2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 846 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know what purpose this speculation serves, but if we must...

What were Johnny's exact words? Was it someone he had spoken to in person? At the GPF? Earlier? On the phone?

At any rate, I don't see that it would be Sima. When and where would he have spoken to her? Even if it was over the phone - why would she call him out of the blue? Or why would he call her? Do they even know each other?

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I don't know what purpose this speculation serves, but if we must...

What were Johnny's exact words? Was it someone he had spoken to in person? At the GPF? Earlier? On the phone?

At any rate, I don't see that it would be Sima. When and where would he have spoken to her? Even if it was over the phone - why would she call him out of the blue? Or why would he call her? Do they even know each other?

Here is what Johnny said after Shcherbakova's skate:

At 6:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMCQ2VMA8k&t=146s

"How I would hate to be a ladies skater in Russia. I got a call recently from one of the skaters who competes at a very high level.
And she said - Johnny, like, I know it's gonna be the young three going to the Worlds and Europeans. What do I do with my life now?"

I have a feeling it might be Konstantinova.

But it could have been anyone really. We mustn't forget that Johnny speaks Russian and probably has a lot of Russian skater friends.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Sima crossed my mind too because of what she'd said in an interview. We can assume that this is what many of the Russian skaters are thinking right now.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
It is obviously Liza. Sounds like her and didn‘t they spent quite some time together during the summer shows? I remember them being friends and having fun.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It is obviously Liza. Sounds like her and didn‘t they spent quite some time together during the summer shows? I remember them being friends and having fun.

Nah, Liza out of all people? She didn’t make Olympics 2 times, and NOW she’s suddenly worried and doesn’t know what to do with her life?
Can’t see it being Liza, imo

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The answer is obvious people. It’s Sotnikova. She’s worried she’s not going to make it into Beijing.

Yeslekyelnats

Rinkside
Nah, Liza out of all people? She didn’t make Olympics 2 times, and NOW she’s suddenly worried and doesn’t know what to do with her life?
And she’s doing something about it. She is adding jumps and has places to improve with PCS so she has a lot of potential.

Resa

On the Ice
Here is what Johnny said after Shcherbakova's skate:

At 6:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMCQ2VMA8k&t=146s

"How I would hate to be a ladies skater in Russia. I got a call recently from one of the skaters who competes at a very high level.
And she said - Johnny, like, I know it's gonna be the young three going to the Worlds and Europeans. What do I do with my life now?"

I have a feeling it might be Konstantinova.

But it could have been anyone really. We mustn't forget that Johnny speaks Russian and probably has a lot of Russian skater friends.

I think it's Tuk. Oit of all the skaters, the've known each other the longest, given that she was called Johnny Weirs little sister when she was young because they looked so similar. There are a lot of photos of them together from back when she was even just 13/14

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice

Yes, but I can imagine her being overly dramatic, saying "i don't know what to do with my life" as an expression, not like a statement. Just painting the picture of the tough situation. Last season she was among top 3 (except for the pneumonia absence, which allowed Samodurova to shine and Rusfed to neglect Liza), while this season is much more difficult. Plus she seems close with Johnny.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I just wanted to say thank you for the Russian for all this tea. I would be completely bored if it wasn’t for them.

Completely irrelevant, but why everyone calls scandals/rumors “tea”? I get the “receipts” = proof of something. But why “tea”?
There’s also a lot of talking about wigs, does it all come from RuPauls show?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
The people who are discussing that are probably the people who attacked Eteri's Sister's IG page (there were people who claimed that they were there all night, watching comment section developing, I repeat, people spend night watching what Sister of a coach would say).

Diana has nothing to do with Team Tut and relationship between Eteri and her daughter is none of anybody's concern.

P.S Dmitry Guberniev, famous Russian tv announcer and showman (mostly works at Match TV on Biathlon related tv shows and broadcasts) called out Russian FS fans for being too toxic :biggrin: For people who aren't following Russian sports, Guberniev being against toxicity is like Donald Trump asking somebody to decrease twitter Use. :biggrin: Never thought I would ever see Guberniev being a peacemaker but thing are really that crazy at Russian FS :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker

Bringing this comment by a user here from her fanfest:

Rusfed: drama drama drama
Zhenya: drawing, designing dresses, learning to do animations. She probably bakes cookies as well lol

:laugh:

Honestly, that’s what I needed in all this drama to keep me sane. And to finish this Zhenya-appreciation post: girl‘s not only a 2 time World Champ but also taught herself English, designing, drawing, knitting and doing animations. Does she even sleep? :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
As a Liza fan I have been reading her interviews since she was about 13. I cannot recall any instance in which she expressed despair - not even in her most up-and-down seasons - and she certainly isn't acting as if she is despairing.

But people will believe whatever they wish. (shrug)

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
So Johnny discusses a comment about a high level skater not knowing what to do with her life in a conversation that happened sometime before the GPF. And now Zhenya is working on designing costumes. To me that suggests she is already considering next steps in her career.

I also remember Johnny mentioning conversations with Zhenya during his Olympic commentary. It’s been a while but the way he phrased certain things gave me the impression they potentially were close.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Are all federations this crazy? I’ve been a fan for a long time, yet I don’t recall any other country having such public fighting. It’s almost embarrassing for them, but entertaining for the fans.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Official list of entrants are out: https://fsrussia.ru/novosti-federatsii/4817-rostelekom-chempionat-rossii-2020-uchastniki.html

FEMALE SINGLE SKATING

1. Vasilyeva Victoria (Moscow)
2. Gubanova Anastasia (St. Petersburg)
3. Gulyakova Anastasia (St. Petersburg)
4. Konstantinova Stanislav (St. Petersburg)
5. Kostornaya Alena (Moscow)
6. Medvedeva Evgenia (Moscow)
7. Nugumanova Elizaveta (St. Petersburg)
8. Samodurova Sofya (St. Petersburg)
9. Sakhanovich Serafima (St. Petersburg)
10. Sinitsyna Ksenia (Moscow)
11. Talalaykina Maria (St. Petersburg)
12. Tarakanova Anastasia (Moscow)
13. Trusova Alexandra (Moscow)
14. Tuktamysheva Elizaveta (St. Petersburg)
15. Frolova Anna (Moscow)
16. Tsibinova Ksenia (Moscow)
17. Shulskaya Valeria (Orenburg Region)
18. Scherbakova Anna (Moscow)

One single skater from the regions, good for her to make it.