2019 Skate Canada Day 1: Thoughts and Highlights | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Skate Canada Day 1: Thoughts and Highlights

Rashela

On the Ice
I am just really sad for Evgenia and Matteo. Both of them had a great change to medal there, but it seems quite unlikely, especially for Zhenya. OTOH if she actually has a quad Salchow, she should go for it tonight, because there is nothing to lose now.
Young You is amazing and hopefully there is still a chance for her to get 2nd assignment.

Yuzuru is a phenomenon, period :biggrin: I don't even need to elaborate on that.

Rika is a total package, how much that I love to see her as the world champion. Tonight is going to be exciting. Are Rika's 3As, artistry and 7 point margin enough to match Sasha's 4 quads? I'm excited for FS.

Zhenya is going to fight back. Oh God, please help her, it was heart breaking to see her like that in kiss and cry. Hopefully, she will be happy tonight.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Great recaps GS. Reportage of FS is so piecemeal that articles like that are a veritable Public Service.

:clapper:

1111bm

Final Flight
Finally got to watch some of the men's and ladies' SP.

I was very sad for Roman, but I have to say, I was really impressed with his spins! They're really beautiful, and I say this as someone who's not a fan of spins. Speaking of spins, I still don't understand why Deniss' spin qualities are being held up so high, I just don't see it... yes his sit spin is impressive, but those camel positions are so bad and sloppy.

Also very surprised at Matteo, did not expect this at all from him, to me he was a clear favourite for a podium finish or even the final.

Lol @ Yuzu getting higher GOE on his sloppy 4T combo than Camden on his clean and confident 4T landing.