2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 575 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
True. You should get involved with the legal profession and get this done!

All true.

Zhenya can and will find her world bronze medal form from March. But it has to be by Russian Nationals.
True, and at that point I think we can all see that it is not a technical problem, she can do the jumps just fine, and literally even if she was like Sasha with technical contend it would not matter cause at this point it is something within herself that is in her way. And I think it would have been the same even if she stayed with eteri . At the end of the Olympic season she was literally broken, bodily with multiple injuries and mentally, she is basically stitching herself back together, she and every other athlete are also human, and it's is human to break apart at soempoint in your life. She isn't just an innocent 16 year old anymore, and she can never go back to it mentally either, she experienced too much and has grown as it should be, where she jumped and jumped and jumped her jumpsrepeatedly in the past with out really being scared of injury she will probably now have it in her thoughts that her body is not superhuman and that her bones can break, that she has the injury in her back which is the reason even if she healed up now that she can never ever do a bielmann again, and hers was a great one, one element that brought her points which she can't do anymore but her competion can.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Medvyedeva has to make do with what is left available to her. Learning new difficult skills and 'unlearning' old technique takes time, but with Russian figure skating advancing jump by jump because of the Khrustalniy Amazing Aces, all older skaters have troubles keeping up, or even catching up.

How to survive this season unscathed, unbroken, when next season the 2005 born skaters like Sinitsyna will fight for their place on the national selection? Just don't lose courage, don't give up, don't stop believing in yourself. Easier said than done obviously, and here a solid support network is necessary.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Medvyedeva has to make do with what is left available to her. Learning new difficult skills and 'unlearning' old technique takes time, but with Russian figure skating advancing jump by jump because of the Khrustalniy Amazing Aces, all older skaters have troubles keeping up, or even catching up.

How to survive this season unscathed, unbroken, when next season the 2005 born skaters like Sinitsyna will fight for their place on the national selection? Just don't lose courage, don't give up, don't stop believing in yourself. Easier said than done obviously, and here a solid support network is necessary.

Maria Butyrskaya said something very important in an interview a few months back. That you always have to focus on yourself. Each year there will always be a new generation of skaters that will hunt you, it's just the way it is, but you have the upper hand - experience.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I couldn't care less about the dresses the ladies are wearing. For all I care, they can skate in an astronaut suit or something.

But I have to say, and this is strange as I usually don't care - Sasha's new blue dress is not an improvement. :slink:

Scott512

Record Breaker
True, and at that point I think we can all see that it is not a technical problem, she can do the jumps just fine, and literally even if she was like Sasha with technical contend it would not matter cause at this point it is something within herself that is in her way. And I think it would have been the same even if she stayed with eteri . At the end of the Olympic season she was literally broken, bodily with multiple injuries and mentally, she is basically stitching herself back together, she and every other athlete are also human, and it's is human to break apart at soempoint in your life. She isn't just an innocent 16 year old anymore, and she can never go back to it mentally either, she experienced too much and has grown as it should be, where she jumped and jumped and jumped her jumpsrepeatedly in the past with out really being scared of injury she will probably now have it in her thoughts that her body is not superhuman and that her bones can break, that she has the injury in her back which is the reason even if she healed up now that she can never ever do a bielmann again, and hers was a great one, one element that brought her points which she can't do anymore but her competion can.
that point you made about how Zhenya can't go back to that invincible mentality at 16 years old is the truth. I guess this will happen with 4A like it has with every other elite skater. But if you combined that mentality with what Zhenya has now skating wise she would be a threat to the top. I do wonder how she can learn a quad with her mental state being more fragile than it used to be. But she has to try to do it. Right?

I've heard others mention a sports psychologist for Zhenya. I guess she could look into it if she's open-minded about it. But we just don't know what she thinks about it. Although it is possible that she could divulge her true feelings to people other than parents or coaches and that might help her.

Hoping she fights through the nerves and is really good today. Does she even remember that she beat Rika at Worlds? Evgenia should have more confidence than she does we all agree with that.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I couldn't care less about the dresses the ladies are wearing. For all I care, they can skate in an astronaut suit or something.

But I have to say, and this is strange as I usually don't care - Sasha's new blue dress is not an improvement. :slink:
There's no appropriate dress for Sasha. Except maybe the gym suit she wears in practice like the one barehanded she used at Russian Open test skating.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Maria Butyrskaya said something very important in an interview a few months back. That you always have to focus on yourself. Each year there will always be a new generation of skaters that will hunt you, it's just the way it is, but you have the upper hand - experience.

Obviously, Experience. But this doesn't matter if you can't deliver. Medvyedeva living and training abroad can only be sustained by being a member of the 7 member national team and all the benefits this gives her, unless a really committed and powerful sponsor is found. So much depends on a continuous presence in the top of every competition she is assigned to. One mistake can happen, but it will put even more pressure on her to achieve those results next time and maintain that permanent presence, threat even. Carefree time is over and that goes for Tuktamysheva and #TeamMishin too. You need to be both strong of character yourself and have a solid support network to bear this pressure.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
that point you made about how Zhenya can't go back to that invincible mentality at 16 years old is the truth. I guess this will happen with 4A like it has with every other elite skater. But if you combined that mentality with what Zhenya has now skating wise she would be a threat to the top. I do wonder how she can learn a quad with her mental state being more fragile than it used to be. But she has to try to do it. Right?

I've heard others mention a sports psychologist for Zhenya. I guess she could look into it if she's open-minded about it. But we just don't know what she thinks about it. Although it is possible that she could divulge her true feelings to people other than parents or coaches and that might help her.

Hoping she fights through the nerves and is really good today. Does she even remember that she beat Rika at Worlds? Evgenia should have more confidence than she does we all agree with that.
I mean we have seen zhenya beeing amazing at practice so the skills are all there, so yes I think that if she somehow can again overcome her mental thing she could be a threat, and if she gets the 4s and somehow gets back to her last year's world mental stage ( especially her mental stage) ready for rusnat than she can also be a threat here, no matter how many in here would count her out, . What got me was that in one of her latest interviews she said that for her it's not her against everyone else, it's her against herself at this point. That she needs to look in the mirror and needs to learn how to love herself or soemthing like that , that little information is all we need to know how she has been mentally the past years, and yes i mean years, no matter what front she showed in public I bet that inside herself it was completely different

ruga

Final Flight
I don't care much about dresses either but I think both of Sasha's outfits are great. Design-wise I like the purple one but I assume the blue outfit resembles one of the Daenerys' iconic outfits (I haven't watched GOT but I remember seeing her wear a blue dress quite a few times).

Skate Canada appears to be a very tough tournament with at least 3 realistic finalists. And today's free program will be very very intriguing for many reasons.

Amei

Record Breaker
Rika doesn’t have a lutz in the short bc she’s currently injured. Kaori’s loop is the best in the field. Evgenia needs the highest tech possible to compete with the other Russian ladies, but the lutz hasn’t worked out for her so I agree she should go back to the loop

Hopefully they are using the GP as a testing ground - if the lutz is always called then for nationals take it out - she needs the highest tech she's capable of but she's not capable in competition right now to keep the lutz edge from getting called, go for a jump she can do and get high GOE which she needs to have a shot at the podium. I hope Shcherbakova does the same thing with her loop, while I think the UR calls at Skate America were questionable and Lombardia was flat wrong the judges are marking it UR and she'd do better to change the loop out for something that she's can do with little chance of the UR call and get positive GOE.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Don't mind me just super emotional that Zhenya was clean and Sasha broke 100 TES. :clap:

icybear

Medalist
Congrats Alexandra for that amazing fs. How she got back up after that crunching fall on the 4S to land 3 more quads is beyond me. I swear Eteri must be feeding her steel. Her mentality is remarkable. Though I must disagree with the pcs. I did not feel her connection to the music at all throughout the program. About 63-64 pcs would have been more reasonable. Congrats anyway.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Skate Canada was insane!

Impressive for Sasha - surpassed 100 in TES and smashing records everywhere.

Redemption for Zhenya! Interestingly, she scored higher than Liza did last week, but is in 5th compared to Liza's 3rd. Her placement here did her no favors unfortunately and Liza's GPF chances are vastly more likely, even if Medvedeva massively outscores Liza in overall totals.

Sad for Serafima - she looked desolate after her skate :(

starla16

Medalist
Medvedeva needs to skate outside of Canada next season seems she gets jinxed there, also she should hope she gets a Cup of Russia inflation so she gets 2 GP assignments next season. I dont think she has high chance of making the Worlds or Euros team, she is more inconsistent now than Zagitova was last season. Shes done.