... I still think is hard, she loses more than she gains from these options. I can see France, Germany, UK properly funding a skater like that, Belarus and Ukraine not so much :(

She could still train in Russia and represent another country. Others do it. Lilbet for example. Yes training in Ukraine or Belarus would not be at the level of training in Russia. But Nastya may not have a choice. Has she already found another coach? We wont know until plan B is revealed.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
My take on Anastasia. Gubanova and Nugumanova (and to some extent Alexandra Proklova) are one of the biggest disappointments in terms of career management. Comparing with them, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova (as well as retired), Radionova (idem) had short careers but won titles, something important. Elizaveta and Anastasia were so promising, huge talents a couple of years ago, it seamed success for them was just a question of time. I can't believe things went so wrong for both.

Concerning Gubanova, the feeling of anxiety did not leave me from the moment she announced her transfer to CSKA. I didn't like her programs last season, her form was inconsistent and that coach didn't help her at all, nor artistically, nor technically, nor politically. If Tarasova or her parents pushed her for this decision because of faster results it went spectacularly wrong. I still hope Anastasia will find a coach and everything will turn out for her.

I didn't have high hopes for Polina Tsurskaya and Maria Sotskova after they joined CSKA, both were so undertrained last season, bland programs, Sotskova was 100 times more interesting during junior years with that "Pina"/ "Winter" programs, Polina had better programs and jumps with Eteri. So many wrong decisions. Now I pray for Anna Tarusina.

CSKAs rep is down the drain after Polina Masha and Nastya. OMG awful. Buyanova did npt hep any of them. Amazing. Awful.

I kind of liked Nastyas SP last year. It had a jazzy feel and was different and she scored in the mid 70s a couple times I think. Very respectable I just hope her next coach helps her not hurts her career. Thiis beautiful talented girl has had 4 coaches in 4 years when she gets her next coach. I wish she never left Turenko 3 years ago. Bad move in retrospect. She gave Nastya Romeo and Juliet for an LP and she did one of the best in recent memory. :) Would Turenko take her back? 16 is young. But not so young with the Russian girls. 16 inladies Russian figure skating is like 20 for girls in USA or Canada.

Georgya

On the Ice
You could put her old SP music over the video and I would not notice a difference.

Not my cup of tea, BUT 1. She can sell this style so well 2. You can tell she's having fun with. 3 She has a lot of personality.

It may be a generic, empty program but it doesn't kill me like Sotskova's last year programs.

Georgya

On the Ice
Was there a russian skater which switched countries and had some sort of success? Can someone offer an example? Really curious:confused:

Only one I can think of is Marina Anissina. She and Peizerat won two Olympic medals, one of them gold for France.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Was Gubanova only expelled from Buyanova‘s team or from CSKA (the club) altogether? Because if the former is the case, she might be able to simply switch to Sokolovskaya‘s (?) group where Masha is training at the moment.

But if she‘s not in Moscow anymore... only Mishin and Turenko are options, right?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was Gubanova only expelled from Buyanova‘s team or from CSKA (the club) altogether? Because if the former is the case, she might be able to simply switch to Sokolovskaya‘s (?) group where Masha is training at the moment.

But if she‘s not in Moscow anymore... only Mishin and Turenko are options, right?

Or Rukavicin, Leonova's coach