2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

katymay

Medalist
The problem is that they look really far from those triples, especially her the last time I saw her jumping. They could get away with a rotated triple and a double axel, but with some youngsters coming with triple-triples, they really have it hard for the future.

Yes, it doesn't even look close. Especially him. Even double jumps give them problems. A shame, but I don't see it changing.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
End of season changes are common. Mid season emergency changes are rare.

I'm more surprised of the change because they were rather succesful with Velikova till now. If it weren't for the bad SP at russian nationals, they would have been clearly in the team for Europeans.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
An interesting switch for sure. But, Moskvina worked wonders for Boikova/Kozlovskii and I'm sure she can do a lot to help Mishina/Galliamov as well.

Artemisa

Final Flight
And later than that she sad Ialin is trying out with another girl. But it is just a try out and nothing is clear so far.

And here is a breaking news. Mishina/ Galliamov switched the coaching team and will train in Tamara Moskvina's club. https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1084320268.html

I'm surprise ... they did very well in there first season of seniors only one big mistake at nationals .. nothing more significant ... good programs ... why change now?

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I think the change to Moskvina club is motivated by wanting to improve on their PCS mark. In the FS at nationals they were cleaner then P/K yet lost to them in the second mark by over a point despite beating them technically by over three (and in France when both went clean in the SP the judges went with P/K). They were completely trounced by B/K and T/M in the second mark as well with the gap being over 5 points.

Everyone said even before the season started that despite their technical prowess they needed major improvement in the PCS department. It would hold them down and to an extent we saw just that. The Olympics are getting close fast and they don't want B/K and T/M too run to far ahead of them. Perhaps they felt Velikova wouldn't be able to improve their PCS marks fast enough.

Now I'm going to start dreaming Club Moskvina 1-2 on the Olympic podium like 1998 :cool: :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
i'm sure LadyB will be thrilled :laugh:

Why?
I was very surprised to say the least. I have a special thing for Velikovs as Ksenia and Fedor came from that group, but Moskvina is doing a brilliant job with B/K. Just interesting to see how they all cope with the major rivalry in one team. The Petersburg answer to Mozer Team :agree:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm thrilled for them. M/G needs less of a PCS boost, but more of a "choose a good program for us" approach. Of course they need to work on fundamentals, but they often don't have good vehicles for programs. And if we'll see improvement on that front, I'm already quite happy. For what's worth, the Velikovs certainly did their hard work for these two, because technically they have everything going for them.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Why?
I was very surprised to say the least. I have a special thing for Velikovs as Ksenia and Fedor came from that group, but Moskvina is doing a brilliant job with B/K. Just interesting to see how they all cope with the major rivalry in one team. The Petersburg answer to Mozer Team :agree:

i thought you might like the news, didn't you like madame Moskvina?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I can't reply for LadyB, as for myself I say who wouldn't like Tamara Moskvina, still I'm taken unaware a little by that news. Maybe because it was something different than the other teams, maybe because I liked their interactions. But changes happen :confused2:

LadyB

Record Breaker

Yes, sure, I do like Moskvina, but Velikovs are a tiny bit closer to my heart because of the S/K connection. Either way, I go with the flow on that one, whatever suits them most. I love both M/G and B/K to equal measures, so... :agree:

I can't reply for LadyB, as for myself I say who wouldn't like Tamara Moskvina, still I'm taken unaware a little by that news. Maybe because it was something different than the other teams, maybe because I liked their interactions. But changes happen :confused2:

I feel the same. I'm still a wee bit bewildered by the unexpected news.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I’m kinda shocked by the news of M/G but it sounds like Moskvina came looking for them. That’s a great sign for them, possibly the greatest Pairs coach wants to work with you. Do you think they’ll be working with Vasiliev? The fight for the Top 3 in Russia will be very tough. You have the current team of B/K, T/M, P/K plus M/G and I’m going to ad P/R despite their lack of triples. With Moskvina behind them I think M/G have really strengthen their chances.

I’m disappointed for K/I. I thought they had a good senior nationals after being treated a bit harshly by the Russian Fed in the JGP. Also sad to E/K split but they were going to struggle. I rewatched the short programme from Russian Senior Nats last night, what an amazing competition, so many great performances.

hanca

Record Breaker
If I had a choice to sent someone to Moskvina, it would be Pavliuschenko/Khodykin. I feel they have all the goods but they need to do the final bit to improve PCS and make them look more like a senior pair. The lack the packaging, the final polish.

Well, actually, I just realised, Mishina/Galliamov are missing exactly the same and even more than P/K, but to me it seems that P/K are more the type of a pair that are Moskviva’s type. Not sure if Moskvina’s skills won’t be wasted on M/G. (A bit like, no matter how hard Moskviva tries, even she can’t turn Leonova into Mao Asada... and that’s nothing against Leonova, she is just a different type of a skater than Mao. )

rollerblade

Record Breaker
If I had a choice to sent someone to Moskvina, it would be Pavliuschenko/Khodykin. I feel they have all the goods but they need to do the final bit to improve PCS and make them look more like a senior pair. The lack the packaging, the final polish.

Well, actually, I just realised, Mishina/Galliamov are missing exactly the same and even more than P/K, but to me it seems that P/K are more the type of a pair that are Moskviva’s type.

The selfish part of me wish for a partner-swap between these 2 teams - pair Pavliuchenko with Galliamov. :biggrin:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The selfish part of me wish for a partner-swap between these 2 teams - pair Pavliuchenko with Galliamov. :biggrin:

Daria would look even more tiny beside Sasha, for me even in pairs the constitution difference shouldn't be so big.