2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 849 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

desp

Rinkside
Well, RUSADA lost its accreditation, despite being fully complaint and trusted since its restructuring. But all their test results were annulled, right? So if those foreigners have no other test results than RUSADA's, they are at the mercy of WADA.
No, RUSADA hasn't lost its accreditation. It lost so called "compliance". It is still fully functional, it's tests are admitted by WADA.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, RUSADA hasn't lost its accreditation. It lost so called "compliance". It is still fully functional, it's tests are admitted by WADA.

Thanks for clarifying. Their test results are still considered trusted.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In all ISU competitions there can be random tests but the top three medalists are always tested. So Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva will also have been tested in China, the USA and Canada.

This happens in CS competitions too.

It is probably true. But I will be more calm when the list will be updated.

Tahuu

On the Ice
Now that the RusFed (deep state of it) get rid off the “mistake”, figure skating in Russia can go back to its normality. Where Tat’s and Mats are happy and the beloved ones are pleased. Don’t expect more than one of the 3A to be on the team for worlds. This is for their fans just not to be get hurt. I will just pass the words of Arutyunyan. Most of all enjoy Russian ladies figure skating.

Arutyunyan was distracted by Hanyu, Gleichengauz, Dudakov and then returned to me and continue talking about… Zagitova: “I heard such words: “Zagitova should have been retired (stop). How can you speak like that? She just started to skate beautifully, its pleasure to watch her. What retirement (stop)? As a spectator and as a coach I don’t want her to retire. I don’t know what can be done for this…”

Rafael nothing can be done for this, the decisions have been made. The only case will be if they will need her again...

P.S ... I remember how Rafael was dancing with his fingers, wearing his hat, by the board in one of the training's of Alina in Grenoble, when her FS step sequence started.

Is that true?

Imagine if Alina is no longer needed by Russia in international competitions because they have too many better skaters but she still hopes to compete at Worlds and Olympics. And imagine Alina moves to America and trains with Raf and Nathan, and represents USA in a year at Worlds and in six years in the Olympics. What a dream!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Is that truth?

Imagine if Alina is no longer needed by Russia in international competitions because they have to many better skaters but she still hope to compete at Worlds and Olympics. And imagine Alina moves to America and trains with Raf and Nathan, and represents USA in a year at Worlds and in six years in the Olympics. What a dream!

Puh-lease. If Med was called a traitor for moving to Canada, then Zagitovas head would be called for for moving to Russia's numero uno enemy.

That's being said, the drama would break this forum.

thedude

On the Ice
Disconcerting discovery, but one could assume with ISU knowing what was going on with RUSADA and WADA they might have had the foresight to test more figure skaters? But one cannot single out Russian figure skaters just for precaution, can they?

I've read that the Russian hockey team used foreign accredited labs to be cleared for the Olympics and IIHF tournaments. This way the athletes have history of cleared tests. I'm assuming this is the case for most Russian athletes.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I don't get it - why would anyone (Rusfed or Eteri) want to retire Alina? Ok, there are the 3As, who are very impressive and dominant, but wouldn't Rusfed (or/and Eteri) want a spare in case an injury or sudden rapid growth of one of the 3A? Besides, Alina is an international star, Olympic champion, the beautiful and innocent face of Russian sport. She is big in Japan, the PM meets her when she goes, Shiseido is launching a limited collection with her name and face, etc. etc. This is all good publicity for Russian sport (quite needed at the moment) and for Eteri's school.
My question is what would they possibly gain from Alina's retirement? What would they lose if she continues to compete and occasionally medal? Yes, there were rumours during the GPF, but a forced retirement makes no sense.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Pff, I am feeling a little relieved, so Aleksandra, Anna and Alyona have a sufficient number of clean samples in their WADA records and should be safe from exclusion.
That's a damn shame we have to even worry about stuff like this. These girls have enough to do to be on point for their performances not to worry about outside stuff like drug tests.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Given that #TeamTutberidzeForProgress is now at the center of attention and involved in a mud fight with the old guard that rules, we should hold them to the same standards of transparency and accountability.

Or at least Sambo-70 and the collective of parents should, since it is none of our business.

There was a posting which suggested that the split of prize money and other earnings is 60:40, 40% going to Khrustalniy, a larger fraction than apparently considered the norm. And a one of the arguments raised was over their "earning model".

The team is 3 high profile and highly successful trainers/choreographers, and the whole support staff seems of the highest quality too. Quality costs money, which perhaps validates a larger cut?

Now, how transparent and accountable is #TeamTutberidzeForProgress actually?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
You answered this question yourself, actually:

Obviously, but what about the parents? If I were a parent I'd like to know how it all ads up, how it is divided and spent and if my child receives the agreed share of his earnings. Prize money accountancy has always been shady. ISU's ledgers tell us what they pay out over the season.

FFKKR, MosKomSport and Sambo-70 have anti corruption paragraphs in their statutes and post them on their home pages.

If you want to lead in sports results and strive for a clean atmosphere, a culture of high morale and standards, financial transparency should be an integral part of that culture. Lead by example, always strive to be the first and best, including a thoroughly open and modern state of mind and morale.

Being transparent and accountable prevents all kinds of accusations over the money, which inevitable come when an athlete falls out with a dispute. But if the general culture is hush, don't ask, don't tell, from the top down to this rink and otherwise ground breaking team, I am disappointed.

Tahuu

On the Ice
I don't get it - why would anyone (Rusfed or Eteri) want to retire Alina? Ok, there are the 3As, who are very impressive and dominant, but wouldn't Rusfed (or/and Eteri) want a spare in case an injury or sudden rapid growth of one of the 3A? Besides, Alina is an international star, Olympic champion, the beautiful and innocent face of Russian sport. She is big in Japan, the PM meets her when she goes, Shiseido is launching a limited collection with her name and face, etc. etc. This is all good publicity for Russian sport (quite needed at the moment) and for Eteri's school.
My question is what would they possibly gain from Alina's retirement? What would they lose if she continues to compete and occasionally medal? Yes, there were rumours during the GPF, but a forced retirement makes no sense.

What about from Alina‘s perspective?

If she can no longer compete at worlds and the Olympics, she’d have much less exposure and her endorsement value would decrease.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

I think either those who say this is absolutely false or true are wrong, but allow me to report some facts:

- This interview with this former Sambo70 skater and some other mentions that Eteri always want to send skaters who can very much aim at the very least at a podium spot to keep certain standards. Both Eteri and her sister Marina mentioned Alina has not been training properly, she lost motivations, laziness...

https://fs-gossips.com/for-tutberidze-either-you-are-among-the-leaders-or-you-are-nowhere/

- This is a trick also known in gymnastics Irina Viner and other stubborn coaches did in order to keep the group moving, you need to have all of them competitive and leave alone those who are falling behind (in the so-called "younger group" as mentioned in the link), because it's up to them to catch up or tell them to retire straight away.

- Doug Haw (whether you like or not his takes, he does work at the Cricket Club) said Evgenia told them, she very much had to change coach after Pyeongchang because Eteri told her to retire and have babies.

- Whether she really wants people to retire or not after a while, it is true that what is happening now is very similar to what happened to Yulia Lipnitskaya after Sochi: even then they immediately started complaining about her supposed laziness or calling her fat. In this case things are in slightly better manners (and yet they called her lazy) cause i think Alina still respects the coach and the coach is grateful to Alina for her success, and with Yulia there has always been issues with her having opinions on things and her parents also being very vocal.

- It is a fact that Eteri has yet to coach ladies who are older than 20. Now i can agree with both sides on this: she's more comfortable teaching juniors or they won everything in 3-4 years so it shouldn't matter all that much.

Personally i'd like to point out the mind game perhaps the Federation (or the TV broadcasters) did in the most recent years:

Interview with a skater close to retirement despite she is still very young? -> dress her like your mom, to make her look older and ready to move on in life. I believe they did the same with Masha Sotskova and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr48BGWedK4

So i'd be a bit shocked if Alina's career will last for other 2-3 seasons with Eteri or any other coach in Russia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
fsgossips dot com, doesn't sound very trustworthy? Or am I wrong? One big community like this is enough for me.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It's a translation, i was going to post the original interview, but Sport express deleted it (probably from request to Sambo70 or the federation or in light to what happened to Elena Vait).

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...byvshaya-uchenica-polina-shuboderova-1542064/

Searching for Polina Shuboderova should lead us to something, since the internet never forgets ....

Anyways, most top sports programs and trainers use these kinds of Darwinism tactics to separate the weak from the strong, but when it concerns kids, we are of course more concerned and rightfully worried.

If it bothers you, don't go enjoying sports with children participating and presume the consenting adult athletes all know what the've signed up for and are doing this out of their free will.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I remember that interview. It was discussed here already, it's nothing new. Shuboderova is completely untrustworthy in this. Her friendship with Alina ended long ago, just like her being part of the team. It should be also added that so far she was the only skater who talked this way about the team, you didn't hear such things from Shelepen, Tsurskaya, not even from Zhenya.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty

Well, first of all, all that hate isn't based on logic.

There are leading theories:

1. First and most popular, According to which (nah, I am not joking) Eteri wants to defend 3A from 4th A and after SP in Turin, she became Afraid (Stay with me, it will go crazier from here) that Alina would beat... Trusova out of medals. So... According to this theory,reason why Alina was sad/angry before competition was that After successful SP Eteri told Alina:"Your time is over, we wont let you win, now others need to win".

Why on the earth would Eteri do that you may ask? well,here supporters of this conspiracy theory divide on 2 sub theories:

1A- Eteri is a business woman and made a calculation: having 4 skaters getting 1-4 places isn't that profitable, So,Eteri, the evil-genius manager decided it was more profitable money wise to send Alina (most well known her skater) to Navka's Show to generate money for her while 3A would get 1-3 places.

1B- She is playing a Long game and it's better to have many successful skaters than having just one,so by taking Alina out of Game she ensured that 3A wouldn't have any obstacles on their way to success.

and every 'believer' :biggrin: of this theory is one hundred percent sure that, Alina is an brainless barbie-doll, who is afraid of telling Eteri to go to hell and is so afraid of her that she blindly does everything she tells to (all of that interview, IG posts and explanations of Alina was in fact forced by Eteri), and not only that, some of them go as far as claiming that Alina's parents too are useless idiots who allow Evil cold-blooded business woman Eteri to exploit their kid like that.

2. Team Tutberidze aren't interested (or incapable) of working with adult woman (there is an article on Sports.ru, written by staff member,which openly claims that Team Tutbeidze is incapable of teaching jumps to "women with breast", nah, I am not making this up), they simple ignored her all the time but despite all the tricks from Evil Eteri, Alina managed to train herself to a good shape and this is where Eteri and her connections in RusFed come into play and made sure she didn't got high points in France.

Well, why aren't they interested in Training adults ? Why bother training 15 years olds who eat '3 pieces of fruit a day' is easier.

3. Eteri isn't only cold blooded business woman BUT, she is also a glory hunter, she probably even can guide Alina to medals but... She can't stand anybody getting bigger than her. So now, Brand of Alina was getting bigger than her,she couldn't stand it and told her to retire and in fact, her ego is why 'factory' is working the way it is, look, if some girl wins 10 years in a raw, it's her winning, if different girls win under one coach every 2 years, than it's the coach who is winning.

Frankly, If I was them, I would stick with the third, the first and second ones have obvious problems with logic, the third one can't be simplified to 'Eteri is evil!!!' and how can you argue against that? we have no detector of 'evilness' yet :biggrin:

P.S Such theories against Team Tutberidze has always been popular among certain people, for example, not long ago they believed that Alyona was 'the neglected one' and Eteri hated her, some went as far as claiming that she would be 'next Medvedeva' and would tell entire world 'the truth' about Sambo 70 Death camp :biggrin:

But these theories never gained any traction, this all changed after GPF (ironically, After podium sweep for Team Tut), when many of less than adequate Alina's Fans started searching for a black cat in the dark room, which wasn't there, and to these people, all these baseless conspiracy theories sounds like a candy. So suddenly, 'inside information' which would be ridiculed the day before become popular and Eteri was again demoted from 'Coach of Champions' to 'Coach of pre puberty kids'.