2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

starla16

Medalist
so P/R are moving seniors ? I had my reservations regarding their future because of the lack of height difference (a golden rule in pairs) but they show good throws and technique in lifts, twists and skating except the SBS jumps, their throws remind me of S/H, they are a short pair but throws are huge, the triple twist is one of the best. They can do well in their GP debut and even challenge M/G, B/K, T/M, P/K.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
i hope they can get their triples or else they will get buried in the depth of russian pair field and it would be such a shame they're so special.

I hope so too. They said they would add one triple to their programmes during their first senior season, but so far don't know yet which one, and the next senior season they plan for one more.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I hope so too. They said they would add one triple to their programmes during their first senior season, but so far don't know yet which one, and the next senior season they plan for one more.

3sal and 3t i guess

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
The problem is that they look really far from those triples, especially her the last time I saw her jumping. They could get away with a rotated triple and a double axel, but with some youngsters coming with triple-triples, they really have it hard for the future.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Kostiukovich/Yalin have split up! Not really a surprise, but still...

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1084231019.html?from=main-news-fs

Google translation:

Russian skater Polina Kostyukovich reported that they and Dmitry Yalin, the sports couple broke up.

“We are no longer with Dmitry Yalin. We walked with you a difficult, but such a beautiful path. But it so happened that now he will have his own. It was reliable with you, your kindness and care are priceless to me. I am grateful to you for your support, for your courage and patience to endure my not very simple character.

I will never forget our successful starts, indescribable emotions and cool trips!

Life goes on, ”Kostyukovich wrote.

Kostyukovich and Yalin are silver and bronze medalists of the World Cup among juniors, silver medalists of the Junior Grand Prix Final, winners and medalists of the GP stages among juniors.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Kostiukovich/Yalin have split up! Not really a surprise, but still...

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1084231019.html?from=main-news-fs

Google translation:

Russian skater Polina Kostyukovich reported that they and Dmitry Yalin, the sports couple broke up.

“We are no longer with Dmitry Yalin. We walked with you a difficult, but such a beautiful path. But it so happened that now he will have his own. It was reliable with you, your kindness and care are priceless to me. I am grateful to you for your support, for your courage and patience to endure my not very simple character.

I will never forget our successful starts, indescribable emotions and cool trips!

Life goes on, ”Kostyukovich wrote.

Kostyukovich and Yalin are silver and bronze medalists of the World Cup among juniors, silver medalists of the Junior Grand Prix Final, winners and medalists of the GP stages among juniors.

Such rumors were heard through the whole season, but when they returned to the ice and looked pretty cool, I started to think that they overcame the problems. But such is life, now I'm curious who their ner partners will be. Fnding a proper partner is probably one of the most difficult things in pair skating.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Russia may have no world-class pair ready for Olympics. Dances already lost...

What? Kostiukovich/ Ialin were top class team and Olympic medal contenders and the only in Russian field? Exuse me, what parallel universe are you from?

Arbitrary

Medalist
As the time and progress run the situation in Russian Pairs continues to move from so-so to even worse.
Ko/Ya separated. Za/En discontinued, Panfilova/Rylove decided to stay in Juniors for another season.
Even having all three medals in JWC, there is good chance the RusFed will see shortages when building the Senior Team.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As the time and progress run the situation in Russian Pairs continues to move from so-so to even worse.
Ko/Ya separated. Za/En discontinued, Panfilova/Rylove decided to stay in Juniors for another season.
Even having all three medals in JWC, there is good chance the RusFed will see shortages when building the Senior Team.

1. Contrary Panfilova/Rylov decided to go to seniors.
2. Boikova/Kozlovski, Tarasova/Morozov, Mishina/Galliamov, Pavliuchenko/Khodykin are all top world-class pairs with potentially only two chinese pairs on their level.

So once again, what are you talking about?

LadyB

Record Breaker

Did you watch GP series? Did you watch Europeans? Senior and Juniors? Over the past three seasons?
If your answer to all these questions is yes, and you still maintain that Russia has a major problem because of a distinct lack of talent in pairs skaters, I'd really like to know how you arrive at your analysis. The mind boggles....:think:

Also: If Russian pair skating is so-so, what is really great and dominant pair skating in your view? Please name skaters and results over the past years. I'm dying to know!!!

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Dang, I loved Polina and Dmitrii :( One of my favorite junior pairs, for sure.

Are they both planning on continuing?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
so P/R are moving seniors ? I had my reservations regarding their future because of the lack of height difference (a golden rule in pairs) but they show good throws and technique in lifts, twists and skating except the SBS jumps, their throws remind me of S/H, they are a short pair but throws are huge, the triple twist is one of the best. They can do well in their GP debut and even challenge M/G, B/K, T/M, P/K.

They have great pair moves but the SBS are remarkably poor/weak. Even a triple toe as the indiv jump and say 2A2L2T would be fairly competitive.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Did you watch GP series? Did you watch Europeans? Senior and Juniors? Over the past three seasons?
If your answer to all these questions is yes, and you still maintain that Russia has a major problem because of a distinct lack of talent in pairs skaters, I'd really like to know how you arrive at your analysis. The mind boggles....:think:

Also: If Russian pair skating is so-so, what is really great and dominant pair skating in your view? Please name skaters and results over the past years. I'm dying to know!!!

Yes, they have done well but I sort of see what some are saying. THey do not have a G and G or Rodina and zaitzev or B/S or VT - teams that have a certain extra oomph. We are in the era of Shiskova and Naumov, and a team that they competed against BUskov??? and??? Capable of winning worlds but not spectacular teams.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yes, they have done well but I sort of see what some are saying. THey do not have a G and G or Rodina and zaitzev or B/S or VT - teams that have a certain extra oomph. We are in the era of Shiskova and Naumov, and a team that they competed against BUskov??? and??? Capable of winning worlds but not spectacular teams.

:rolleye:

Zamin

Rinkside
Somehow I agree with you and at the same time I don't. I do think that among the current top pairs, B/K, M/G and P/K have still way to go in terms of presentation/lines/cleanliness, while T/M who have that lack the fighting spirit/toughness that would allow them to overcome difficulties.

BUT... most of the top pairs are incredibly young!!! P/R just moving up. M/G, barely one year at senior level. B/K and P/K two. There's still two years to go until Beijing, and they have all the time to mature and acquire that extra-factor.