2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 847 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
How is the tally Yagudin vs Plyushchenko in dealing blows at each other over the recent outbursts of Tutberidze, Tarasova and Plyushchenko that started after Zagitova TV interview? Seems like Yagudin opened up and declared some support to Tutberidze's:
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/neozhidannoefk/2668735.html

Yagudin seems to have his own issues to deal with vs getting involved in this drama. Does anyone take him seriously anymore?

And, before one poster in particular starts jumping all over this post, I am a HUGE fan of his skating. But lately, from all reports, he is off the deep end.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yagudin seems to have his own issues to deal with vs getting involved in this drama. Does anyone take him seriously anymore?

And, before one poster in particular starts jumping all over this post, I am a HUGE fan of his skating. But lately, from all reports, he is off the deep end.

There is a difference in being a fan of his/her skating and being an admirer of him/her by person. By display of character I don't like either of them but won't risk another infraction by proclaiming.

#TeamTutberidzeForProgress creates and develops skaters in Khrustalniy, they are part of an educational institution, Sambo-70. Plyushchenko exploits skaters, his Academy is a business, conceived to make money. Having skaters of name and fame in your ranks increases your business value and hence your profits. "giving an Olympic champion the attention she deserves" can only mean making lots of money off her, and lesser persons might even fall for this prospect, but Alina just didn't. BTW: still don't know at what shows in Japan they might have met and some sort of 'question' was asked or some sort of 'proposal' was made?

Anyway, while is is quiet on the front this first working day of the week, positions and declarations of support have been tallied, and it seems Tutberidze's camp received a large majority of moral support. Which seems to indicate the tides are slowly turning on the old order. Of course, by natural attrition of the USSR guard alone, changes will come slowly, even if they put tributaries in their place. How likely is an all out power struggle?

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
I am sure it was a mistake. This is getting to gossipy and nasty.

It is most likely a mistake, people can easily like things by accident, but I do think it’s potentially worth discussing. Especially after Yagudin’s newsworthy like and then unlike of a post critical of TAT. This comment about Eteri seem to implicitly reference Diana so it’s a pretty weird coincidence for her to like it amidst all the drama going on. Especially if she’s living in the states away from her mom.

I dunno, it’s most likely a mistake, but given her close friendship with Alina I could understand being upset with how her mom is handling things with her and acting out on social media as teenagers do. Doesn’t necessarily mean she’d ever consider “leaving” her mom but it may suggest that she is upset with her mom about things behind the scenes and potentially siding with Alina.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
There might be something behind that like, but I wish we would leave the mother-daughter relations out of it.

The chocolate jam balls and sending journalists to hell was fun, but this is crossing the line of decency. Even if there is something going on between Diana and Eteri, it is none of our business.

zounger

Medalist
Now that the RusFed (deep state of it) get rid off the “mistake”, figure skating in Russia can go back to its normality. Where Tat’s and Mats are happy and the beloved ones are pleased. Don’t expect more than one of the 3A to be on the team for worlds. This is for their fans just not to be get hurt. I will just pass the words of Arutyunyan. Most of all enjoy Russian ladies figure skating.

Arutyunyan was distracted by Hanyu, Gleichengauz, Dudakov and then returned to me and continue talking about… Zagitova: “I heard such words: “Zagitova should have been retired (stop). How can you speak like that? She just started to skate beautifully, its pleasure to watch her. What retirement (stop)? As a spectator and as a coach I don’t want her to retire. I don’t know what can be done for this…”

Rafael nothing can be done for this, the decisions have been made. The only case will be if they will need her again...

P.S ... I remember how Rafael was dancing with his fingers, wearing his hat, by the board in one of the training's of Alina in Grenoble, when her FS step sequence started.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

MOSCOW, Dec 16 - RIA News. If necessary, the Ministry of Sports could comment on the conflict of figure skating coaches, which is not the Kremlin’s competence, said Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for the Russian president.

"Do you think that the scandal has grown so much that it has already reached the Kremlin and the Kremlin should deal with this? I think that my colleague Kolobkov (Pavel Anatolyevich, Minister of Sports - ed.) will comment on this if necessary. This is not a question for the Kremlin," - Peskov said in response to a question from journalists about whether the conflict between the figure skating coaches is being monitored in the Kremlin and whether it will affect the positions of Russian figure skating in general.

Earlier, the team of figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze on Instagram reacted to the words of the famous athlete Yevgeniy Plyushcgenko and the merited trainer of the USSR Tat'yana Tarasova to the figure skater Alina Zagitova, who decided to suspend her career. The authors of the text urged experts to appreciate the work of Zagitova, who is "the greatest athlete." Earlier, as media reported, Tarasova expressed the opinion that Zagitova would not return to big sport, and Plyushchenko suggested that the young skater was afraid of the competition.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Now that the RusFed (deep state of it) get rid off the “mistake”, figure skating in Russia can go back to its normality. Where Tat’s and Mats are happy and the beloved ones are pleased. Don’t expect more than one of the 3A to be on the team for worlds. This is for their fans just not to be get hurt. I will just pass the words of Arutyunyan. Most of all enjoy Russian ladies figure skating.

Arutyunyan was distracted by Hanyu, Gleichengauz, Dudakov and then returned to me and continue talking about… Zagitova: “I heard such words: “Zagitova should have been retired (stop). How can you speak like that? She just started to skate beautifully, its pleasure to watch her. What retirement (stop)? As a spectator and as a coach I don’t want her to retire. I don’t know what can be done for this…”

Rafael nothing can be done for this, the decisions have been made. The only case will be if they will need her again...

P.S ... I remember how Rafael was dancing with his fingers, wearing his hat, by the board in one of the training's of Alina in Grenoble, when her FS step sequence started.

I have to say I really don’t understand this comment. Who are you talking about? What‘s Arutunyan doing here? :scratch2:

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

I'm confused. What is this?

Also...

"Don’t expect more than one of the 3A to be on the team for worlds. This is for their fans just not to be get hurt"

Ridiculous suggestion.

They swept Nationals last time, Junior and Senior, have had HUGE scores this season, and won golds at every GP then going 1-2-3 at GPF.

Unless there's some kind of disaster (very much hope not), Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and Trusova will do the same at Nationals this time and will go to Worlds.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm confused. What is this?

Also...

"Don’t expect more than one of the 3A to be on the team for worlds. This is for their fans just not to be get hurt"

Ridiculous suggestion.

They swept Nationals last time, Junior and Senior, have had HUGE scores this season, and won golds at every GP then going 1-2-3 at GPF.

Unless there's some kind of disaster (very much hope not), Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and Trusova will do the same at Nationals this time and will go to Worlds.

This concerrns WADA decision. There is possibility that only athletes who went through doping test by WADA succesfully will be invited to the Worlds. In this moment those are only Sasha, Alina and Zhenya (others were tested only by RUSADA), so the surprises may last little longer this season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This concerrns WADA decision. There is possibility that only athletes who went through doping test by WADA succesfully will be invited to the Worlds. In this moment those are only Sasha, Alina and Zhenya (others were tested only by RUSADA), so the surprises may last little longer this season.

You imply the GP participants weren't tested by an accredited laboratory?

https://isu.org/clean-sport/anti-doping
https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...1/memorandum/21609-isu-anti-doping-guide/file

ruga

Final Flight
But shouldn't all GPF medalists have been tested by WADA? It's a major competition after all.

asingingwife

Rinkside
Btw I don't think the skater Johnny was referring to was Zhenya. The fact that she booked her show with Averbuk caused a lot of concern earlier this year as people thought she was giving up. I believe she was just being honest about her chances. She will fight but the most likely outcome will be that she doesn't go.

Btw did anyone see the Frozen video with Liza and Elena? That was lovely to see

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

But shouldn't all GPF medalists have been tested by WADA? It's a major competition after all.

Maybe you are right, for now the list of the tested is only to date 10th october:
https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...ol/21532-registered-testing-pool-2019-20/file

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Damm . How can that be? Shouldnt at least the 6 best skaters in russia at least be controlled by WADA?

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
MOSCOW, Dec 16 - RIA News. If necessary, the Ministry of Sports could comment on the conflict of figure skating coaches, which is not the Kremlin’s competence, said Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for the Russian president.

"Do you think that the scandal has grown so much that it has already reached the Kremlin and the Kremlin should deal with this? I think that my colleague Kolobkov (Pavel Anatolyevich, Minister of Sports - ed.) will comment on this if necessary. This is not a question for the Kremlin," - Peskov said in response to a question from journalists about whether the conflict between the figure skating coaches is being monitored in the Kremlin and whether it will affect the positions of Russian figure skating in general.

Earlier, the team of figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze on Instagram reacted to the words of the famous athlete Yevgeniy Plyushcgenko and the merited trainer of the USSR Tat'yana Tarasova to the figure skater Alina Zagitova, who decided to suspend her career. The authors of the text urged experts to appreciate the work of Zagitova, who is "the greatest athlete." Earlier, as media reported, Tarasova expressed the opinion that Zagitova would not return to big sport, and Plyushchenko suggested that the young skater was afraid of the competition.

Tarasova remains me of Valentina Rodionenko when she says her gymnasts will retire and it’s not true and Plyushchenko is upset because his skaters are not wonderful like Eteri’s

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Btw did anyone see the Frozen video with Liza and Elena? That was lovely to see

I did! It was lovely indeed! I liked the end with all the tracings in the ice :)

It was nice to see Elena R on the ice, as I understand she's in Kazakhstan at the moment for Denis Ten's Memorial Show. I wonder if there's video.

katymay

Medalist
Well, good thing Ted Barton is also commentating Russian Nationals. Unlike TAT, he gives the girls praise where he thinks they deserve it, and he also gives constructive criticism. People love him not because he only sings praise, but because his criticism is thought out with the intention of improving the skaters. For example, he has said in the past that Alena can work more on expressing her music particularly in her face, and Sasha can work more on skating and performance. This is his opinion, and people don't hate him for stating it because he is genuinely talking about the improvement of athletes as opposed to using them for some kind of agenda.

Ted is Canadian, but he treats skaters of all nationalities with respect. TAT is Russian, and enjoys attacking many Russian skaters. I appreciate that having a good attitude and love for the sport as opposed to the drama are appreciated, as Ted was invited to the panel of test skates and now to commentate on nationals. Hopefully this is just the beginning of a trend to what we will be seeing in Russian skating. The girls (and boys - didn't she have some awful things to say about Kolyada as well?) have had enough mental abuse from figures like TAT.

I love Ted because I think he just loves 3A-all of them. He has a special relationship to them, having seen them at 13, and 14 at their first JGPF. At skate Canada he was commentating with a co-host during the practice, Trusova was falling left and right and the snippy co-host said things were looking bad for Trusova. Ted said, "Oh you don't know this girl. She is the strongest girl I've ever seen." Then he picked her to win. (The co-host didn't even think she would make the podium)