2019 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships
Harbour Station | Saint John, NB
January 14-20, 2019

Pairs Pre-Game Chat
sclogo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh my... Canada is like down to the no. 4 team really as the top. Let's hope someone has gained some strength and technique for the lifts and twists = I am hopeful but doubtful. Marinaro has had 4 years to get it together; You just pray and hope he doesn't drop her.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
How early the starting order lists are published. There are still two weeks left and we already know in what order the skaters will perform.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Because there's no random draw. I'd rather there was and that the groups of dancers all competed during the same time slot instead of hours apart from each other (unless this has been fixed this year); but it is what it is and I suppose we might as well appreciate getting the start orders early.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Skate Canada is also annoying :) they often keep the final flight for prime tv for all disciplines, meaning that the earlier groups go first... and then another discipline will have its earlier groups too... and then one after another, we get the final flights of the disciplines.... right at prime time tv. I find it a bit unsportsmanlike but then, if it is the only way the tv will broadcast things live, then I guess we have to bend over once more to save the sport's popularity

IN other words, starting order are needed early for athletes to know when they will actually skate as it could be in at night while others skate during the morning.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That’s a shockingly small pairs field. Hard to believe that MT/M are Canadian number ones�� Things have really dropped off for Canada. Interesting to see how B/B perform, I liked him in Juniors for Ukraine and hopefully he will do well here. Is he eligible to compete internationally?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That’s a shockingly small pairs field. Hard to believe that MT/M are Canadian number ones�� Things have really dropped off for Canada. Interesting to see how B/B perform, I liked him in Juniors for Ukraine and hopefully he will do well here. Is he eligible to compete internationally?

Yes. They were scheduled for a CS, but WD due to injury.