2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Sara Hurtado and Kirill Khaliavin will be coaching the newly formed juniors team of Sofia Val and Alexander Gnedin, who will skate for Spain
(Sofia previously skated with Nikita Vitranyuk, and Alexander skated with Angelina Zimina in Russia)

Thank you for the information. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

And just to let people on here know, Sara said in the interview that Sofía and Sasha will be competing in Juniors. So, there is still nobody to fill the Senior slots. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Alexa and Brandon. Very wise decision on their part to not retire. They are going to slay. I would not be at all surprised if they became the most decorated pairs team in US history.
Oh, right. They definitely should use the time to win things, since they have rare opportunity.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside

Isabella Flores (USA, Ice Dance) has found a new partner, she will be skating with Ivan Desyatov.

Ivan previously represented first Russia and later Belarus with his former partner Ekaterina Andreeva.

So glad to hear she has finally found a partner! I felt so sorry for her when she abruptly lost her previous partner Dima. They were one of my fav jr ice dance teams to watch.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
i also wouldn't count out China. I am sure they will come back with great teams !
Really? I think that would be news to China. They've been trying for a long time to come up with promising young pairs teams to replenish their pairs discipline, even going so far as to recruit U.S. female skaters of Chinese descent. Nothing has worked to date.

I would venture to say that Canada and the U.S. currently have more potential than China to bounce back in pairs post the plethora of retirements and splits. Plus, Georgia has two excellent young teams on the rise. There are sure to be many surprises in store for us over the next several seasons. Fasten your seatbelts.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Like, I'm really disappointed for some reason Chinese Fed has kind of stopped developing teams and it's sad.
It's not as if they simply decided to stop. They are just coming up empty in terms of talent. The well has not been deep for awhile, as the focus has centered almost exclusively on helping Sui/Han weather another four years to win Olympic gold. Mission accomplished in that respect. But their pairs field reportedly is currently not in great shape. Perhaps Chinese fed has been overly demanding, overly manipulative and forceful, as well as hidebound with over-expectations of younger fs athletes, with not much ending up panning out.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So glad to hear she has finally found a partner! I felt so sorry for her when she abruptly lost her previous partner Dima. They were one of my fav jr ice dance teams to watch.
Yeah, that's nice to hear. I felt so sorry for Isabella and what happened. Hopefully, she and her new partner will shine. Here's Ivan with his former partner competing on the GPF last season, in Gdansk, Poland:

Isabella & Dima competed in Gdansk last fall too, and placed 2nd overall and 2nd in both programs, while Ivan Desyatov and his partner, Katia Andreeva placed 7th overall (5th in the RD, but dropped to 11th in the FD).

Isabella & Dima:

Dima was so expressive and he seemed to enjoy competing. It's very sad the partnership ended so abruptly without explanation. Hopefully, he's doing well. I think Dima is obviously more skilled in some qualities than Ivan, based on these videos. But Ivan has talent, and he seems a good match for Isabella. They have room to grow together.

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
was there any further news released on Dima's situation? last I remember Isabella was seeking information on social media and was left in the dark. i am happy she found a new partner.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
German Fed announced the split of Hase/ Seegert and Mueller/ Dieck. Joti Polizoakis will switch to the Czech Fed.
I loved Hase/Seegert and will really miss them. I am also gonna miss Mueller/Dieck - Joker was my guilty pleasure this year. Please Tim keep skating

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
I loved Hase/Seegert and will really miss them. I am also gonna miss Mueller/Dieck - Joker was my guilty pleasure this year. Please Tim keep skating
Seems like Nolan plans to retire now, because he said that he is almost 30 years old now and doesn´t want to start all over with a new partner. He wanted to keep skating with Minerva for 1 or 2 years, because with the actual situation in pair skating they would have had good chances for good results.

Maybe this is the reason why they have split. Minerva is only 23 years old and probably wants a partner she can skate with for more years. But a German coach said, it is almost impossible to find a matching partner for her in Germany. :(

Müller/Dieck have split because Tim wanted to commit completey to skating, probably with an international coach. And Katharina wanted to focus on university and come back to Germany for training. They are both looking for new partners now to continue their careers.

It´s really a sad situation for German skating. :(

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Seems like Nolan plans to retire now, because he said that he is almost 30 years old now and doesn´t want to start all over with a new partner. He wanted to keep skating with Minerva for 1 or 2 years, because with the actual situation in pair skating they would have had good chances for good results.

Maybe this is the reason why they have split. Minerva is only 23 years old and probably wants a partner she can skate with for more years. But a German coach said, it is almost impossible to find a matching partner for her in Germany. :(

Müller/Dieck have split because Tim wanted to commit completey to skating, probably with an international coach. And Katharina wanted to focus on university and come back to Germany for training. They are both looking for new partners now to continue their careers.

It´s really a sad situation for German skating. :(
it's good that Tim decided to keep competing, i have at least other 2 or 3 years of jokes based on his name to use

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

That's too bad. But I'm not understanding why they split, unless it's another Moore-Towers/Moskovitch situation, with Minerva wanting to find a younger partner now instead of moving forward at least one more season with Nolan and gaining good results that she could have on her resume and simply search for a different younger partner next season. That would seem to make better sense, unless Minerva is worried about Nolan's health prospects??? If Minerva doesn't have a partner already lined up and ready to go, splitting with Nolan seems risky for her career prospects, doesn't it?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vadym Kolesnik has formed a new ice dance partnership with Emilea Zingas (previously a singles skater, representing Cyprus). Looks like they will be representing the US, as they've tagged US figure skating. Good luck to them in their new adventure together!

If anybody wants to see how Emilea Zingas is getting on with her transition to Ice Dancing, a series of videos have been uploaded by Keiffer Hubbell (as in Madison's brother / former partner) during the past couple of weeks of Emilea doing some pattern dances with Keiffer and Vadym.

All the links are in the following post that I just put up over in the Fan Fest forum:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2988705

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Lili1122

Rinkside

Tulips

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Eric Redford and Vanessa James announce retirement. Not really a surprise. Does anyone else feel that there should be some minimum committment to make the Olympic team? Seems unfair for someone to come in 8 months prior to the Olympics and take a spot from someone who had been I. It for 4 years. Maybe it’s just me.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Hmmm, and do you say that about Virtue/Moir coming back for another Olympics? And many other former champions who came back to the ice for another chance to compete at the Olympics?

FYI: Figure skating is a competitive sport. No one "takes a spot" from anyone. All athletes earn what they achieve through hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears.

Your comments are biased and unfair as directed toward two great champions of the sport. Eric Radford and Vanessa James represented Canada with great courage, determination, and gratitude. They helped Canada achieve three spots in pairs for next season. They proved to be Canada's best pairs team! They took no spots from anyone during their competitive journey. They inspired their fans, fellow competitors, and admirers.

Status
Not open for further replies.