2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

skatergurl7

On the Ice
T/M needs a program like their Rachmaninoff. Powerful, strong, classic Russian pairs skating. The bolero music was a bit boring

Artemisa

Final Flight
T/M needs a program like their Rachmaninoff. Powerful, strong, classic Russian pairs skating. The bolero music was a bit boring

I wouldn't say that a bolero is boring or not strong ... it's a very powerful music, classic ( everything the judges love)... but you have to feel it when you skate it ... when you choose that music in figure skating people remember (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TkqyU4badcand) ... but with T/M something is missing ... they weren't the best in emotion but they had passion even with candyman ( and i liked candyman) .. maybe the problem is that people are trying change them a lot after candyman and similars ...

For me I prefer the violin version for the music ... but every version is powerfull

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Brilliant competition by B/K. They overcame well the unreadiness from past competitions, and I was totally right when I said they weren't going to be buried under the competition, if anything, they knew they had to do everything they could for a place on the podium.

Now, T/M are just not helping themselves. But the judges aren't either, not a lot of love for them on the second mark.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Brilliant competition by B/K. They overcame well the unreadiness from past competitions, and I was totally right when I said they weren't going to be buried under the competition, if anything, they knew they had to do everything they could for a place on the podium.

Now, T/M are just not helping themselves. But the judges aren't either, not a lot of love for them on the second mark.

It's true as you said T/M aren't helping themselves but the judges at this competition were pushing M-T/M REAL HARD! Their marks in the FS were crazy (and questionable in the SP) even when taking into account home ice advantage. I think T/M were a victim of that.

I'm so thrilled for B/K though. They finally skated the FS clean and hopefully this win will give them all the confidence in the world heading into Rostelecom. Hopefully the judges will now start respecting them more PCS wise. Tamara Moskvina :)bow:) had every right to look as thrilled and excited as she did here :yahoo:
Congrats on the first (and surely not last!) senior gold medal!

Artemisa

Final Flight
First I'm a fan of both of russian teams

About Skate Canada:
_ Something is happening to T/M ... what's the odds of they faill twice in a lift (US classic and GP Canada)?? But even with more 10 points on the lift + GOE they wouldn't beat Boikova and Dima in the tech and that's a problem ... there score last year was more 20 points (even if at the beggining of the season was more or less what they get this year ... I can't remeber when they change the SP) ... and they were 3 because of PCs ( that means Russian Federation ) ..

_ Boikova and Dima... I'm not a fan of the music choice ... but they can skate to everything and make you like it .. they were the best anda they survive the politics ... looking at the GOEs .. well they were a little bit low if you compare com MT/M and T/M specially the first one ... and if you look at PCs of the american team .. I think T/M were save and the victory was going to MT/M (home ice) but they weren't perfect .. so the only team who maybe be asking what just happen there is the american team

And now the big question ... how the Russia Federation is going to play in the home ice?
To get to the final B/D only needs a 2 or even a 3 may result ... T/M now have to win at home .. where Ksenia can be a wild card ...

I think they will keep pushing with T/M because a clean skate of T/M is the only choice to beat sui/han ... B/D needs more time to beat sui/han ( a probably a better music choice)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
As a huge fan of B/K i'm very happy they won here in Canada.

I've always thought they are the most impressive russian pair for me.

The elements are big and well executed and they are willing to up the difficulty with difficult transitions like the spread eagle into the sbs 3s, the arm aloft in the triple twist, the throw 3 lutz, new unique positions on the lifts,... it's not just about the quality but also the effort on trying to show something new.

Not only that but the performance is also always there, their skating feels authentic, they smile, it's not all stoneface and the programs fit their style.

I like the short more than the free, it's a variation of My Way you don't hear very often.

T/M, i was expecting this after the short, i like the new free, lots of things to work still.

readernick

Medalist

The elements are big and well executed and they are willing to up the difficulty with difficult transitions like the spread eagle into the sbs 3s, the arm aloft in the triple twist, the throw 3 lutz, new unique positions on the lifts,... That's what i've always missed from T/M, it's not just about the quality but also the effort on trying to show something new.

Not only that but the performance is also always there, their skating feels authentic, they smile, it's not all stoneface and the programs fit their style.

I like the short more than the free, it's a variation of My Way you don't hear very often.

I also fell in love with this pair last year at their first competition. I think it is combination of their special charm. ( I mean how can you resist Boikova's smile), their well executed elements, and Moskvina's choreography. She puts fabulous little touches in their choreo that no one else seems to have thought of... they aren't complicated but they are special. I just hope Moskvina lives until she is 100 and never retires. I love watching her programs, and especially when this team performs them.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
First I'm a fan of both of russian teams

About Skate Canada:
_ Something is happening to T/M ... what's the odds of they faill twice in a lift (US classic and GP Canada)?? But even with more 10 points on the lift + GOE they wouldn't beat Boikova and Dima in the tech and that's a problem ... there score last year was more 20 points (even if at the beggining of the season was more or less what they get this year ... I can't remeber when they change the SP) ... and they were 3 because of PCs ( that means Russian Federation ) ..

T/M also doubled first single jump. With that they would've beaten B/K, so it's definitely not like they couldn't have won if clean.

Artemisa

Final Flight
T/M also doubled first single jump. With that they would've beaten B/K, so it's definitely not like they couldn't have won if clean.

I don't refute that ... a clean T/M beats a clean Boikova and Dima ... the problem is that they wouldn't win with much difference ...

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
And now the big question ... how the Russia Federation is going to play in the home ice?
To get to the final B/D only needs a 2 or even a 3 may result ... T/M now have to win at home .. where Ksenia can be a wild card ...

I think they will keep pushing with T/M because a clean skate of T/M is the only choice to beat sui/han ... B/D needs more time to beat sui/han ( a probably a better music choice)

They will definitely push T/M to win because it is the only chance for T/M to make GPF. Ksenia can be a wild card, but she isn't a GPF contender because she has only one event. And some more distant perspective we will see at the Russian Nationals.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
They will definitely push T/M to win because it is the only chance for T/M to make GPF. Ksenia can be a wild card, but she isn't a GPF contender because she has only one event. And some more distant perspective we will see at the Russian Nationals.

I'd say that T/M could still reach GPF with a silver...depending on how P/K do in France. Even then T/M's bronze scored higher than everyone at Skate America.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don't refute that ... a clean T/M beats a clean Boikova and Dima ... the problem is that they wouldn't win with much difference ...

They also made a mistake in the short, so a margin existed there even before the free. Yes, they would not win by astronomical margin, but at the beginning of the season I don't expect the highest scores. Don't deny that T/M have some things to work on before Rostelecom, on the other hand if I remember correctly, last season was very similar. They were nearly perfect at test skates and then had problems during first competitions. So we can still expect more.

starla16

Medalist
I think 4 pairs can make the GPF but it all depends next week if P/K get silver and or M/G gets the gold or vice versa.
D/F can play the spoiler like You. Cup of Russia have no competitors except T/M and B/K, T/M can still get gold when they are clean and will get home score boost.

aka_gerbil

On the Ice
IMO, the move to Florida is not working for T/M. Marina Zoueva is not a technical coach, not even for dance. She's good at choreography, packaging, and presentation. She ended up not even doing the choreography for them, and all the presentation and packaging in the world doesn't help if they don't do the elements and keep missing levels. Max, with literally no coaching experience, had them looking better this time last year. People can yell "adjust period" all they want, but this is like realizing something is not working as soon as you turn it on. You don't just stand there and wait to see what happens. At the rate this is going, it's going to be after T/M fail to make Euros/Worlds this season that people wake up and realize that there should have been an early intervention to at least stop the bleeding.

NAOTMAA

Medalist

The elements are big and well executed and they are willing to up the difficulty with difficult transitions like the spread eagle into the sbs 3s, the arm aloft in the triple twist, the throw 3 lutz, new unique positions on the lifts,... it's not just about the quality but also the effort on trying to show something new.

T/M, i was expecting this after the short, i like the new free, lots of things to work still.

The arrangement is by André Rieu which explains why it sounds like a waltz.

I do agree with you though. They really come alive in the SP and look very comfortable with it. It matches the luminous quality of their personalities. In a way its a mature progression from last years Nutcracker FS which helps. The Bond FS is new territory artistically and they're still trying to figure it out although I think performance wise they are improving with each appearance (from the test skate to Shanghai to Canada). Hopefully the win here gives them more confidence and with the home crowd at their next GP they will perform even better.

What I'm excited about is how they seem to have grown from last season not just in skill and artistry but in the mental aspect as well. Last year in France they unexpectedly led after the SP and in the FS they clearly looked nervous and it didn't go so well. This time they buckled down and didn't let it get away from them, they looked calm and confident. And the fact that they were able to do the FS clean at the first GP, where it means a lot, despite the last two unclean outings is great as well.