2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 711 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
ISU needs to block comments just like they had to do with live chats.
The comments section on both Zhenya and Sasha's FS videos are an absolute cesspit. Disgusting.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The comments section on both Zhenya and Sasha's FS videos are an absolute cesspit. Disgusting.

I fully agree. The same is happening in the 1tv live streams on YouTube, totally disgusting and a disgrace to the facilitator of the live stream.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

I don't think ISU can do anything with that besides blocking videos for copyright claims which would be bad for us, given how slow is ISU to update the contents on youtube, those videos are our only way to rewatch these performances or for those who missed the event live.

Youtube (Google) also doesn't seem to care, i mean they are the same people who still have ISIS videos and despite dislikes and requests to close them, many are still there.

It should be up to the person who uploaded the contents to remove certain offensive comments.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I don't think ISU can do anything with that besides blocking videos for copyright claims which would be bad for us, given how slow is ISU to update the contents on youtube, those videos are our only way to rewatch these performances or for those who missed the event live.

Youtube (Google) also doesn't seem to care, i mean they are the same people who still have ISIS videos and despite dislikes and requests to close them, many are still there.

It should be up to the person who uploaded the contents to remove certain offensive comments.

I don't think this is true. The facilitator of the live stream, or the uploader of a video, has the option to disable chat and comments. Many make us of this, and more should.

Scott512

Record Breaker
While this is true, and I kind of hope she does go back to three quads for bigger competitions this year (no matter how gorgeous her 4S is when she lands it :( ), Sasha has proved me wrong in the past. I remember at her first Junior Worlds, I saw the planned content of two quads and I thought she and her coaches must be crazy to put two in before she had landed a clean one internationally. And then of course, she landed them both and set all of those records and made history. She could've easily won the competition with one quad, but that was not the course she took. Last season, she probably could've gone cleaner in a lot more comps if she'd just gone for a one or two quad layout. But by practicing the three quad layout in a lot of junior competitions, she got it down for her senior ones. The same thing applies now; three clean quads will win her any comp, but maybe she's practicing getting the 4 quad layout down for the Olympic season. You don't want to be experimenting with anything then - and who knows how many quads Kamila, Alysa, Anna, Rika, etc. will be doing by then. Sasha and her team are playing the long game.

That being said, 3 quads will win her every competition this season if she does them cleanly, and so far the 4lz and 4ts have been great. She has to find the right balance of preparing for the future and winning now. If she has two falls like she did today, the scores say that a clean Alyona would win (don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind her winning though, I just wish there were a way for them to all simultaneously win). And thats using the scores from stingy GP of France. Alyona has shown that she can score a 160, and has the potential to score into the 80s for a short program. If Alyona is clean, Trusova will have to be on her A game to win. Thats why I hope she goes back to the 3 quad layout at least for Worlds and maybe GPF. Then maybe use RusNats and Euros to practice the harder 4 quad layout at.
like you said Sasha and her team especially her parents need to find the right balance and play the long game as you put it. I still haven't fully recovered from Adelina and Yulia being competitively done by 18. I hate to sound like a broken record or be like a cat chasing its tail but there's no reason for Dashs to do four quads at some of these competitions.

On a side note I hate to see some of the negativity she's getting online. I hope she is shielded from it.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Considering the popularity of skating in Russia right now, and how these girls are in the media constantly, I’m sure her coach, family and agent have all the girls protected from social media feedback. If not, she better toughen up fast. Not everyone will be her fan. Look at the comments from certain posters on this post alone about skaters they dislike. I feel for ANY skater being verbally attacked by someone hiding behind a computer.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Why so defensive? nusscacker wasn't by any means generalizing Zhenya fans as sore losers. They were saying the people commenting vile things on Trusova's videos are sore losers. No one is trying to start fan wars, just trying to condemn unnecessary cruelness towards a 15 year old
Exactly.

I don't think this is true. The facilitator of the live stream, or the uploader of a video, has the option to disable chat and comments. Many make us of this, and more should.

I sometimes see videos on YouTube where are the comments section are disabled. Maybe whoever creates these sites for the ISU needs to have a warning about if people start writing vicious or vile comments about skaters they will have their account removed or comments will be disabled for everyone.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
3 things from Akatieva's presentation

Brave to keep trying ultra level jumps after falling

Unfortunately, she is not like Trusova, Trusova not have only courage, also 100% concentration to recover after any fall

And the negative, Eteri's haters are going to hang on this to criticize her for "forcing" a girl to jump quads and 3A ... I can already imagine the hundreds of videos that will come out of this saying that Eteri is a devil for forcing them to jump until their legs are broken.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Did I miss something with Akatieva? Or is this in the exhibition at RC that hasn't been aired yet?

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Why is it so hard to not read the comments when watching Youtube videos? Just click full screen - enjoy - close it when done. Unless it helps burn calories :laugh:, why bother getting so worked up over what some anonymous randos say over the internet?

I envy the amount of spare time you guys have!

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
3 things from Akatieva's presentation

Brave to keep trying ultra level jumps after falling

Unfortunately, she is not like Trusova, Trusova not have only courage, also 100% concentration to recover after any fall

And the negative, Eteri's haters are going to hang on this to criticize her for "forcing" a girl to jump quads and 3A ... I can already imagine the hundreds of videos that will come out of this saying that Eteri is a devil for forcing them to jump until their legs are broken.

The girl is 12 years old, give her a break

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The girl is 12 years old, give her a break

For Sonya, this is an amazing event, perhaps for the first time in her life, and she will probably remember this for a long time. So why not let her and others have fun this evening as much as they want and how they love to do it. After all, figure skating is their whole life and skating with this huge crowd with enthusiasm welcoming all the participants, these are the best moments for them.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Wasn't it Sasha's team who stepped in and told her to change her 3Lz-3L combo in the SP? So much for forcing skaters to do things they don't want to do at the expense of their health and well being.
She still attempted it in the FS though lol

Sasha is stubborn