2019 Europeans Pairs Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019 Europeans Pairs Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
BTW.. I just want to say how awesome it is to have Tamara Moskvina back (I was worried after K/S retired she was done). I just want to give her a box of chocolates and some flowers. I think she has a really winning combo in B/K.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
BTW.. I just want to say how awesome it is to have Tamara Moskvina back (I was worried after K/S retired she was done). I just want to give her a box of chocolates and some flowers. I think she has a really winning combo in B/K.

All hail Tamara Nikolaevna Moskvina :bow:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
поздравляю саша и митя :luv17: All my congratulations to Sasha and Mitya, and félicitations to J/C for their deserving gold!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeah, I understand why people say they have explosive elements and great SS, but they have 0 performance quality to me. She tries sometimes, but for the most part, they start and end with the same blank expression.

Honestly, they don't have that extra special "it" factor for me, whatever they skate to. I suppose they can Shishkova/Naumov their way to a world title in the future.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It is a bit maddening T/M should probably be multiple time world champions by this time but instead they keep struggling and losing to teams they really should beat.

I don't think anybody should 'really beat' J/C when they are skating like that, including S/H. I mean they both can but only with 100% clean skate in both programs, which is not an easy task at all.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Say whatever you want, France has cool anthem:
Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons!
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
When both the French and the Russian anthem are good, even if T/M had won gold it would've been a nice National Anthem session

oly2018

Final Flight
Idk, controversial take, but T/M are not hands down the automatic winners when all three of the top teams skate clean. Yes, they have great skating skills and big/explosive elements, but they lack that special something J/C and S/H have in spades. That little extra quality that can't be found in a gym, program, or coach, does reach the judges. I don't think their issue is about programs. If anyone has tried just about every style, it is T/M. I get the feeling that something is off between them. The K&C is hot and cold and the carousel of coaches can't be helping matters. They are still one of the best in the world, but i don't think they are THE best based on SS and explosive elements alone.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Quota European 2020

3: France - Italy - Russia
2: Croatia - Germany - Spain - Great Britain

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't think anybody should really beat J/C when they are skating like that, including S/H. I mean they both can but only with 100% clean skate in both programs, which is not an easy task at all.

S/H are better when they're on. They had better scores even before the added GOEs, so as long as they don't make costly mistakes, they will beat J/C. Plus they have quad twist...

rachno2

Record Breaker
Idk, controversial take, but T/M are not hands down the automatic winners when all three of the top teams skate clean. Yes, they have great skating skills and big/explosive elements, but they lack that special something J/C and S/H have in spades. That little extra quality that can't be found in a gym, program, or coach, does reach the judges. I don't think their issue is about programs. If anyone has tried just about every style, it is T/M. I get the feeling that something is off between them. The K&C is hot and cold and the carousel of coaches can't be helping matters. They are still one of the best in the world, but i don't think they are THE best based on SS and explosive elements alone.

Oh, I think S/H are the best quality pair team right now, even just from their practice videos. I do wonder, though, since J/C have built up all this momentum to win at Worlds, whereas S/H haven’t competed yet. Hope they slay at 4CCs so we have a good battle, because T/M don’t look like convincing opponents.

I prefer S/H, but if I were to bet on who would win Worlds, I think J/C might have the edge now. Titles mean a lot, and they are going in with Grand Prix Final and Euros.