2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 544 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Orlov

Medalist
Quite nice score by Leonova. I have soft spot for her.

This is "home" score. Have you seen her performance? Сuz i saw. No one will ever give her 67+ PCS for this FP at international competitions. If it was an international competition she would have about 180

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
This is "home" score. Have you seen her performance? Сuz i saw. No one will ever give her 67+ PCS for this FP at international competitions. If it was an international competition she would have about 180

That may be true. But at least this type of score whould be enough for her to qualify to RusNats, don't you think?

SXTN

Final Flight
No one can say she isn't trying. It is positively shocking to see how responsive Team Mishin is being to feedback from judges. It makes you wish they had done so long before it got to this point.

Exactly.

It's tragic. They knew what was coming this year with Sasha, Anna and Alena and you can't say they haven't prepared themselves for that over the summer. But Liza had to be right there from the first competition on to build her second mark and "champion" reputation, but already after the challengers she is a question mark in the judges' eyes obviously. PR/marketing also doesn't work in Team Mishin: You just can't skate your SP to a completely different music than it's supposed to and admit it publicly. This is making fun of the second mark. Plus: Last year, Liza gave an interview where she states that her programs usually start after the 3A. You can't do that and then go out the next season and do the same thing again. Even if they respond to the judges' feedback now, it is too late since the message was also clear last year.

And now self desctruct mode is activated again: Stepping back to the "easy" 3T+3T, no realiable 3-3 in the long and generally playing aroung with the jump content (like they always do). Judges never know what to expect from her and this is not good.

Of course us skating fans always know better but I feel she needed to go out this season and lay everything on the table from the first competition on, including a shorter setup for her axels, a stable (and difficult) 3-3 and high BV programs throughout without holding back or changing around every competition. Always show the judges your maximum if you succeed or not.

neud

Match Penalty
That may be true. But at least this type of score whould be enough for her to qualify to RusNats, don't you think?
No. It is not even a "home Russian" score. It is a "home St Peterburg" score. There's a big difference. No one in Russia takes those scores seriously.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
No. It is not even a "home Russian" score. It is a "home St Peterburg" score. There's a big difference. No one in Russia takes those scores seriously.

Ok, I understand. It's a pity that this "home"-scoring exists though, it doesn't really help the skaters to develop if they need to...

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Sorry for the offtop. I am writing here as I am sort of the "father" of Russian ladies thread and it is the one where I post most often. Today I lost the access to forums in all browsers but one and it has nothing to do with getting past the infraction limit. I tried different computers, smartphones and providers - the result is the same - the blank screen. If this last one fails as well and I cannot read and post any longer - it was a good fun being here for the last almost 6 years!

Or may be it is just a temporary issue which will be resolved somehow. Then sorry again for bringing panic.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
To judge by the practice reports from Las Vegas our little Crystal Fairie turned Firebird Fierce is going after a win :)

Hope Anna Shcherbakova will manage to put her stamp on the ladies singles competition by repeating those quads in competing and win.

zounger

Medalist
Sorry for the offtop. I am writing here as I am sort of the "father" of Russian ladies thread and it is the one where I post most often. Today I lost the access to forums in all browsers but one and it has nothing to do with getting past the infraction limit. I tried different computers, smartphones and providers - the result is the same - the blank screen. If this last one fails as well and I cannot read and post any longer - it was a good fun being here for the last almost 6 years!

Or may be it is just a temporary issue which will be resolved somehow. Then sorry again for bringing panic.

There are other members too who experienced the same problem. This should be addressed to moderators to look on it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does anyone know how many entries the host nation can have in a Challenger Series Event? There seems to be no limit - Belarus have five entries at Ice Star this weekend.

What if Russia can get a Challenger Event? And send 10 Ladies??

5 entries for Belarus? That really p@sses me off. How does Russia not have any challenger? They should have more than one.

Credit to Anna on going for it the way she's planning to. She really is the most delicate of all the girls but we should not underestimate her. She has some Tigress in her. It's not just Sasha. I saw a video of her the other day from a couple years ago when she had a broken leg and was walking on crutches with her leg in a cast. Anna has sure come far since then. And having had a broken leg at like 13 years old hasn't fazed her at all she keeps doing tougher and tougher moves. Amazing.

Scott512

Record Breaker

It sounds confusing as to what's happening. But you can't leave here after almost six years of posting.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I like both but personally i think Nugumanova should have been ahead of Gulyakova.

Super happy for Leonova.

Decoder

On the Ice

Of course it is just a system hiccup. When the issue is resolved, please let us know.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice job by Leonova. Besdies the UR's she isn't get full points on the step sequence and her spins are not only shakey but not level 4's. I really hope they give her something plus Nationals. She really has a nice performance quality - I think Liza and Sofia could learn from. The one very sad thing about the state of Russian ladies is that normally Alina and Evgenia would be considered amazing skaters. But now Evgenia is not even considered in the running really for worlds. It is a great luxury Russia has right now. I mean the current Olympic and World Champion is right now on the bubble for the world team. The two time world champion and Olympic silver medallist is almost considered not even in the game. And a former world medallist is going to be lucky to make it to Nationals! Wow.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nice job by Leonova. Besdies the UR's she isn't get full points on the step sequence and her spins are not only shakey but not level 4's. I really hope they give her something plus Nationals. She really has a nice performance quality - I think Liza and Sofia could learn from. The one very sad thing about the state of Russian ladies is that normally Alina and Evgenia would be considered amazing skaters. But now Evgenia is not even considered in the running really for worlds. It is a great luxury Russia has right now. I mean the current Olympic and World Champion is right now on the bubble for the world team. The two time world champion and Olympic silver medallist is almost considered not even in the game. And a former world medallist is going to be lucky to make it to Nationals! Wow.
Interesting comments.

Alina isn't on the bubble for the world team. She will be the first or second choice. I can only see Sasha ahead of her of all the Russian girls. Alyiona and Anna we'll have to have fantastic debut seasons to even surpass the reigning and defending world champion. I think both have a chance to do that but it's asking a lot of them. It's funny how people think 3A is getting better and is going to take over everything but most dont think Alina is getting better. It kind of makes you go hmmmm.

If it comes down to Alina making worlds or Anna or Alena Rusfed will send Alina.

Sadly I see Stanislava and Sofia taking a step back this year partly just because of the incredible depth of the Russian ladies. I think Evgenia will be very solid to very good. Liza T is p@ssed off and out for blood so I expect her to be outstanding. But we may see her upset with scores from time to time liking her Challenger already. Sadly I have very little hope for anyone named Anastasia. :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Hey, I have the same problem as you today. When I logged out, I saw everything, but when I was logged in, everything I saw was the upper barn and the rest was grey no matter the tab I was in. I have firefox, google chrome and IE and it happened in all of them, thanks to you I tried opera and it works. So I suppose I will have fourth browser for GS exclusively :biggrin:
(well, I hope it's some kind of temporary bug and the other browesr will work again, I tried to contact admin and describe the troubles)

Sorry for OT, but some other users may have the same troubles, so let there is a chance for them to read it here.:eek:topic: