2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

LadyB

Record Breaker
Pairs hasn't been that exciting for a long time. Can't wait for France at the w/e and what M/G will make of it. I like T/M and I feel truly sorry for them. However, scoring advantage for home teams happens everywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd win Rostelecom (unless they're making obvious mistakes). B/K will at least be second. I'd personally fancy a GPF with 4 Russian teams :biggrin:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Looking ahead already to IdF, I'm exciting to see how Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin stack up against each other. I think one of them will win and, if both teams skate the way they have been so far, then we have a real competition among the younger teams for spots at Euros and Worlds.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Looking ahead already to IdF, I'm exciting to see how Mishina/Galliamov and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin stack up against each other. I think one of them will win and, if both teams skate the way they have been so far, then we have a real competition among the younger teams for spots at Euros and Worlds.

My expectations are M/G first, P/K second, which will be enough for the latter to get into the GPF. It will be interresting to see who will be appointed to Worlds and Euros, but I think that represenation will depend more on rusnats than on GP. One way or the other, Russian pairs will soon experience nearly the same competitive environment as in ladies, because many of the young teams (B/K, M/G, P/K, P/R, A/K) are super strong already or have the chance to be super strong soon.

Artemisa

Final Flight
My expectations are M/G first, P/K second, which will be enough for the latter to get into the GPF. It will be interresting to see who will be appointed to Worlds and Euros, but I think that represenation will depend more on rusnats than on GP. But oner way or the other, Russian pairs will soon experience nearly the same competitive environment as in ladies, becaue many of the young teams (B/K, M/G, P/K, P/R, A/K) are super strong already or have the chance to be super strong soon.

I agree
well.. and next junior to seniors are very good too ... I don't think this year RF will have a problem to choose the team to euros or worlds ... but I think a lot of this teams will be on a peak in the olympic year

so.. who cares about GPF when you can have an old blood bath at russian nationals... :popcorn:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
At this point, I'm not sure about P/K's power to reach the top, and I hope M/G can do it, because it would be pretty interesting to have a super young trio of teams leading Russia, especially seeing that the Olympics are still a couple of years away.

starla16

Medalist
My expectations are M/G first, P/K second, which will be enough for the latter to get into the GPF. It will be interresting to see who will be appointed to Worlds and Euros, but I think that represenation will depend more on rusnats than on GP. One way or the other, Russian pairs will soon experience nearly the same competitive environment as in ladies, because many of the young teams (B/K, M/G, P/K, P/R, A/K) are super strong already or have the chance to be super strong soon.

Panfilova / Rylov are the most complete russian juniors but I question how long they will last
she is only 16 and he is short for a pairs skater.

The Golden rule for pairs is Height Difference.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
At this point, I'm not sure about P/K's power to reach the top, and I hope M/G can do it, because it would be pretty interesting to have a super young trio of teams leading Russia, especially seeing that the Olympics are still a couple of years away.

I had my doubts about P/K too, but I have to say that they improved a lot. At US skate they were very close to gold. Their interpretaton side is lagging behid the tech a little, but it is much better than during the last season and if they will continue, I'm sure they will erase the gap soon.

Though I'm interrested whether we will see Zabiiako/Enbert this season. They have vastly improved last season and the bronze at worlds as well as great performances there and at WTT were putting them among the strongest current pairs.

starla16

Medalist

I also think P/K are middle tier, he has poor skating skills and need to improve their posture, they get low GOE on jumps, throws and also with PCS
their ceiling is only 190-205 at the moment.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I had my doubts about P/K too, but I have to say that they improved a lot. At US skate they were very close to gold. Their interpretaton side is lagging behid the tech a little, but it is much better than during the last season and if they will continue, I'm sure they will erase the gap soon.

Though I'm interrested whether we will see Zabiiako/Enbert this season. They have vastly improved last season and the bronze at worlds as well as great performances there and at WTT were putting them among the strongest current pairs.

The problem with Z/E is that I'm pretty sure they hit their ceiling, scoring-wise. I don't see them getting new elements right now, it took them already a while to get a second triple throw, and while they have improved a lot, we have more and more junior teams with bigger elements, like multiple triple jumps and combos, and that's got to make a difference. The older teams are going to have to work harder to stay relevant, which they certainly can, but it's kind of the same fight that we see in ladies right now.

Artemisa

Final Flight

P/K ..They didn't have a bad first senior season, they got to the GPF .. they just didn't have the moment ... I think they are progressing.. and they have a good SP

Z/E only when they skate we will know... if they would have continue skating this year probably they would have keep there spot like number 2 team in russia ... Now I think they will have to skate perfectly the moment they comeback to competition .. russia have to many strong juniors/seniors teams that are skating very good and get goods PCS

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where are Zabiiako/Enbert? How long are they out for? Pairs needs all the good teams they can find it feels like there is even less depth than last season with J/P sitting out and Y/Z not competing for another season for China. it seems like no other country has young teams rising other then the Russians.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Some health issues. It is still unknown whether they are going to compete at the Nationals or sit out the whole season.

I'm really curious about that. Sasha Enbert currently gives lessons in a figure skating camp for children in Moscow, together with Sergei Komolov, Maria Kasumova, Max Kovtun and Fedor Klimov.

starla16

Medalist
I'm really curious about that. Sasha Enbert currently gives lessons in a figure skating camp for children in Moscow, together with Sergei Komolov, Maria Kasumova, Max Kovtun and Fedor Klimov.

I dont think they are coming back, they're done.
Russia have many young new pairs etem now with better tech.

I'm more interested on how T/M will rank this season in russian ranking
can they fight B/K for the second position ?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
What a great progress you have admitted for B/K from tier B team to number 2 candidate in Russia. :laugh: But still sure that M/G are secure # 1 and others are going to fight for vacant positions.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I dont think they are coming back, they're done.
Russia have many young new pairs etem now with better tech.

We know starla16 :palmf: ...M/G are your first team ... even if B/K beat difficult teams in her home ice .. they will never be your number one team (but they are progressing they are now a number 2 :laugh2: in two weeks) ... and poor T/M faill once and are almost dead .. even I .. that like all teams and have a soft spot for B/K .. don't think they are yet the number one .. in best cases they are making there case for a number 2 ... because T/M only need to skate clean to beat everyone else

And I hope Z/E comeback they don't have any reason for not to .. and if I recall was Enbert that was hurt

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
We know starla16 :palmf: ...M/G are your first team ... even if B/K beat difficult teams in her home ice .. they will never be your number one team (but they are progressing they are now a number 2 :laugh2: in two weeks) ... and poor T/M faill once and are almost dead .. even I .. that like all teams and have a soft spot for B/K .. don't think they are yet the number one .. in best cases they are making there case for a number 2 ... because T/M only need to skate clean to beat everyone else

And I hope Z/E comeback they don't have any reason for not to .. and if I recall was Enbert that was hurt

He has a heart condition, I believe. That was why they skipped Euros last season, because he was not medically cleared to train. So it's hard to know when they'll be able to come back to competition.