January 14-20, 2019

Ladies' Pre-Game Chat
sclogo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I suppose it's still too early, but do we have any news if Gabby Daleman is going to participate in the Nationals?

Ziotic

Medalist
I suppose it's still too early, but do we have any news if Gabby Daleman is going to participate in the Nationals?

I’m very doubtful. Although it’s a month away I don’t think she’s even been going to the rink.

Also what happens with Larkyn since she doesn’t have world minimums? She will have a chance to get them at 4cc but if she doesn’t does she just get replaced by the next person in line?

At the moment who has their minimums?? Alain’s, Veronik and Alicia? Anyone else?

Also any word on Veronik’s injury?

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Veronik and Gabby are both on the starting order listed for Nationals.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I heard Gabby was practising and why not. There isn't a heck of a lot competition. Right now if she doesn't skate Canada could send three ladies and none could make the freeskate. That would be embarrassing but possible. I hoe she come back strong

melgirl25

Medalist
I am a little worried about Gabby and if she is ready for this competition. Her posts on instagram make me a bit nervous. Hope she has worked things out.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am a little worried about Gabby and if she is ready for this competition. Her posts on instagram make me a bit nervous. Hope she has worked things out.

Melgirl25 what has she been posting on instagram that makes you so nervous?

melgirl25

Medalist
Melgirl25 what has she been posting on instagram that makes you so nervous?

A lot about a break up and now she is with a new man I think. Pictures of herself in her sports bra dancing around. Earlier it was themed around - see what you are missing out on. She also said in a long post that she suffers from anxiety and depression and also has ADHD. If she took time off to get a hold of these things, I just hope it is enough time. It just seems fast. Surely, it can be a work in progress and life doesn't need to be on hold. I was honestly surprised she would be at Nationals. I had no idea she was training.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
A lot about a break up and now she is with a new man I think. Pictures of herself in her sports bra dancing around. Earlier it was themed around - see what you are missing out on. She also said in a long post that she suffers from anxiety and depression and also has ADHD. If she took time off to get a hold of these things, I just hope it is enough time. It just seems fast. Surely, it can be a work in progress and life doesn't need to be on hold. I was honestly surprised she would be at Nationals. I had no idea she was training.

I hope she realizes she doesn't need a man or anyone to make her whole or worthy. I understand about anxiety and depression and ADHD. There won't be a lot expected of her and hopefully that iwll help though there may be some hope as Kaetlyn is gone and she has a world bronze and olympic gold (team) Canada will be thrilled to have her gain two spots even or at lest qualify freeskate. I know sad but Larkyn has been injured. Alaine got two chances surprisingoly and really did not captivate or capture the imagination.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What? Oh my I didn't know. First Karen Chen and now Gracie. Wow. I guess it is clear Bradie will get a spot and probably Ms. Bell. Thanks for the info Rachno2. I had no idea. I thought it would be bigger news Gracie pulling out.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Alaine has made great strides towards regaining her old form imo. I think it’s entirely possible for her to “captivate and capture the imagination” at Nationals.

Roo87

Medalist
Alaine has made great strides towards regaining her old form imo. I think it’s entirely possible for her to “captivate and capture the imagination” at Nationals.

I agree. The East Coast has been good to her in the past!

Roo87

Medalist
Wow I have no idea what to expect from the ladies. Alaine was looking great in practice , she even smiled after her run-through. Gabby looked pretty good considering she's only been on the ice for a month. I think bronze is entirely open, but who knows, ice is slippery!