2019 Four Continents: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents: Ladies' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Practice report. Bradie was a no show. Loved everyone from USA KOR HKG and oh those wonderful Japanese ladies! PaulE and I sat with famous skating photog David C. He says Rika doesnt realize how wonderful she is... But we do... ;)

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Entries in order of Season Best.
In () - other best only for them who has not Season Best.

1 Rika KIHIRA JPN 233.12
2 Kaori SAKAMOTO JPN 213.90
3 Mai MIHARA JPN 209.22
4 Bradie TENNELL USA 206.41
5 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ 200.74
6 Ting CUI USA 199.79
7 Mariah BELL USA 198.96
8 Yelim KIM KOR 196.34
9 Eunsoo LIM KOR 196.31
10 Yi Christy LEUNG HKG 177.22
11 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 172.17
12 Veronik MALLET CAN 170.68
13 Kailani CRAINE AUS 167.84
14 Hongyi CHEN CHN 165.55
15 Brooklee HAN AUS 165.40
16 Hanul KIM KOR 160.15
17 Amy LIN TPE 140.03
18 Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU MEX 138.82
19 Larkyn AUSTMAN CAN (136.82)
20 Isadora WILLIAMS BRA 135.94
21 Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI 119.40
22 Joanna SO HKG 97.82

Oof, poor Canada. Three entries and not one in 180+. Hopefully things are on the up for Canadian ladies.

I hope Bradie can raise her SB here. Eunsoo too.

Practice report. Bradie was a no show. Loved everyone from USA KOR HKG and oh those wonderful Japanese ladies! PaulE and I sat with famous skating photog David C. He says Rika doesnt realize how wonderful she is... But we do... ;)

I wonder why she didn’t show up.

b-man

Final Flight
There seems to be a lot of buzz on the Forum about Eunsoo, who is only number 9 on the SB list of entrants, (though not that far from number 5 Elizabet.) I've only seen here on a few Youtube videos. Do people believe she has been underscored in competitions?

clippers8200

On the Ice
There seems to be a lot of buzz on the Forum about Eunsoo, who is only number 9 on the SB list of entrants, (though not that far from number 5 Elizabet.) I've only seen here on a few Youtube videos. Do people believe she has been underscored in competitions?

I think her SP has been underscored, but her FS scoring seems about right. If she can go clean, I think should get around 72-73 on the SP and 130-135 on the FS.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
anyone got videos from practice? I haven't seen any full videos, just a few short videos of jumps. :(

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Eunsoo seems to have weak spins among top skaters.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
More competitive experience will help Ting. She might be in the middle of a growth spurt which makes her less consistent. Fingers crossed she won't be too tall.

Not sure Ting could medal even being clean but the judges do seem to like her when she skates semi clean. People are talking about Alysa Lui as the savior of US ladies but she can't even move up to Seniors internationally for another 3 years so Ting has a great chance to set herself up over the next couple of years among the younger US Ladies. I can see her passing both Bradie and Mariah in a couple of years if she learns to be a fighter and believe in herself which she seems to lack at times. The time to build a strong US ladies division started at Nationals with the youngsters and it needs to continue at 4CC.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
News snippets from asahi.com about the Japanese ladies. SP start order is Rika 19, Kaori 20, Mai 22. It appears Rika has injured her left ring finger after a fall in practice. There was a hole in the ice and the finger got stuck in it. Hope it won't affect her performance.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
What are the odds to have a hole in the ice, and her finger happened to be stuck in it :scratch2:
At least I think the ice should be very smooth.
News snippets from asahi.com about the Japanese ladies. SP start order is Rika 19, Kaori 20, Mai 22. It appears Rika has injured her left ring finger after a fall in practice. There was a hole in the ice and the finger got stuck in it. Hope it won't affect her performance.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What are the odds to have a hole in the ice, and her finger happened to be stuck in it :scratch2:
At least I think the ice should be very smooth.

They've been very good at doing the ice, but holes appear whenever toe jumps are done.

lzxnl

Final Flight
They've been very good at doing the ice, but holes appear whenever toe jumps are done.

It reminds me of Mao's 2010 Vancouver FS, when she was going to do a jump (I don't know which; probably 3Lz or 3T) but her blade got caught in the ice and threw her off balance, so she essentially lost an entire jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.